#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

QMx has some good stuff. 

http://news.toyark.c...-display-242285

McCoy of course and a TNG Data, and new Picard shots that look great. Sulu and Scotty are also joining the TOS lineup. 

They also showed Kelvin Kirk and TMP era Kirk and Spock. 

Looks like we're getting Jayne from Firefly too. 

The Falcon cutaway looks amazing, depending on its price I may have to pick one up. 

Mezco showed McCoy, I don't know if that's new info or not. 

http://news.toyark.c...llective-241815

New LEGO Star Wars, some interesting new sets but nothing I'm super excited for. 

http://news.toyark.c...-display-241058

Looks like we're getting some retro packaged figures for Star Wars 40th. I don't know if there is any different between them, and the normal 6" black series figures other than the packaging. 

Qui-Gon and Hera black series figures! For sure getting Hera. 

Also getting a couple statue things called centerpieces with Vader and storm troopers, and Luke with snow troopers. The Vader one interests me depending on price. 

http://news.toyark.c...tar-wars-242587

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

That Beyond Kirk is a must have for me. I just got my QMX McCoy today. I'll put pics of it up soon. So far I'm seeing some great stuff that I am definitely going to be saving pennies for.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

It'd be pretty cool if QMx ended up giving us a full bridge crew for both TOS and the Kelvin films. 

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

It'd be pretty cool if QMx ended up giving us a full bridge crew for both TOS and the Kelvin films.

Yes it would but since I don't plan on doing complete crews I will be happy if I get my favorites. Lol. Scotty will finish my TOS display for me. From the Kelvin stuff I will be happy with Kirk and maybe Spock and McCoy. Although a Chekhov in the "away" uniform would be pretty cool too.
I'm liking the looks of the TNG stuff and really hope they sell well enough to get us a few of the big guns from the other shows.

#5 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

Beyond Kirk looks awesome, picking him up when he's out.

#6 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

It looks like they did a better job on the faces of Data And Picard. Last year they weren't as good. Worf last year was God awful. Makes me wonder if he's being retooled being he's not being shown.

#7 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

Picard has the wrong phaser.

#8 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

No mini ships this year? Perhaps cancelled then?

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

So DST says they have something Trek, but photos aren't allowed and it's pending approval.

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:06 AM

No photos has never stopped the big toy news sites before. The fact is that DST just aren't relevant enough anymore to warrant attention over the other companies. Every year you have to dig harder and harder to find the DST stuff from toy fair. This year they just don't seem to be on the radar. Sad really. Maybe something will show today.

#11 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

We should be seeing some DST stuff today, in the past news posts about them show up on day 2.

Hopefully we get a glimps of whatever Zach is talking about, or a full picture gets taken like with the RBoP.

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

So Toyark has posted a couple DST articles, and has now moved onto Macfarlane Toys.

No Trek items in any of the articles, so they must have a single Trek item that can't be photographed, or they will throw another DST article up later which I doubt.

#13 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Gutting. :(

#14 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:26 AM

I've tried to remain supportive of DST.

But con after con they have less and less Star Trek, and now it's down to 1 item that they can't even show? Seriously?

I remember getting excited about the Toy Fairs and Comic Cons just because we'd be seeing some new, cool stuff from DST.

Now I just don't care about them anymore, I actually expect disappointment.

I get far more excited from what I might see from QMx now, or NECAs Heroes of the Storm and Godzilla figures.

QMx is making a light up Planet Express Ship for gods sake! I never would have expected that.

DST just feels like a waste of time now.

#15 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'll probably be getting that 1:6 Data & Picard...  Maybe the movie-era Kirk/Spock...prob not though.

DST has some cool gimmicks these days -- now and then -- like their Ghostbusters diorama...and some properties we can't get anything else for at the moment figure-wise like X-Files, Muppets, and now apparently Pulp Fiction.  So I can't ignore them entirely - I do buy their products.  And if they ever come out with any of those TNG prop vaporwares, I'll be down.  But at the end of the day the quality of their products just isn't there anymore when compared with most everything else.  Paint easily flakes right off their X-Files figure extra hands if you breathe on them (and by extension I assume it will wear off the rest of the figures too)...the GB figures are pretty delicate and hard to work with as well.  They use ultra low quality stickers for things that shouldn't be stickers and they fall right off out of the package.  Even their ships...I wish I could un-buy them all and start fresh with EM deluxe.  Light-up and sounds are not a buying factor for me, though I do appreciate lights.  I would much rather they give up and we see someone else do better work.  I don't know why nobody else here really seems to be bothered by these quality issues or vocalize it as much...do many of you guys not buy anything else to compare to?  Instead, everyone is disappointed and hoping for some revival miracle...I no longer want a DST revival, I want them out of the picture on Trek.

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

I'll probably be getting that 1:6 Data & Picard...  Maybe the movie-era Kirk/Spock...prob not though.

DST has some cool gimmicks these days -- now and then -- like their Ghostbusters diorama...and some properties we can't get anything else for at the moment figure-wise like X-Files, Muppets, and now apparently Pulp Fiction.  So I can't ignore them entirely - I do buy their products.  And if they ever come out with any of those TNG prop vaporwares, I'll be down.  But at the end of the day the quality of their products just isn't there anymore when compared with most everything else.  Paint easily flakes right off their X-Files figure extra hands if you breathe on them (and by extension I assume it will wear off the rest of the figures too)...the GB figures are pretty delicate and hard to work with as well.  They use ultra low quality stickers for things that shouldn't be stickers and they fall right off out of the package.  Even their ships...I wish I could un-buy them all and start fresh with EM deluxe.  Light-up and sounds are not a buying factor for me, though I do appreciate lights.  I would much rather they give up and we see someone else do better work.  I don't know why nobody else here really seems to be bothered by these quality issues or vocalize it as much...do many of you guys not buy anything else to compare to?  Instead, everyone is disappointed and hoping for some revival miracle...I no longer want a DST revival, I want them out of the picture on Trek.

I agree. I want someone else to get the license that they have. At the snails pace that they release stuff for Star Trek it is almost like they don't have it anyway. With QMX, Mezco and Eaglemoss, I'm pretty good with Star Trek products coming out.

#17 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

I gave up with DST a very long time ago... the only thing I'm wondering though is that this one product they have on show is the USS Discovery... that might peak my interest.

#18 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

TNI put up pics from the DST showroom. Not one thing from Star Trek, not even old stuff.

#19 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Wasn't TNI the ones who posted the BoP and took it down? Probably had to be more careful this time.

Everyone knows the best kind of marketing is not allowing your product to be photographed and shown to anyone.

#20 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

They had 2 Trek items.

The Reliant and a Borg Select figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users