New Trek Fanclub

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:58 AM

Dont know much about it yet but heres the site: http://www.startrekcountdown.com/ and heres a brief description http://trekmovie.com...-trek-fan-club/

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, I am not sure what exactly this will be about.

There will be no magazine attached as the one being produced is okay with them. So, will it be a store? Another way for Paramount/CBS to make some cash?

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

I belonged to the original Star Trek fan club way back in the 80's, back before the internet and basically all there was to the club WAS the magazine . There were things you could order through it and it was a way to get some addresses of mail order dealers so you could order catalogs usually by sending a SASE ( Self addresses stamped envelope, for you infants here that have never been without email). Back then there would have been no club without a magazine. I know the Star Wars fan club subscription no longer includes a magazine either, so maybe they feel that magazines are just to slow of a medium in this internet age. I assume the clubs want to concentrate on exclusive internet content and maybe exclusive products. I know i really enjoyed the magazines but magazines seem to be going to way of the dodo now.

#4 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

I still buy the Official Trek Magazine. But since it's Bi-Monthly now It's lost some of it's appeal. The news is no longer current. Some of it's interviews and analysis are quite interesting to read however. But I stuggle to see how it justifies it's

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:31 AM

I've held off joining but I think I'll prob give in. After awhile you just hate to place your name on one more list.

#6 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(DS9_Fan @ Aug 11 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still buy the Official Trek Magazine. But since it's Bi-Monthly now It's lost some of it's appeal. The news is no longer current. Some of it's interviews and analysis are quite interesting to read however. But I stuggle to see how it justifies it's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users