Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

Oh,that was meant for Jay K btw.

#42 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

So I called the TOS BoP, as well as the NX-01 as the returning classic.... Once again I think I'm some kind of seer.

#43 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Wait is that a TNG phaser?

#44 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Uhura, Uhura, was the ship Rwunmulln?  Romuulm?  Nmbtung?

#45 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

That's it? How......boring. Yay for me though,was hoping it was something I didn't really want. Hopefully they'll have something I DO want next year,for the 50th anniversary and such.

More time to pick up some Marvel Select I'm still missing. NEAT!

J-R!

#46 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...rt=160&sl=24251

Looks like a TNG phaser, didn't see that coming.

#47 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

OOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

#48 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'm hoping the NX will be treated like the A with all new sounds and a fix for the light bleed.

#49 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

That Phaser has saved the day for me! :D

VmmELGz.jpg

The NX-01 should be a beauty with even the most basic improvements (extra decal detail basically). Will definitely consider getting that again, but wow, Romulan Bird of Prey? I'm seeing that as five more Eaglemoss ships! lol

#50 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

That Phaser has saved the day for me! :D

2015_NYTF_DST97__scaled_800.jpg

The NX-01 should be a beauty with even the most basic improvements (extra decal detail basically). Will definitely consider getting that again, but wow, Romulan Bird of Prey? I'm seeing that as five more Eaglemoss ships! lol

The NX was already virtually perfect sculpt and paint wise, the only improvement would be the minor light bleed and sounds.

I'd love it if they did a NX refit variant.

I can honestly say I was caught off guard by the phaser, they've been blowing off TNG props for so long I wasn't expecting one so soon.

#51 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Oh I know, I was just thinking the light bleed, but also a few decals that were missing - minor things, but I reckon this could be a little stunner.

And yeah, the phaser is a lovely surprise. Hopefully leads to more TNG era+ props being made. :D

VmmELGz.jpg

#52 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Romulan BoP is not very exciting

Klingon/Romulan Battlecruiser would have been more exciting for the 50th

#53 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

Romulan BoP is not very exciting

Klingon/Romulan Battlecruiser would have been more exciting for the 50th

I'm not terribly excited either, but I'll hold off final judgement until they decide to release a picture...

#54 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

So what's the ST3 phaser variant there?

#55 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

Well that's quite the let down as usual. Why no picture of the Romulan ship. We all know what it is so once again why the big secret. I'm more excited over the Reaction figures and the Big Bang theory Trek figures. At least I can get those in the next few months instead of years.

#56 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

WNoggVi.jpg?2

Just thought I'd be succinct!

I'm not a fan of Enterprise, but it's wonderful to see them resurrecting that ship, as there are plenty of people who have been pining over it for years!

A Romulan ship from TOS?

There's really only two it could be - the D7, or the BoP. It's more than likely the BoP, or they would have marketed it as a Klingon ship. I'm ambivalent about the BoP, but I'll wait and see. If it's a D7, I'll be over the moon.

However, I am COMPLETELY PSYCHED for that TNG Phaser! The sculpt looks fantastic. SOLD SOLD SOLD.

Let it be the first of MANY Trek Tech toys in the TNG line, PLEASE!

While you're at it, DST, let's see a "Dolphin" phaser and Tricorders to go with both.

That QMX Picard likeness is really good! Though, it does look a little like he just woke up...

Toy-Fair-2015-QMX-074.jpg

Garak needs to take a look at that uniform.

Nice selection of accessories he has, too - good sculpt and paint on them.

Toy-Fair-2015-QMX-075.jpg

Speaking of wonderful sculpts, DST's Worf bank looks marvellous!

YlNI78B.jpg

#57 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'm hoping the NX will be treated like the A with all new sounds and a fix for the light bleed.

That makes two of us Alteran195; I'm hoping that the NX–01 will be brought in line with the "A" and the "E." If DST does that I'd really like to see the Enterprise–C next since it truly will let me finish my line of Enterprises, and each of them will have the voice clips and lights/sounds that DST is known for. I have to wonder though, since we're getting the NX–01 again, will DST consider an NX–02 "Columbia" to go with it? I'd gladly by both of them if given the chance.

As for the Romulan BoP, I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread. I'm fine with it since it lets me swap a Playmates ship for a DST ship on my shelf, but I'm still trying to figure out why they weren't allowing it to be photograhed. We all know what the ship looks like and were hoping to see whatever DST had, even if it was just a mock-up, so why did they decide to keep the BoP "cloaked" around the cameras? If it's a D7, the same thing applies, we know what it looks like. Unless the only thing DST had was a "K'tinga variant" and didn't want to reveal that, (tipping their hand to a future Klingon variant of the aforementioned D7,) I see no reason why the Romulan ship should be kept this closely guarded. The BoP seems more likely though, and if it was the D7, I'd think that the Romulan version would likely be a variant of a "Klingon ship," even though I'd grab both of them.

I am COMPLETELY PSYCHED for that TNG Phaser! The sculpt looks fantastic. SOLD SOLD SOLD.

Let it be the first of MANY Trek Tech toys in the TNG line, PLEASE!
While you're at it, DST, let's see a "Dolphin" phaser and Tricorders to go with both.

You've summed up my thoughts rather nicely, Destructor! I screamed when I saw that thing and nearly shot through the roof with joy at the idea of finally getting TNG Trek Tek. (Thank you DST!) I cannot wait to buy that, and I really need to get my grubby little mitts on the STIII phaser fairly soon too. I'm also 100% with you on the "Dolphin" phaser and tricorders as well; if DST does those, I think we'll need a giant poster of the Fry "Shut up and take my money" meme on here.

#58 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

Yeah imagine a Dolphin phaser that opened up revealing the power cells inside (like the Phase Pistol)! :)

Either way, the phaser alone has me over the moon, and it honestly saved the day for me. The NX is great, looking forward to seeing what's new with it, but as I said I would be ages ago, I'm just baffled by the choice of Romulan BoP. A D7/K't'inga would've satisfied everyone - so many variants as well, hopefully it comes in the future.

I've seen DST say that figures have been cancelled in the past due to low interest from retailers (Sisko and Defiant chair come to mind, though I'm sure there's more), but I wonder does that also apply to bigger products such as ships?

#59 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Why no images of the Romulan ship? That's strange.

#60 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

Maybe it's "pending licensor approval."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users