• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

I doubt they'll ever do a regular Marlena, since didn't Chuck recently say that he doubts they'd reissue the Mirror version (I think someone asked in regards to the Toys reissues coming up).

#22 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

I suppose so, although that could be more a case with them not wanting to rerelease a previous exclusive. It could be different for a normal version and simply rely on a proper reasoning for her need.

#23 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

I don't remember how she looked (her uniform).. would it be possibly to do a head swap with upcoming female figures?

#24 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

For the body, it'd only require a repaint using the Uhura body, but her normal-universe self had a beehive hairdo like Rand's so that would have to be new.

Regarding the chair, anybody know if the tall backrest version appeared in any other episodes?

#25 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

Yeah it was in The Ultimate Computer....I forgoet the Ship's name but when the Enterprise is attacking the Comodore's ship he has the large backrest too.

#26 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jun 30 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it was in The Ultimate Computer....I forgoet the Ship's name but when the Enterprise is attacking the Comodore's ship he has the large backrest too.

Potempkin? I might be wrong though , I'll have to go look it up .

#27 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

Commodore Robert Wesley commanded the U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 which reused the high-backed captain's chair from "Mirror, Mirror"

#28 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

That's it =)

#29 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jun 30 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched the ep on CBS recently and although he's not on the bridge very often, he does sit in the chair right after they get into the Mirror universe. They leave the transporter room and realize something isn't right, but decide to retain a normal appearance and go to their appropriate stations. Kirk sits in the chair for several minutes afterwards as Sulu and co. set up an attack on the alien planet below. Which reminds me, they should also make a normal version of Marlena from the end of the ep.

Commodore Wesley actually seems to have used the high-back chair longer than Kirk did.

Hey all,

Here you go with a picture:-

Take care,
Matty-lad

#30 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

This is at least something new. The electronic chair was a fleecing of collectors who previously bought the regular version. The Mirror episode has a cult like following and has spawned not only more episodes in both DS9 and ENT but also an entire line of books/comics as well. This isnt taking shelf space away from any other items. We can sit here and fantasize about getting figures with all new sculpts but the fact of the matter is DST is being very conservative with what it releases. Kirk sells and Mirror stuff is pretty cool especially when its a something that can be done pretty easily. To insinuate that this is taking a spot away from another "better" product is just silly. It would be like saying that the AGT Ent took a spot away from the Defiant. To me this is a pretty cool collectible that is new and different and is something I thought I would never see made.

#31 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (reverie @ Jun 30 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember how she looked (her uniform).. would it be possibly to do a head swap with upcoming female figures?

Hey all,

Here's a picture for you:-

Take care,
Matty-lad

#32 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ Jun 30 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

Here's a picture for you:-

Take care,
Matty-lad

I met the actress who played her at the 2007 Las Vegas Star Trek Convention , she was signing pictures and talking to fans in the dealer's room . She is a sweet lady and still has her looks and talent .

#33 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

How does she keep her head balanced with all that hair? wink.gif I would love a figure of Marlena in Starfleet uniform.

#34 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Hermey the Elf @ Jun 30 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does she keep her head balanced with all that hair? wink.gif I would love a figure of Marlena in Starfleet uniform.

Daily neck exercises? LOL

#35 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

Fun Fact! Barbara Luna also played a recurring guest role on "Buck Rogers In the 25th Century"!

#36 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Hermey the Elf @ Jul 1 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey all,

I know it's not going to be totally screen acurate but I plan on doing a head swap of Mirror Marlena (if I can track one down) and Chapal.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#37 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ Jul 1 2009, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all,

I know it's not going to be totally screen acurate but I plan on doing a head swap of Mirror Marlena (if I can track one down) and Chapal.

Take care,
Matty-lad

Can't wait to see this, make sure to post pics.

#38 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

I hate to admit it, but DST might get me to buy one more Kirk figure from them. (I've admittedly be resisting most offerings as of late, but as we all know, resistance is futile.) What kills me is that we could've had Mirror Kirk+Chair alongside Sisko+Chair, and for some reason DST has dropped Sisko+Chair, and it's really aggravating me. Won't they at least consider a 1701 release for that chair? I mean, I get it, Kirk+Chair, no matter how many times its reissued will sell--ditto for Picard/Riker+chair, and I'm pretty sure Sisko+Chair would've sold too which is why I'm a bit aggravated now.

The Mirror Kirk+Chair got me to thinking--is there any chance we could see a Mirror Worf+Chair from "The Emperor's New Cloak" episode of DS9 with the MU Defiant? I mean, it'd give us two Mirror Universe chairs, and then DST could repackage the Defiant Chair and release Sisko+Chair as initially planned. I know I'm going to be hit with Klingon pain sticks for suggesting another variant of a chair that might not see the light of day, but it's just something I thought of...while looking at the potentially canceled Sisko+Chair and DST's more-than-likely-to-be-released Mirror Kirk+Chair.

#39 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

I think the best case scenario is they delay the "Mirror Mirror" Kirk and chair, so they can give us one with the new wave 5 Kirk face sculpt. Continuing to use the old one after a better one was created is just a waste of material. For some reason, however, it doesn't seem to be stopping them from using the old inferior Kirk for the exclusive Amazon.com "Trouble with Tribbles" Chair + figure supposedly coming out this month. blink.gif

#40 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

They said once TOS Wave 5 is released they will start using the new Kirk Head sculpt....but I think in their minds that is something that is a big plus and is going to drive the sales up for Wave 5, which is kinda lame if Chapel and Rand can't do that themselves ya know. But think of that head as being launced with wave 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users