• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

So, what does everyone think about the announcement? Hopes? Fears?
What do you want to see in the new series?

One thing that I hope to see is a lot of crossover from the other shows. That was somehting I enjoyed with SG-1 and Atlantis. So often I would see Weir at the SGC. I feel that was a good bridge between the shows. However after reading this on Gateworld I have a bad feeling we will not see ANY crossover,

"The new series has been conceived to be "a completely separate, third entity," Cooper said in an interview -- "much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1 and was sort of born out of SG-1."

I think the title needs improvment too. wink.gif

Early 2008 is when we should see the new series.

#2 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:42 AM

I have been keeping up on the development of this new show on Gateworld. The title (Stargate: Universe) leaves a lot to the imagination and until we know more about the plot line the title works. I too like the crossovers between SG-1 and SGA and when I read that the new show will be a "completely separate, third entity" I was sort of bumbed.

From what I've read it looks promessing however I will reserve judgment until more info is released. I do like the idea that it will deal with the ninth chevron.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

I am realy looking forward to hearing more about it. I love SG1 and SGA. Do we know if any of the SG1 cast will be involved? I have heard rumors that Jackson will be in it but nothing official.

#4 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 12 2007, 10:36 AM) View Post
I am realy looking forward to hearing more about it. I love SG1 and SGA. Do we know if any of the SG1 cast will be involved? I have heard rumors that Jackson will be in it but nothing official.

This is the first I have heard of the possibility of Jackson in the new series. I hope he is, I like his character.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

I don't remember where I read it but I remember reading that Shanks was in talks to star in the new series but it could have just been some fan boy dream I was reading. I am going to have to go on the hunt now.

#6 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Maybe we'll get to meet the Furlings for real in this one? LOL

No seriously, I want to know more about what this going to entail. I'm excited but also a little nervous.

#7 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

I wonder if TPTB are going to create yet another powerful enemy for this show to take on. I would like to see a re-emergence of the Goa'uld System Lords causing problems for our new heroes, maybe even have the Wraith enter our galaxy and take them on for a bit. What does everyone else think?

#8 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys, this was posted at Trek BBS......

Possible SPOILERS!!!!!!!

and this is a rumor....

http://trekweb.com/s...=#47c86ee3b1612

#9 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

It will be interesting to see how the new series plays out but I am up for anything.

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

Well I am in the midst of watching season 9 for the first time and it is a drastic difference from the rest of the Stargate stuff. I havent seen any of Atlantis yet but I am definately feeling the loss of Richard Dean Anderson. |Me and my girlfriend have watched seasons 1-8 in about 2 months and we were so excited to see what was next. Now its just like blah. I just bought stargate atlantis and hopefully that is better. Im not sure if its the transition to the new characters of Mitchell and Vala or just the loss of Anderson, but halfway through season nine Im nonplussed. Dont get me wrong I like Mitchell and Vala but something else is missing without Anderson and it just seems like the episodes thus far have been forced. Heres hoping that SGU and SGA for that matter are better than what Im seeing now! Dont spoil it for me, I'll try to update my progress!

#11 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Small amount of information from Robert Cooper regarding this,

http://www.gateworld...tlantisi_.shtml

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Im glad to hear AoT DVD had strong sales. I think that bodes well for continuing sg-1 stuff. I hope they bring back Ricard Dean Anderson!!

#13 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

Official info from Gateworld regarding what the series is about.

http://www.gateworld..._revealed.shtml

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

The idea sounds good to me. I think if they develop it right then it could be realy good. I say that there will be at least one cast memebr from either SG1 or SGA invloved in it to draw fans in. Thanks for the link. I cant wait to hear more.

#15 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

2009 is when to look for this series. Since Season 5 will be the last for Atlantis this show will be airing soon after SGA ends.

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Where did you hear that season 5 is the last for Atlantis?

#17 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Aug 22 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you hear that season 5 is the last for Atlantis?

Gateworld

http://www.gateworld.net/

#18 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Thanks I found it after I asked. I will be sorry to see Atlantis end. I feel that it is not getting a fair run. But it is good to see that there will at least be a 2 hour movie to send them off. As for the new show.I am looking forward to hearing more about t. It has a sound story line so far and I cant wait to see how things play out. I dont know how people can already say it sounds horrible and that they wont even give it a chance without even knowing who will be in it or any other real details. But I expect nothing less from most of those chuckleheads at Gateworld.

#19 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

Who are the main villians going to be in the series?

#20 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(TheHSBR @ Aug 23 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who are the main villians going to be in the series?

Hopefully someone or something completely new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users