69 replies to this topic

#41 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jul 2 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would they need two saucer sections? And, if they bought an extra ship just to break off the nacelle, they already got a feee saucer section, the one that came with the ship they bought to break off the nacelle. Then you'd have three saucers, only one of which has a stardrive section to go with it. Not to mention postage. It would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy the extra ships you would need to get the saucers. I guess you could use them for customs, but you'd have a lot of custom ships with no nacelles.

3? You must be assuming I meant a person who bought 2 ships to begin with. I'm just talking about any old run of the mill swindler, who buys one good ship knowing it is good and with intent to swindle DST by exploiting this alleged replacement program. He buys the good ship, he sends in its nacelles, he gets a replacement. Now he has 2 ships minus one pair of nacelles. I can think of all kinds of reasons why a less-than-noble person might *want* the extra parts -- as you said, customs. The saucer is kind of a standalone toy, anyway.

As you say, the question for the swindler would be, is it cheaper to buy another $40-50 ship to get the desired extra parts, or to swindle DST? That depends on the cost of this alleged replacement process. Sending in the nacelles would cost a few bucks at most. If DST makes you pay for shipping for the new one, that could be $10-15 or so... So swindlers can essentially buy a nacelle-less ship for $15-20, at great cost to DST as they made no income at all from it.

At least if they made us send in the saucer only, that would still be cheaper for us than mailing them the whole ship (it's pretty light) and they could at least verify that the audio distortion is present so they would know we were a person with a genuinely defective product, and not just a swindler.

#42 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

hey just thought of something!! did anyone try to use the rest dot on the ship for the sound problems? i was readiong the instruction sheet it just came to me.

#43 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (LT CMDR DATA @ Jul 2 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey just thought of something!! did anyone try to use the rest dot on the ship for the sound problems? i was readiong the instruction sheet it just came to me.

That's the pin-sized hole next to the bridge dome, right? I tried that. No luck.

#44 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Jul 2 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3? You must be assuming I meant a person who bought 2 ships to begin with. I'm just talking about any old run of the mill swindler, who buys one good ship knowing it is good and with intent to swindle DST by exploiting this alleged replacement program. He buys the good ship, he sends in its nacelles, he gets a replacement. Now he has 2 ships minus one pair of nacelles. I can think of all kinds of reasons why a less-than-noble person might *want* the extra parts -- as you said, customs. The saucer is kind of a standalone toy, anyway.

As you say, the question for the swindler would be, is it cheaper to buy another $40-50 ship to get the desired extra parts, or to swindle DST? That depends on the cost of this alleged replacement process. Sending in the nacelles would cost a few bucks at most. If DST makes you pay for shipping for the new one, that could be $10-15 or so... So swindlers can essentially buy a nacelle-less ship for $15-20, at great cost to DST as they made no income at all from it.

At least if they made us send in the saucer only, that would still be cheaper for us than mailing them the whole ship (it's pretty light) and they could at least verify that the audio distortion is present so they would know we were a person with a genuinely defective product, and not just a swindler.

So they would spend $70 total for two saucers and no stardrive section? Sure, it would be a scam, but not a good one.

#45 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

Heres a novel idea....Contact DST yourself to gather more info! Im assuming everyone has access to a phone and call on their own to get the information they desire. I know in the past when Ive had a broken figure (specifically the arm), DST told me just to send the arm back and they sent me a whole new figure. Now I have a Daniel Jackson that only has one arm but DST would probably just throw it away anyway. Ladies and gentlemen lets all think before we start wildly posting on here. If you dont want to take a persons advice then dont. I hate it when people start pressing others for more info. Take what you have and do the research yourself.

#46 CaptBrando

CaptBrando

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

I bought 2 All Good Things... versions and the audio on one of them was really badly garbled. Also on the other one the switch for the lights on mode was screwy. The problem was the sounds would cycle through but the lights would stay on as opposed to flickering with the dialogue.And the lights on mode would only work in the try me mode. I had to use the saucer of the good one and the battle section of the one with messed up audio to make one really good one.

On the other hand I have only received one of the two normal D's I pre-ordered and it was perfect. the other I got from diamond select directly will arrive on monday.

#47 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

1. How many of either ship did you buy? 1 of each.
2. How many have an audio problem? 1. The AGT version has one phrase where Ryker sounds more like Worf.
3. Roughly when did you receive them? Got the AGT version about a month ago, E-D was received 3 days ago.
4. From whom did you purchase them? I got the AGT version from AFX and the E-D from NFC.

#48 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jul 3 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres a novel idea....Contact DST yourself to gather more info! Im assuming everyone has access to a phone and call on their own to get the information they desire. I know in the past when Ive had a broken figure (specifically the arm), DST told me just to send the arm back and they sent me a whole new figure. Now I have a Daniel Jackson that only has one arm but DST would probably just throw it away anyway. Ladies and gentlemen lets all think before we start wildly posting on here. If you dont want to take a persons advice then dont. I hate it when people start pressing others for more info. Take what you have and do the research yourself.

I agree..the information to contact DST is in this thread. What more do people need?

#49 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Jul 3 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree..the information to contact DST is in this thread. What more do people need?

oh, I don't know .... a response from DST would be nice.

#50 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Jul 3 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh, I don't know .... a response from DST would be nice.

