• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Does the collectors edition include the longer ending with Geordi & Worf cleaning out Datas quarters, Riker razzing the new first officer & Beverly taking a job at Starfleet Command?

#22 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, I think I bought my special edition directors cuts 6 months ago and still haven't gotten to them. I'll defininately check out the end of Nemesis when I get a chance, as I'm curious about this too. Something I will agree with though, is Picard's sentiment that Wesley was back in uniform. I always felt it was a mistake the direction they took with his character in the end. It was very evident that Wesley wanted to follow in the foot steps of his parent. I never felt he was pressured by anyone other than himself to live up to his full potential. So when that episode happens, I try to ignore it.

#23 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

I dunno Don, I really liked the turn that he took. I never liked the child prodigy aspect of his character, but I thought it was cool he was able to transcend the human equation and explore new ideas. I also think it was cool to see him back in uniform though. Once I had done some exploration of space and time, I think I would eventually want to come home too.

#24 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, it was the only reason I bought the two disc version, for all the extras.

That's how they get you! wink.gif

#25 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

hmmm....I| may have to go out and buy the 2 disc set just to see all this great action. Another thing I found interesting was that Commander Madden was played by the guy who played Major Hayes in Enterprise. Thats two pretty high ranking offices if you ask me!!

#26 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 6 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post

Does the collectors edition include the longer ending with Geordi & Worf cleaning out Datas quarters, Riker razzing the new first officer & Beverly taking a job at Starfleet Command?

Yes, it does. Those are in the deleted scenes section, though, along with the Wesley scene. Is that what I think it is that they found in Data's quarters? I guess they could always mod it for B4.

#27 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 7 2007, 01:10 AM) View Post

Yes, it does. Those are in the deleted scenes section, though, along with the Wesley scene. Is that what I think it is that they found in Data's quarters? I guess they could always mod it for B4.

B4! BAH! If TNG ever conitnued, I would hope they would ship B4 off the ship to some lab somewhere far away. Maybe Commandare Maddox could have a crack at him.

#28 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 7 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post

B4! BAH! If TNG ever conitnued, I would hope they would ship B4 off the ship to some lab somewhere far away. Maybe Commandare Maddox could have a crack at him.

^ This has nothing to do with what I think of the character of B-4, but I agree. Why should he stay on the ship at all? He's not a Starfleet officer, nor is he family of a crewmember.

#29 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Mar 7 2007, 02:20 PM) View Post

^ This has nothing to do with what I think of the character of B-4, but I agree. Why should he stay on the ship at all? He's not a Starfleet officer, nor is he family of a crewmember.

I am sure some would argue that if he inherits all of Data's memory than he would also possess all of Data's Starfleet training and should be an officer.

I thought that having B4 cheapened Data's death and sacrifice and was just a stupid gimmick to let Brent Spiner come back to the franchise (IF another movie was made) in case he changed his mind (like Leonard Nimoy did, and Denise Crosby...)

#30 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

Agreed, Chalk.

#31 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 7 2007, 02:45 PM) View Post

[font=Comic Sans Ms]I am sure some would argue that if he inherits all of Data's memory than he would also possess all of Data's Starfleet training and should be an officer.

I think that's a very tenuous argument at best. He may have all of Data's memories, but that doesn't make him Data. Even at the end of Nemesis, it seemed he had very little concept of what having Data's memories actually meant. Picard's little speech at the end of the movie to him sailed right over his head, and for all we know, his singing Blue Skies merely meant he was malfunctioning because he couldn't process all that "Data"

It sounds like we're in violent agreement here biggrin.gif but there were many better ways, I think, to give Spiner an "out" back into the franchise if they so chose, even with Data's death. Say for example, if he'd downloaded himself into the main computer like Professor Graves had done in Season 2. Perhaps in a later movie, LaForge would have found a way to integrate him into the computer speech recognition program (Majel Barrett could then retire as the computer voice), or into a holodeck simulation...

#32 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

I would really like it if you could purchase verisions of movies with all deleted scenes added, instead of placed in a 'deleted scenes' section.

#33 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 7 2007, 07:38 PM) View Post

I would really like it if you could purchase verisions of movies with all deleted scenes added, instead of placed in a 'deleted scenes' section.

I am sure someone who is familiar with editting could. I could, but I no longer have the software at my disposal. That would be sweet though...

#34 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

The problem with that is that they would have to go through the added expense of doing a lot of post production cleanup to those deleted scenes. If you look at a lot of them, they are from the rough cuts and look, well, rough. I think the studio just doesn't want to go to the expense of that with every movie. Doing it they way they do it is cheap and easy and, at least, they are there and we get to see them. Before DVDs and DVD extras we wouldn't have ever seen them at all.

#35 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 7 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post

Before DVDs and DVD extras we wouldn't have ever seen them at all.

Those were dark days indeed!

I think though sometimes directors add additional scenes just for the DVD release!

And I had assumed Art meant that someone could just edit the scenes in, nothing about cleaning it up and all. Yeah, it would look rough, but it still would be interesting to see how it affects the movie.

In a way though, I am glad those scenes didn't make it into the final movie because I'm reading the Titan series and I wouldn't want to have to deal with Lt. Crusher in those novels. Ugh!

#36 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

It would be interesting, but also a bit hard to watch. I don't know if you remember in the mid-80's when they released the first version of "The Cage" on VHS. It was before they found the original negatives, so they had to splice it together using color footage from "The Menagerie" and an original, rough B&W copy of "The Cage". It was hard to watch, going from color with the audio cleaned up to the B&W with crackles and breaks in the sound and picture at times.

But the real question, Chalk, is why no love for young Wesley? tongue.gif

#37 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

well since they are continuing Next Gen post Nemesis in the books later this year....what is that crew going to look like? Is Commander Madden going to be 1st officer? Maybe Wes will be on the Enterprise?

#38 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 7 2007, 08:20 PM) View Post

But the real question, Chalk, is why no love for young Wesley? tongue.gif

I dunno, Knight... maybe because he wouldn't return my inrequited love for him?

Nah... I just didn't like having a kid save the ship all the time and I didn't think it was right that someone who went through all the training to be a Starfleet officer got bumped from the conn so the doctor's 14 year old son could drive the flagship of the federation. It just seemed wrong...

#39 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 7 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

Yeah, it was the only reason I bought the two disc version, for all the extras.
That's how they get you! wink.gif

But, by golly, those extras are worth it! tongue.gif Sheer nerd heaven!

#40 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Mar 8 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post

But, by golly, those extras are worth it! tongue.gif Sheer nerd heaven!

I agree. It was well worth it. Paramount was, after all, able to make me buy Nemesis twice because of it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 8 2007, 10:38 AM) View Post

I dunno, Knight... maybe because he wouldn't return my inrequited love for him?

Nah... I just didn't like having a kid save the ship all the time and I didn't think it was right that someone who went through all the training to be a Starfleet officer got bumped from the conn so the doctor's 14 year old son could drive the flagship of the federation. It just seemed wrong...

Yeah. I agree with you on that as well. I think it was more of a ploy to get a younger audience into TNG early on. But it never did make any sense. Wunderkind or no, it never made sense. Jake and Nog had more realistic stories as they came of age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users