• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:03 AM

Yeah,it LOOKS flawless. But just wait,someone here will point out what's wrong,LOL!

GREAT pic of your ships CS! And nice to see some other stuff on the bottom shelf. Is the Eagle Transporter a model kit? Or the die-cast from Dinky Toys? I only ever had the die-cast ones.

J-R!

#22 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

Unless absolutely major, I'm fine with small decal flaws (wonky window or line, even a wrong name so long as the letters are tiny). It's the physical stuff I don't like, which is why I always prefer shops. By physical, I mean parts not glued together properly (causing big gaps), or as with my first Bird of Prey, a loose wing and missing piece!

#23 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

Totally! I won't go on about my Enterprise D again,with it's big gap on one side of the neck,but I too prefer buying my stuff in a shop. Even my figures,as I hate it when their eyes are all wonky and mouths that look like a moustache and such. I have sometimes ordered online and so far been lucky to get a good paint job. And mostly lucky with the few ships I've ordered online. The last one I ordered was the E D though,and I'm having huge reservations ordering ships again online. But living in this country,where we get basically nothing,backwards country that it is,online ordering is almost the only way to go. That said,I do try to find what I want every time I'm in the US. I don't even buy in the UK because the prices are higher and I can't get myself to pay those prices when I KNOW it's cheaper in the US,lol!

Of course,I also find most of what I want at either Comic Con or NYCC,and if my attention span allows it,I usually end up buying there and shipping it back here. I also have a great friend in Raleigh who does some shopping for me. That way I get to throw in some US food and candy whenever he ships a box,lol.

J-R!

#24 CaptSpry

CaptSpry

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

I didn't see any paint flaws in mine...looks really clean. I only did the all lights on, didn't listen to the sounds so I can't comment on those. I usually take the batteries out any way and put them in the shelve. The Eagle transport is a model kit, same scale as the diecast Eagles. 1/72 I believe.

#25 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

It sure looks great,and if I see one at Comic Con I might even pick one up.Not very good with model kits so doubt I'll ever get me an Eagle,unless I come across the diecast one from Product Enterprise,lol.

Btw,I see you're based in San Diego. You ever go to Comic Con? And have you checked out the Super 7 store yet?

J-R!

#26 CaptSpry

CaptSpry

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Comicon is very difficult to get tickets for, and I usually buy all my stuff online. It's cheaper. I am going to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim next month though! Four days of nothing but Star Wars Will be amazing! I have an equal love for both Trek and Wars :)

#27 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

I like both too! YES,it IS possible! lol! And you're right about CC tickets,it really is a nightmare getting them,but it's great fun once you're there. SWC sounds like great fun too,and I know JJ is gonna be there. Someone should ask him about the next Trek movie! LOL! If you go by the Super 7 store on 8th,please take pics of the Trek ReAction figs. I'm also on the lookout for a new netcaf as the three I used to frequent have closed down. Not all the hotels I stay at have access to a computer,and I don't travel with my laptop.

And to stay on topic,as always,lol,I wonder if DST will have some kinda variant of this ship as an exclusive at the con. I can't imagine what that would be though,apart from battle damaged,lol! Though it never saw battle,nothing surprises me anymore. Or diffferent sound effects. Hopefully they'll have something else,for all you exclusive lovers out there,lol.

J-R!

#28 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

A NX-2000 review I just stumbled across on good old Youtube. It looks like it's got pre-painted Warp nacelles!

#29 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

The saucer rim paint is quite bad on that one, hopefully it isn't a universal problem.

Other then that it looks fantastic.

#30 Zodou

Zodou

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for posting that. It looks great, too bad about his paint issues.

#31 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

I'm not much of a "send it back because issues" guy, but those saucer rim lines worry me a little bit. Time will tell if that's a common mistake on the whole model line, or "just" randomly on a few ships. Though it still looks better than what I could have done with a model kit :D

#32 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

Look at CaptSprys pictures again, that one also has wonky rim lines. I don't know if they're as bad, but they are there. 

#33 CaptSpry

CaptSpry

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Mine are slightly wonky, but nothing major.  I didn't even notice until the video, then I had to go and check.  So not flawless, but I am still happy with her :)

IMG_5331_zpsajtanytj.jpg

IMG_5332_zpslri9mkhn.jpg

IMG_5330_zpshez9jfpv.jpg

#34 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

She still is indeed a beauty, and until I saw the video I didn't notice but now I can't unsee it. I'm sure from a distance its fine.

This certainly wouldn't prevent me from getting it, it is a massed produced toy, not a model, and there is no way they will be perfect. 

#35 ShodanTrek

ShodanTrek

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

The saucer rim tampos on my 2014 Enterprise B look exactly like that. Looks like each section of 2" or so was applied without consideration of the curve or angle of the saucer.  Anyway, it's not a huge deal, but I know they CAN do them right because my NCC-2000 Excelsior has perfect tampos on the saucer.

#36 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

In case anyone missed it, the NX-2000 is back in stock at entertainment earth. 

#37 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Also now in stock at BBTS. 

http://www.bigbadtoy...168&mode=retail

#38 Alien Captain

Alien Captain

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Now that I've seen pictures and video from different people who bought the NX from different sources, I am willing to bet that the outer saucer rim problem is, to varying degrees, on ALL of them in this first production run. I was hoping it wasn't the case, but there's really no denying it now. I caught the A and cancelled it, now it looks like I will have to cancel this as well. I am beyond tired of the returns and exchanges process, no matter how nice the retailers are about it. The sad thing is the retailers are aware of it and usually offer a comment along the lines of "there have been many quality problems with this item", or "there have already been several returns on this, would you prefer store credit?"  :(

#39 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

I'll be getting my NX-2000 for my birthday at the end of May, I'm fully expecting the lines to be wonky like the couple I've seen here. Which makes no sense to me considering the NCC-2000 is perfect and they're virtually the same ship. The lines even look like they're the same color, how can they be THIS bad on one, and perfect on the other?

I checked out my B and they are indeed wonky as well, they aren't as bad as on the NX, but they are there. 

#40 Alien Captain

Alien Captain

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

I guess all we can do is show them how unhappy we are by voting with our wallets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users