Milestones!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

I thought it would be nice to have a place to share big events with each other (ie graduations, births, etc). Plus, I wanted to brag just a little, so let me get started LOL ....

Tomorrow Wednesday, December 13th, 2006, at 10am, I take the last final of my first long semester at The University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio, TX in their graduate Occupational Therapy program. I am supposed to be studying for said final now, but end-o-semester burn out has set in.

I have been out of college (university for all of you over-seas) for 10 years and I am pumped to have this first long semester behind me. It was tough, but not as tough as the gross anatomy (human dissection) over the summer.

#2 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:50 AM

Congratulations and good luck on the finals. While it's alot of stress now, I'm sure it will all pay off once you've graduated and have that sweet job wink.gif

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:48 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I was out of school for over ten years when I decided to go back and get a degree. That first semester starts out going full steam but by the end you are just ready for it to be over. Well good luck with the final. biggrin.gif

#4 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:04 AM

Myself and my Team at the Marshall Space Flight Center designed a new DC Connector for a Wiring Harness that would simply "snap into place" that was used yesterday on the Electrical Upgrade to the ISS by the Shuttle Crew. smile.gif

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

I went all day today and did not go pee pee in my pants. biggrin.gif

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, but you wear Depends, so it doesn't count rolleyes.gif

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Dec 14 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went all day today and did not go pee pee in my pants. biggrin.gif

Way to go buddy! We knew you could! laugh.gif

#8 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:36 PM

Somehow I feel Mark and his revelation hijacked this thread... ninja.gif

#9 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, but it's like several other threads Roger, it will eventually get back on course. Unless of course Mark hijacks it again in the future tongue.gif

#10 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

Crazy bloody Trektoyers! biggrin.gif

Good luck to you Slayer....
Good for you Cookieman...
Don't really know what you said Propmaster, but it sounded cool! smile.gif

Later this afternoon I start training a group of female pro wrestlers.
I've been training myself for about 2 years, but my body is starting to give up....all my joints are screwed, so I thought it would be best if I helped train new people for a while.

Being that I have a 'thing' for the ladies (though I am gay), the owner of the federation said I could train the women...which is awesome. Not that I am too comfortable seeing women get hurt...but it has to be done, & I prefer to do things my way to lessen the chance of injuries.

#11 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

And you call yourself a Trekker/Trekkie Artistix tongue.gif Something that Roger and his crew worked on was used in the current space Shuttle mission. Congratulations on that Roger, must have made you and the gang really proud hearing that.

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the kudos guys ... unfortunately, I cannot top sending state-of-the-art technology into space. LOL Props to the Props Meister!

Good luck with ladies Artistix!

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Dec 15 2006, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the kudos guys ... unfortunately, I cannot top sending state-of-the-art technology into space. LOL Props to the Props Meister!

Good luck with ladies Artistix!

I can't either.

I didn't make poo poo pants either!! IS that close?

Roger and I are sort of like Pinky and the Brain. I would be Pinky of course.

OK how about this, I passed my computer class with a 97.84% and my English class with a 96.78% I signed up for my next class today was well.

#14 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

I find the older I get the more I worry about a fart turning into something else entirely Mark. Nice job on the classes and glad to hear they didn't discourage you from joining up for another semester wink.gif Good luck to you and enjoy the holidays during your break smile.gif

#15 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

HEY! Enough now! tongue.gif laugh.gif

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Dec 14 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find the older I get the more I worry about a fart turning into something else entirely Mark. Nice job on the classes and glad to hear they didn't discourage you from joining up for another semester wink.gif Good luck to you and enjoy the holidays during your break smile.gif

LMAO... Me and my buddy were talking about that a couple of days ago. We call it a "shart" (you can figure it out). biggrin.gif

Back on topic. Me and my wife are going to be closing on our new house in the beginning of January. It is not our first house together but it is the first house that we have had built just for us. We are both very excited about that.

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:52 AM

What an awesome experience for you JMW! I want to be able to build one day as well. Congrats!

#18 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

Thank you. I am going to post some pics of the progress when we get a little closer to the move in time.

#19 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

Congratulations JMW326, that's awesome news. Trust me, I have quite a few things to finish up around the house, I'm just really laaazzzy biggrin.gif Hopefully I can get to some of the outside stuff this spring, as my house needs a good scrub down and my fence is in need of replacing. But right now we're working on the upstairs and trying to get motivated and get back to it laugh.gif Congratulations again, having your own place is great, even if it's alot of work wink.gif

#20 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 15 2006, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO... Me and my buddy were talking about that a couple of days ago. We call it a "shart" (you can figure it out). biggrin.gif

Back on topic. Me and my wife are going to be closing on our new house in the beginning of January. It is not our first house together but it is the first house that we have had built just for us. We are both very excited about that.

Make sure it has a LARGE basement like I did. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users