Photo

Ask DST #277: The Star Trek Mission Continues!

Reliant

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

A new Ask DST has just been posted:

http://www.artasylum...sion-continues/

Now this one reply by DSTChuck got me thinking:

"The only thing I am sure about, with the new ship we announce, is that some fans will be very upset with the choice."

That actually kinda speaks against the Reliant, as this seems to be a very popular ship(among the Enterprise-C, Voyager and Defiant, which have been denied a couple of times by now), which most fans would be pleased with.

So until I read that, I was 99% sure it'll be the Reliant, as all the other Federation ships either have been denied or are simply not an option, in my opinion at least.

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

What else could it be? I mean... they are only doing big ships... they wont do offshoots, or obscure ones, it has to be either the C, Voyager, Defiant, or Reliant... Unless Jay K is right.... and its the Grissom.... but that doesn't fit their MO. there has also  been no interest in that ship in any of their AskDSTs, and I doubt whatever other sources they use would make them think the Grissom is a bigger sell then the others. 

I don't like this answer that the TNG Tricorder is unlikely. 

This also intrigued me: When we re-did the A there was some miscommunication with our factory that we were not able to fix in time before all the electronics were done.

#3 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

"The only thing I am sure about, with the new ship we announce, is that some fans will be very upset with the choice."

JJ Abrams USS Enterprise???

I've read a few of these Ask DST's and their response to questions relating to JJ Abrams Star Trek has definitely changed in both this AskDST and the one before...

#4 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

I'd like to see an Abrams Enterprise being done by DST, as the Playmates version is nice but nothing special (and too small). But DST said over and over again they don't have the rights on the "New Abrams Trek". Maybe they have finally acquired those rights in order of the 50th Star Trek anniversary next year, who knows. But the JJ-Prise would definitely p*ss off a whole lot of fans.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

JJ Abrams USS Enterprise???

I've read a few of these Ask DST's and their response to questions relating to JJ Abrams Star Trek has definitely changed in both this AskDST and the one before...

They said in this AskDST that they are interested, like usual, but they still don't have the rights. 

#6 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

C'mon guys,they can deny all they want,does NOT mean they're not doing it. You know people lie,right? I remember a few people who lied before the last movie came out,saying it's NOT Khan. We all saw how that went. So of course DST will deny everything,I bet the ship has been mentioned quite a few times already,and denied. Plain and simple. lol.

J-R!

#7 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

Really, really confusing. Defiant, Voyager, Enterprise-C, Reliant, and JJ-Enterprise - all ships that would be overwhelmingly appreciated. What about variants, made with existing parts? Nebula class - an odd choice, but I'd love one, and I feel most people wouldn't be upset with that?

So where does that leave us? Assuming the 'fans upset' comment wasn't a reference to the R-BoP (same as Zach said a while ago), then this is a Federation ship that fans are (generally) going to be upset with. I can't think of an answer, other than an original series Constitution with a different name - but that wouldn't be a 'new' ship. 50th anniversary of the original series is next year though. :/

Any Federation ship, shuttle or runabout from the movies or TNG+, would be welcomed and loved here (as far as I can think...).

Let's not pretend though, we all wish they would just take the next big four (Reliant, Defiant, Voyager and Enterprise-C), pick an order of release, and do them. I know I certainly do. :(

EDIT: I'm not much for betting, but if I had to guess, I'd say the next ship might be the Botany Bay - as it's the 50th anniversary. It's not 'Federation', but as they're making the Romulan Bird of Prey and re-releasing the original Enterprise, that's now my bet.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

I really hope Zach can shed some light on whether he is referencing the RBoP, or the new Federation ship. Because Like you Jay K, I don't know of any federation ship that appeared on screen that people would be horribly upset about, and would sell enough to justify making it. 

EDIT: I'm not much for betting, but if I had to guess, I'd say the next ship might be the Botany Bay - as it's the 50th anniversary. It's not 'Federation', but as they're making the Romulan Bird of Prey and re-releasing the original Enterprise, that's now my bet.

*Sigh* I like the Grissom idea more. 

#9 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

So do I (even though I was joking about that), but this seems plausible due to them having picked the Romulan Bird of Prey to begin with. The only 'lie' would've been it being a Federation ship.

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

Well I have a feeling they're lying,and that the ship has been mentioned numerous times here already,lol. And IT being a Federation ship? Maybe in an alternate universe,lol.

#11 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Instead of feeding us info that they think could possibly be bad then would it not be better to just give us the facts?

#12 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

I still don't understand them not just saying what it is (the ship's been selected and is being worked on - how's that different from Eaglemoss announcing ships coming next year?), but there you go.

Robster, I assume you're suggesting a mirror-universe ship? If it's a repaint of a ship currently made, that wouldn't be a 'new' ship - but I do agree with you. TOS Defiant that glows in the dark, or the Botany Bay are my guesses.

#13 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

Didn't it take like 2 years after they showed the A rerelease for it to actually come out? Are the new ships that far away from launch? If not, why not show them both, or tell us what they are?

I'm sure they have their reasons why, but I have no idea what they are, or understand why it would be so bad to release the information. 

#14 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

C'mon Defiant! *fingers crossed*

#15 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

I'm still placing my bets on the new current USS Enterprise from the JJ Abrams movies since that will sell well but most fans would be annoyed about it coming before ships like the defiant, reliant and the C

#16 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

I'd be thrilled with the JJPrise, love the ship and want a good size, nice version of her. 

I think i'm gonna roll with the Worker Bee being next, its very iconic and seen all over the place in Trek. 

#17 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

I thought he was referencing the Romulan BoP, which hasn't been officially "announced" yet right? I would LOVE a DST 2009 Enterprise.

#18 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

I thought he was referencing the Romulan BoP, which hasn't been officially "announced" yet right? I would LOVE a DST 2009 Enterprise.

Its tough to say for sure, other questions he openly talked about the RBoP, this question was talking about both the federation and the alien ship so who knows.

#19 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'm glad someone brought up TOS Chapel and Rand again. They have the sculpts! Put them in 2-packs with special Kirk and Spock or anything! lol

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

You know... I had a thought... What if they really are working on the JJprise.. Think about it... Many people don't like it and perhaps the reason they only showed off the R-BOP is that DST is still in negotiations with CBS. I mean why all the unusual secrecy and cloak and dagger with the "Federation Ship"?? It kinda all makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users