#41 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Feb 14 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No words can express.

Many years it has been, many many years....but the wait is over.

NURSE FREAKIN CHAPEL BIOTCHES!!

djparty.gif

I am very happy for you.
congrats.gif

#42 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (pickard @ Feb 14 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minor quibble: Chapel was never a "true series regular". She appeared in less than a third of the episodes.

Since Chekov was only in 10 more eps does that mean he isnt a series regular either? wink.gif

#43 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

For some reason that short sleeve McCoy doesnt look right. Maybe there was a different look in different episodes, but i thought i remember his getup as more of a shortsleeve scrub, than a rolled up sleeve regular shirt with a different collar like the one shown. I understand that that may be only a prototype and the actual one may look a good deal different, but the one shown looks pretty inaccurate to me.

#44 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

I couldn

#45 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Barney @ Feb 14 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn

#46 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Anyone notice Scrubs McCoy comes with a med kit (w/maybe a removable hypospray) and looks to be holding the little scanner thingie. Chapel, Kirk 1st season green tunic, Romulan Commander, Salt Vampire !?! I have some serious saving to do !!!!! TWOK Communicator, 2 packs.... Stick a fork in me I am done. DST you are killing me. Really, this is awesome.

#47 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Feb 14 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason that short sleeve McCoy doesnt look right. Maybe there was a different look in different episodes, but i thought i remember his getup as more of a shortsleeve scrub, than a rolled up sleeve regular shirt with a different collar like the one shown. I understand that that may be only a prototype and the actual one may look a good deal different, but the one shown looks pretty inaccurate to me.

I'd have to look at screencaps to compare the actual shirt design, but there is at least one inaccuracy. On the show, the medical shirt was a glittery fabric so it had a very noticeable shimmer to it while the figure is just like his normal tunic. Personally, I don't mind the absence of the shimmer, I don't even know how they would pull it off.

#48 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

I just seen this on cooltoyreview.com , if you look on the little card on the floor of the Mego TOS bridge you'll see an interesting thing to to start saving up your shiney gold rocks for .

http://www.cooltoyre...rek1/image6.asp

To quote the legendary Stan Lee...

"Excelsior!" djparty.gif

#49 spider1981

spider1981

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

I've all but given up on every enjoying anything else from DST.
Another year, another Voyager snub (unless you count 7of9 and the guaranteed 15 variants to come.)
All I want is to display a Voyager crew, not an army of 7of9s.
This lineup depresses me as a collector and a fan of Voyager.
I don't even think I'm going to get the 7/Borg wave anymore since it's likely 7 will stand alone without the rest of her comrades.
Not even a fricken Janeway? Is that to #^$% much to ask?
I'm about to declare DST officially dead to me.
I've been let down year after year and I'm just... done. mad.gif

#50 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

The TWOK comm and the Excelsior are excellent news. Somewhat out of the box as far as Tek and ship releases are concerned since the Excelsior isn't a "hero" ship and the TWOK comm is a rather obscure piece and a rarely seen replica. I'm really excited that DST is willing to go the routes they are going with those two lines.

#51 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Feb 14 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Chekov was only in 10 more eps does that mean he isnt a series regular either? wink.gif

No. Just like Yar and Pulaski were regulars (each for one season), while Ogawa and Guinan never were.

MUCH more importantly, I'm loving that Rom Commander. And the sculpted green shirt Kirk looks like an improvement on the first release. (Although, is it just me or does he look a bit short?)

CoolToyReview's photography is always great for events like this.

http://www.cooltoyre...-ST/image13.asp

#52 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (pickard @ Feb 15 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Just like Yar and Pulaski were regulars (each for one season), while Ogawa and Guinan never were.

This is NOT the place to start another who is main crew debate. As for the shimmer....I dont know if big companies do this but to get a shimmer, silver paint watered down almost completely does an awesome effect.

#53 Barney

Barney

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Feb 14 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did notice that she didn't make the trek. Maybe the prototype was delicate, and they didn't want to travel with it? Or maybe they are making a change or two?

I don

#54 Barney

Barney

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Stinky @ Feb 14 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone notice Scrubs McCoy comes with a med kit (w/maybe a removable hypospray) and looks to be holding the little scanner thingie.

The Med kit is a neat detail and if the comes with a removable hypo it will be awesome!

#55 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Feb 15 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is NOT the place to start another who is main crew debate.

If this is NOT the place to discuss who was a "regular" or "main crew", you should direct your admonishments to the poster who introduced it to the thread.

#56 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

Its directed to all including those who incessantly keep taking up the argument.

#57 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Feb 15 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its directed to all including those who incessantly keep taking up the argument.

You would think that a moderator would understand how quoting a particular post might be perceived as addressing that particular post, or the person who wrote it.

"incessantly"? Is repetition of discussions now unacceptable here? Because Mark might as well shut down the whole site if that's the case.

Besides, to the best of my recollection, I've never before participated in a discussion of which character or actor was a "regular" on a series.

#58 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

It is Ok to talk about other things besides Trek at Toyfair? I would assume so since this thread is about Toyfair, anyway, here goes, I saw that HK-47 figure from Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, does anyone know if that will be a regular release?

#59 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Unfortunately, it's a build-a-figure under the "Droid Factory" feature. Here's the wave that will have it: http://www.rebelscum...nel/image16.asp

Never know, though, it may one day be a regular release as Hasbro absolutely loves to rerelease things.

#60 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (The Green Lantern @ Feb 15 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is Ok to talk about other things besides Trek at Toyfair? I would assume so since this thread is about Toyfair, anyway, here goes, I saw that HK-47 figure from Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, does anyone know if that will be a regular release?

Lots of other cool stuff at Toyfair.

The Ghostbusters minimates will find a home on my shelves.

The episode 2 Obi-Wan FX saber from Hasbro already has a place set aside for it. (next to the ep3 saber, naturally).

There were a few Hasbro 3 3/4" Star Wars figures that looked interesting, along with a few Lego sets.

I'll be picking up a few of the 3 3/4" Marvel figures, definitely that Beast/Cyclops 2-pack.

But nothing has me more excited than the Excelsior/ENT-B and the TWOK comm. It's going to be a looong wait for those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users