• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Yeah... I updated my count as you were posting that... & added some more counts. smile.gif I also took 2 away from TNG and added to DS9 for Regent Worf and Soldiers of the Empire Worf.

#42 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been counting the figures...I'm curious...how many per grouping does everyone have? (I would exclude duplicates purchased for customs)

TOS: 25/48 - 53%
TNG: 37/41 - 90%
DS9: 13/14 - 92%
ENT: 11/14 - 78%
VOY: 0/1 - 0%

Now, I know compared to some collectors, my TOS is much smaller than most. But, when there are 14 Kirk's and 3 more on the way...there are only so many that one collector needs. That will change when I add to it Rand, Chapel, the Salt Vampire and Kang.

I would love to see more aliens, secondary characters, and some Voyager figures. How can we get them?

Here are the figures I didn't get:

TOS: All Mirror Main Characters (I did get Marlena), TWOK Kirk/Spock 2 pack, Amok Time Two Pack, Double Cross and "Khan" Kirk, Battle Damage Kirk, Any Kirk's with Chair, Kirk/Khan Two Pack, Any "WNMHGB" figures
TNG: Jacket Picard, Tapestry Picard, FC Picard, COC Data
DS9: Mirror Worf
ENT: Away Team Trip, T'Pol, Archer
VOY: Timeless LaForge

#43 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Oh...and I won't be getting any of the re-releases, the new Casual Kirk, the Short Sleeve McCoy, or the Spock/Kirk "Enterprise Incident" Two Pack.

#44 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

The only things I have not bought are the reissues since I am a loose collector as opposed to MOC. Obviously though Ive purchased many more for customs and the like.

#45 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

Well, if people are going to use my numbers for more calculations, here is another important detail. I only counted unique figures, not re-releases/repackagings/reissues. So for example, yellow shirt Kirk was only counted once, despite being released multiple ways (in an SDCC box, with a chair, with an electronic chair, in a reissue single pack, and in an upcoming reissue 2-pack). TMP Spock only counted once, despite appearing in two 2-packs. And so on.

As for me, I just got to 100% on all of them a few weeks ago.

#46 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

Don't get me wrong...if I had the money and space, I would probably have more...but I still would have passed on a number of the Kirk's/Spock's.

I also display Charmed, Buffy/Angel, and Battlestar Galactica. I'm contemplating putting some of my Playmates Star Trek (4.5") out as well if I can...so I have some characters out I doubt I'll ever see from AA/DST.

#47 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

So far, I have 2 from TNG, 4 from TOS (2 WoK). I'm working on getting several more from TNG and DS9, and eventually I'll get more TOS.

#48 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

I am missing 1 TNG and 1 DS9 and quite a few TOS, but that is because I was trying to complete my TNG Collection first, then go back and get the TOS stuff I missed

If ANYONE has an Extra MOC Barclay or Ezri PM me PLZ!

#49 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hey all,

Being a completist as well as a gotta-get-em-all collector, I have everything released by AA/DST including all the majoy packaging variations (bagged & carded Gowron, boxed & carded Phlox, bagged & carded Marlena, Avon TOS boxset etc.) Also the re-packs I either have or they are on their way (thanks The HSBR.) And let's not forget the MiniMates.

I also have at leasy 20 custom figures and at least 30 custom MiniMates that I will put up at some point.

The only things I don't have (at the moment) are all the Phaser variations, the Tricorders and the 2 off Enterprise-D's. There's also the life=size chair but I can't afford / have space for it.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#50 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

I can understand not wanting anymore Kirks and Spocks because there have been so many already, but I think that Wave 5 Kirk and Enterprise Incident Spock are worth buying, even if you have other Kirks and Spocks. They have better face sculpts than any released so far. That's why I don't have a Kirk or Spock yet...I'm waiting for those two releases. I don't understand this completist compulsion to collect entire lines just to have everything. It's especially dangerous with AA/DST as they tend to leave their crew releases incomplete, ignoring the secondary (but still important) characters. It's like when people buy every season of a show on DVD just to have them all. I just buy the seasons I like and the same with figures. I just bought my favourite characters (except Q, because I don't like his sculpt), so I only have:

- Season 1 Captain Picard
- First Contact Data
- "Trials and Tribble-Ations" Jadzia Dax (regular Jadzia's sculpt isn't as good)
- Wave 1 Dr. McCoy
- and Wave 1 Khan.

Also, I unfortunately couldn't resist buying two other Picards (I just like the First Contact Vest and Captain's Jacket outfits too much). Once I get Kirk and Spock, I consider my collection complete because I've got all my favourite characters (again, except Q) and I really have no reason to ever buy another AA/DST figure, unless they do a Guinan or Weyoun, which are not bloody likely, to say the least. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users