Photo

Romulan Bird of Prey

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

This actually looks much better than I could have expected. Im still not a fan of the ship itself. Never have been. But DST made a pretty simple design look good with some of the added details. I just wish they would show something I am actually interested in buying now. LOL

#42 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

She does indeed look like a great improvement over the old playmates version, I love the rounded hull compared to the flat on on the playmates one. 

I look forward to adding it to my collection. 

#43 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

i wonder how big it is?

#44 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

I'd been thinking the same thing, because I thought it was quite small. This is very, very rough - extremely rough, but gives a slight idea of what to expect I'd say:

u943gCi.png

#45 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

I have no issue with the ship and I think they have done a fine job on it.  I just dont have the space or the money.  That money will go to a ship that I really want.

#46 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

Go to YouTube and check out Pixel Dan's interview with Zach from Diamonds, the RBOP well be available next year, there some good pics oh the NX-01 and it.

#47 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

https://youtu.be/HIXs9Fjml3E?t=2m53s

Link for the Trek stuff. The BoP certainly doesn't look that big, a decent size though. 

#48 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

The main body looks to be the same width as the 1701-A's saucer.

Spoiler

#49 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

Ditto JK,ditto. Been awhile since there was a ship I REALLY wanted. It's time for one now.

J-R!

#50 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:11 AM

The main body looks to be the same width as the 1701-A's saucer.

That's pretty small compared to the Klingon BoP, for example, and that even has movable wings. I honestly expected something bigger, not as "small" as the Playmates version. But I think it's gotta something to do with the TOS-Enterprise size, the Romulan BoP would look too off in comparison, if it's too big.

#51 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

Yeah it'd fit in better, definitely. Weird though how the price is the same as something like the AGT-D.

EDIT: RRP is $70 (£46). Here's a clearer picture from tomopop:

http://www.tomopop.c...e2-2015-076.jpg

#52 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

I'd assume its size is so its "in scale" with the TOS Enterprise, which is nice. It makes me hopeful if they do Reliant it will be "in scale" with the TWOK Enterprise. 

It certainly looks a lot nicer then the playmates version, I just hope the window paint apps are that clean on the official release. 

#53 Kirk4President

Kirk4President

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Prime universe is the only universe that exists in my personal reality.
    TOS, TNG & DST

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

I'm itching for any new info on this thing. From what I've seen she looks gorgeous and I'll definitely be picking one up.

Anybody hear anything about a potential release date? I wonder if this will count as the 2015 alien ship, or if DST abandoned that goal and is saving this for the 50th Anniversary next year. I know this is highly unlikely, but in a perfect world the Romulan BOP releases this year and we get the Reliant and K'tinga next year, with the Botany Bay as a 2016 SDCC exclusive. :)

#54 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

I'm itching for any new info on this thing. From what I've seen she looks gorgeous and I'll definitely be picking one up.

Anybody hear anything about a potential release date? I wonder if this will count as the 2015 alien ship, or if DST abandoned that goal and is saving this for the 50th Anniversary next year. I know this is highly unlikely, but in a perfect world the Romulan BOP releases this year and we get the Reliant and K'tinga next year, with the Botany Bay as a 2016 SDCC exclusive. :)

The RBoP isn't even up for preorder yet, I'd be shocked if it released this year. Odds are she'll release next year for the 50th (Hopefully, you never know with DST.)

I also highly doubt they'd ever make a Botany Bay, especially as an exclusive, they usually just do variants so they don't piss off their entire fanbase. 

#55 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

The one pic of the BOP from toynewsi.com looks good.

#56 Kirk4President

Kirk4President

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Prime universe is the only universe that exists in my personal reality.
    TOS, TNG & DST

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

The RBoP isn't even up for preorder yet, I'd be shocked if it released this year. Odds are she'll release next year for the 50th (Hopefully, you never know with DST.)

I also highly doubt they'd ever make a Botany Bay, especially as an exclusive, they usually just do variants so they don't piss off their entire fanbase. 

Looks like I'll have to build my own Botany Bay. Walmart has the PL Space Seed kit for under $25, I might take a crack at painting and assembling the 1/1000 Botany Bay and throwing her in with my DST ships. How hard can it be?

#57 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

The image from TNI:

RY7RIYl.jpg

Looks like I'll have to build my own Botany Bay. Walmart has the PL Space Seed kit for under $25, I might take a crack at painting and assembling the 1/1000 Botany Bay and throwing her in with my DST ships. How hard can it be?

For me personally assembling is easy, painting is whats hard. 

#58 Kirk4President

Kirk4President

• Members
  • 17 posts
    TOS, TNG & DST

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

The image from TNI:

2015_SDCC_DST25__scaled_600.jpg

For me personally assembling is easy, painting is whats hard. 

Looks like Eaglemoss is planning a November release for the Botany Bay, I'm probably better off just waiting to snag one of those.

#59 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Looks like Eaglemoss is planning a November release for the Botany Bay, I'm probably better off just waiting to snag one of those.

Love Eaglemoss, I'm sure they'll do a damn good job on her. 

#60 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

Go to YouTube and check out Pixel Dan's interview with Zach from Diamonds, the RBOP well be available next year, there some good pics oh the NX-01 and it.

Both the RBoP and the NX are 2016 releases. Neither has been solicited to retailers.

We may release the new HD run this year, and we may show the new Fed ship at NYCC.

I'd doubt we'd do the Botany Bay in any format, at least not any time soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users