• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

So I just bought a lot on eBay that contained among others, a lwaxana Troi action figure that has an incorrect card with it. It's mib so this was obviously a production error. Does this mean its more valuable? I've seen many situations like this before but I haven't been able to find anything online about this particular error so how can I find out how much it's worth? Thanks for any help.

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

It really depends on who's buying. I like to collect them (errors) but to anyone that would open it, it is worth whatever the figure is worth.

http://www.trektoy.com/m.htm

http://www.trektoy.com/M_page_2.htm

#3 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

So if I wanted to sell it and get the most money, how would I go about it? I mean eBay is an option but how would I reach that one collector that wants the rare things??

#4 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Honestly, you prolly wont get more than 20 bucks for it in this economy. Errors like that popped up all the time and back in their prime didn't sell for all that much. FHC can tell ya about that ya know. If you think you hit like the Pot of Gold with it, that isn't the case. So at this point you might wanna just hang on to it. Bu Ebay would really be your only bet bud.

A number of years ago, I won a lot of 3 figures on Ebay, a Janeway figure with a Torres card, A Generations Beverly and a Limited to 3000 Projections Barclay for like 30 bucks. and Barclay himself was selling for like 100+ at the time. I mean those are for the Niche collector really.

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Put it on eBay for a month at the price you want out of it and see if someone bites. You can drop the price gradually if no nibbles come your way. If someone who collects these error cards has been looking for the this a long time, he might jump on it.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yeah but unless that is a KNOWN variation, where there were bunch made, nobody would really be hunting for that specific error ya know.

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Yeah but unless that is a KNOWN variation, where there were bunch made, nobody would really be hunting for that specific error ya know.

Thats true, but i have found lots of stuff on ebay i never knew existed until i put out a general search, like "Playmates, error cards" then it may come to someones attention. Its certainly worth a try. I had a Star Trek 2009 Steelbook bluray set that i listed on ebay. I planned to list at 100 dollars, bu i had a thought that i should put 150 dollars to see what kind of reaction i got. I got an offer for 130 dollars within 10 minutes and it sold for 150 dollars within an hour. You wont know until you try. Look and see if there are other identical items on ebay, you can gauge what you will get by what they sold for. You can look at past sales of the same item if any have sold recently.

#8 Hayesimus

Hayesimus

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. I may list it at a ridiculous price on eBay since its free to list right now. Then keep nudging it down. It'll be the only one on eBay so that's working in my favor. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users