Photo

Klingon BoP is finally coming!

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Awesome ship, if the final product is anything like that then DST have really upped their game with detail. Lets hope the quality is there too.

#42 jlp1701

jlp1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

As expected ...
Entertainment Earth got the release date postponed to January 2013.
So, with any luck, we got it for Christmas 2013!!! biggrin.gif

#43 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Oh for fu....................... KHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

#44 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

#45 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

1701 pointed out some new shots of the Enterprises at NYCC2012, so I did a little more digging. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is either a new BOP model (production sample?) or a repaint of the previously seen showroom model:

The heatsync-looking shoulder vanes are darker in colour, and the whole thing looks like a yellower green to me. It's not down to the camera used, since these photos come from two sources, TNI and CTR.

It's still a brilliant model of the BOP, this colour variation (if it's not just different lighting at the venue) is still well-within the look of the BOP.

EDIT:

A comparison shot from the NYTF showing earlier this year. The light & sound button is different, and the translucency of the impulse engine is so different that I'm gonna say that this is definitely a different model:

#46 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'd say the one shown at NYCC is a production sample and perhaps closer or identical to what we'll have standing on our shelves/desks etc.. in all her klingon glory by the end of November (maybe)

#47 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

unsure.gif Something just doesn't sit right with me in regards to these new photos and I just can't put my finger on it. Either the plastic looks cheap, or parts of the aft area near the engine don't look painted (if the ship is green plastic) or its just the quality of the photos. It could just be the difference between the prototype and this new version. Still a good looking toy mind.

#48 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Its moulded in a dark green plastic but personally I think it looks really good!

#49 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Exelion @ Oct 15 2012, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif Something just doesn't sit right with me in regards to these new photos and I just can't put my finger on it. Either the plastic looks cheap, or parts of the aft area near the engine don't look painted (if the ship is green plastic) or its just the quality of the photos. It could just be the difference between the prototype and this new version. Still a good looking toy mind.

It's probably the more subdued weathering on the bulbous sections above the wings, they almost appear solid black now. It kind of throws the look off from the rest of the model because it's a very stark contrast from nice details to typical toy. The NYTF version looks better because it's more intensely grayed with weathering, breaking up the black void and adding definition to each ribbing. The ribbing on the NYCC version just blend with one another. At least, that's what is wrong with it to me.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's not as pleasing of a look as they've managed previously. I'm hoping they cast or paint those parts in a gray color, or even brown, or add more weathering detail than they have there for the final production piece.

#50 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I personally think the hull looks more subdued ( looks better to me ) than the first version and the weathering looks better..... I do agree though that the louver thingies are too dark.... I like the lighter shades of the first version.... I still will be getting this and the variants.

#51 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

I just hope that the plastic used is of better quality than previous DST ships, something more rigid that feels high quality. If not then these will all be going back and I'll be buying lego! ha

#52 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

awesome new video posted to facebook showcasing the lights and the sounds of the Klingon Bird of Prey! Click Here to View

#53 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

1701 Strikes again !!!! Holy $#!% is that sweeeeeet !!!!!

#54 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Im so looking forward to this ship, looks amazing even without all the paint apps.

#55 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (1701 @ Oct 17 2012, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im so looking forward to this ship, looks amazing even without all the paint apps.

I didn't expect it to have that many lights !! The speaker sounds really loud also !! So many great Chang lines !!

#56 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm literally squealing with joy about this!

Damn, that was AWESOME!

I was on there literally 5 minutes before this was uploaded, earlier today - I didn't check back til now!

*punches air*

EDIT:

The button is not where we expected it to be!

#57 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Oct 17 2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't expect it to have that many lights !!

I was only expecting the torpedo launcher and the engine (like the playmates BOP) really a pleasant surprise looking at that video. Although I was under the impression that the wings had motors in them, whilst click into place ones are certainly more convenient, why is the BOP a good

#58 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

More complicated assembly (just look at the veins on the warp drive heatsync shoulders! All those interlocking bits!), plus more expensive Chinese labour - versus 3 years ago.

The last part is the main one. The cost of labour in China has risen a lot due to the quality of life and wage improvements Chinese workers have been seeing over the last few years. This will be reflected in all DST's ships, including straight re-issues. The Enterprise-D will be around $70!

#59 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have heard that the increasing petroleum costs are having an effect on the toy market's prices for various reasons also..... I guess one big reason is that petrol is a primary ingredient in plastic.

I, for one, am not really surprised or deterred by the raising prices..... One thing is that the ships have gotten larger and more complex.... I think the Enterprise D is the most complex to date... and it is HUGE !!!! I am also surprised the AGT D was never higher than the regular D because it was way more complicated of a design with more plastic and lights !!! Now granted I am a big toy Starship addict and would probably sell half of my family just to get a few new ships ( Just kidding...Maybe not LOL) .... I seriously think overall the price increases are realistic for the new world we live in.

#60 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus)
Roll up, Roll up! Get your children here, come on, half-price children, special offer - buy two, get grandma free!

You make a good point, I keep forgetting about the petrol issue.

Addict, eh? That's just silly... *looks around the room at my 11 displayed electronic starships*... just... ha... silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users