Have you actually TRIED to contact them? If so, did you do so in a civil manner or did you insult them. They tend NOT to respond to the people who cannot be civil. I had a borkem Cam Mitchell from wave 3 of Stargate, emailed them and they sent me a replacement after I sent in the broken arm within two weeks. Problem solved.

#51 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

If you aren't getting a response from DST, the you might want to go back and review how you sent your request wink.gif Also keep in mind that it is a holiday weekend and that they are a small company. Which means they won't always get back to you in a timely manner. Not to mention, if you sent them several messages over a short period of time :rollseyes: Give it a little more time before hitting the red alert. Then ask yourself, "How would Kirk (insert your favorite captains name here) handle the situation?".

#52 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

1. 1 E-D, 1 AGT E-D
2. None
3. Today (July 3)
4. Both from NFC
Didn't have any problems with the Tricorder either.
Alex

#53 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

yes .. two emails and a voicemail. Very civil. I just think they are swamped right now. My last email requested delivery confirmation and read receipt. I never got anything back. That usually indicates an overloaded email system. I agree that we need to be patient. It is just hard sometimes not to just let it all hang out on a message board when you get frustrated. sad.gif

I know they are working hard. In fact, my Ent-D shipped today! And I am very grateful that they support us Star Trek fans with excellent products. I will keep buying them as long as they make this stuff.

As to how Kirk would handle it ... I don't know, probably seduce their front office sectretary then confuse their computer until it shipped free figures to all TrekToy forum members. How's that? cool.gif

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Jul 3 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you actually TRIED to contact them? If so, did you do so in a civil manner or did you insult them. They tend NOT to respond to the people who cannot be civil. I had a borkem Cam Mitchell from wave 3 of Stargate, emailed them and they sent me a replacement after I sent in the broken arm within two weeks. Problem solved.

#54 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Agreed, or blast their butts back to the Neutral Zone CanOpener laugh.gif Thanks for bringing some humor to a difficult situation wink.gif Patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to collecting, unfortunately it's not always a easy adage to live by tongue.gif From what you've said, I get the feeling it's like calling a help desk: "Thank you for calling, a representative will be with you shortly and your call will be answered in the order it was received".

#55 Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE ('E' @ Jul 1 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can get them here for $6.85 for a ten pack or $13.70 for twenty. Looks like free shipping, too.

http://www.batterybo...CFR0SagodlVq9Pg

Hey everyone, I don

#56 jk19

jk19

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:25 AM

1. How many of either ship did you buy? 8 Enterprise D, 4 AGT Enterprise D
2. How many have an audio problem? 2 Enterprise D with audio problem, 1 Enterprise D with audio and light problem (not working) dry.gif
3. Roughly when did you receive them? Received 6/30 (Didn't get to open them until today).
4. From whom did you purchase them? I got them from NFC.

-jk19

#57 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Jul 3 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes .. two emails and a voicemail. Very civil. I just think they are swamped right now. My last email requested delivery confirmation and read receipt. I never got anything back. That usually indicates an overloaded email system. I agree that we need to be patient. It is just hard sometimes not to just let it all hang out on a message board when you get frustrated. sad.gif

I know they are working hard. In fact, my Ent-D shipped today! And I am very grateful that they support us Star Trek fans with excellent products. I will keep buying them as long as they make this stuff.

As to how Kirk would handle it ... I don't know, probably seduce their front office sectretary then confuse their computer until it shipped free figures to all TrekToy forum members. How's that? cool.gif

They havent been responding to email so contacting them by phone is the best way to get them. I would also try calling at different times of the day to make sure you are getting them when in the office.

#58 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

I've tried calling them and talk to this Chris Meyers fellow, but he's never at his desk and never returns phone calls. And before anyone asks, I never left an angry message.

#59 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Well, I've had a bit of a night and day experience with the Enterprise-D. I ordered the AGT Enterprise from Action Figure Express, and was amazed at how intricate and beautiful this toy was. The paint was superb, the lighting was perfect, and the detailing was fantastic. This toy truly exceeded all expectations. Then I got my standard Version Enterprise-D that I had pre-ordered eons ago at my local comic shop. I must say that this was quite a different experience altogether. Sadly, the paint was sloppy, the ship suffered from the "low and slow" defective sound card, and several pins in the saucer / neck section were broken or missing altogether. This caused the lighting to intermit (the bussard collectors do not light half of the time, while the blue sections on the nacelles do, and sometimes the saucer detach sound effect does not work. This ship was very disappointing, especially when I know that they are capable of true greatness (i.e the AGT E-D).
I contacted DST via email, and explained my frustrations, and attached a pic of the damaged pins. The gentleman was quite pleasant, and offered to replace my ship so long as I detached a nacelle and sent it to them. I must say, there is something very wrong feeling about disassembling the engine, and then cutting the wires, but the deed is done, and she is on her way home to DST. Hopefully, I'll have a shiny new Ent-D, that works!

Also, anyone else notice that they painted the bridge dome black on the standard Enterprise-D, and left it clear on the AGT? It seems so odd to me since it is such an effective feature to have light piped through the bridge dome. That was another problem with my standard D. The bridge was too lightly painted, and the entire piece glowed when pressed.

We'll see how it goes from here, but so far I am quite pleased with DST's customer service.

TKO the OAD

#60 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Holy CRAP!! It's OAD, how the heck are you man? Good to see you in a forum again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users