Star Trek Micro Machines

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Fantastic looking over this thread, so many memories of being a kid again. To me and my bunch of friends at junior school, these were like our version of pogs/trading cards - we were swapping ships all the time! Still got a ton of loose ones around somewhere, as well as the Bronze Enterprises, runabout and shuttle, still in it's box (near-mint condition as well). Would love to see them made again using today's modern standards. :)

#62 Gi Jeff

Gi Jeff

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Star Trek, indiana jones and DC superheroes.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Man I wish I would have kept these.
I had all the micros and I managed to score them at retail.
I even had multiples of some of the harder ships.
Didnt think they would be so hard to get later.
I sold or traded them all years ago.
I do somewhere have a defiant, voyager, and all the enterprises but E somewhere but I havnt found them as of yet.
I did find my aliens micro drop ship.

#63 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Holy crap... I'm too much of a hoarder to sell any of them, but I have a little plastic utility box that's probably worth it's weight in Gold-Pressed-Latinum if these are the prices that single, loose, Galoob MicroMachines are going for!

#64 Morgan

Morgan

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

The not-often-seen Franco-Germanic packaging. Some spirited bidding drove this example up to $14.22 excluding shipping from Yurrp. And that, as we all know, is a bargain when it comes to Star Trek Micro Machines, which are worth more than sterling silver per ounce still, in 2017.

uQVYJN8.jpg

#65 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Set XI, aka the one with that blasted HMS Bounty, Farragut and Spacedock Shuttle sold for $28.51 w/out shipping from the UK recently.

Very well bought all things considered, because unopened sets with that Bounty are worth their weight in... certainly sterling silver if not gold. (Even I don't have a Bounty).

http://ebay.to/2uHZI4d

#66 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Here are a couple solid sales indicate of where some desirable Micro Machines are trending: set XI with the Bounty brought $25.80 + $12.29 shipping while the bottom Voyager set brought $31.00 + $12.29 shipping, both from the same seller.

Well bought on that Bounty set -- that's still a bit of a bargain -- while the Voyager set achieved an impressive result after 7 bids.

UuNyizA.jpg

#67 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Here's something of a rarity, even in this relatively well-saturated market: the small set with the Enterprise-A, which I never saw in stores back when these were new. (I don't think these were foreign market, but I am not sure).

Unsold on eBay with a starting price of $46.00. Perhaps something for the packaging maniacs only.

IpIJdtm.jpg

#68 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Here's something of a rarity, even in this relatively well-saturated market: the small set with the Enterprise-A, which I never saw in stores back when these were new. (I don't think these were foreign market, but I am not sure).

Unsold on eBay with a starting price of $46.00. Perhaps something for the packaging maniacs only.

IpIJdtm.jpg

These were released over here in the UK and were only available in Argos stores as far as I remember. I know it's in my collection somewhere.

Take care,

Matty-lad

#69 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the info, I had a feeling these were Euro-market or something, but I wasn't sure. Very cool set -- it's like a difference between American and European food portions in restaurants : )

#70 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

A loose USS Voyager micro machine sold for $25.00 + $2.61 shipping in the last quarter of 2017. That's a pretty strong result, all things, considered, and quite a bit north of 1/3 price for an MIB 3-pack with the same Voyager in it.

This remains one of the 3 or 4 rarest Micro Machine 3-packs, and it's still drawing plenty of bids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users