69 replies to this topic

#21 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Jul 1 2009, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know how much 3 LR44 batteries cost? My Enterprise - D hasn't arrived yet , if it does and it has audio problems , i'd like to know how much i'll need to spend to get it sounding like it should .

They'll probably run you somewhere around $30 for a set of three. tongue.gif j/k I don't know the exact price, but when I have bought packs of three watch-sized batteries for other toys at Target, I think they were around $6. BTW, please independently confirm the battery size from the instruction sheet--I got the LR44 number off of a review on youtube.

#22 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Jun 30 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know how much 3 LR44 batteries cost? My Enterprise - D hasn't arrived yet , if it does and it has audio problems , i'd like to know how much i'll need to spend to get it sounding like it should .

You can get them here for $6.85 for a ten pack or $13.70 for twenty. Looks like free shipping, too.

http://www.batterybo...CFR0SagodlVq9Pg

#23 tanda1701

tanda1701

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

1. 8 "D"    6 "AGT"

2. 2 "D"    2 "AGT"

3. June 30th

4. Newforce

#24 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (tanda1701 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. 8 "D" 6 "AGT"

2. 2 "D" 2 "AGT"

3. June 30th

4. Newforce

8 Ds and 6 AGTs?? Let's all go party at tanda1701's house! djparty.gif

#25 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

1. Enterprise - D

2. Yes , same audio difficulties , will be going out to buy some batteries when it's cooler out (And the Saucer Batteries are LR44s)

3. July 1

4. New Force Comics

#26 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

Replacing the LR44's does no good. In fact, the audio is not powered by these batteries at all when the saucer is connected. Replacing the AAA's does no good either. I can now state this with absolute certainty. If some report that replacing batteries fixed their problem, then they had a different problem.

Last night, I bought a 3-pack of LR44's at Wal-Mart for $4.37 +tax. This morning, I opened up my problematic ship and first, without removing the ties, I removed the saucer batteries. Then, I pushed the button. The audio still worked with no LR44's in. At that point I pretty much knew I was screwed, but I decided to remove the ship from the box entirely and try replacing the AAA's anyway. As I expected, no luck there. At least I can return the LR44's since there was no need to open them.

I can say that the worst phrases, IMO, with the distortion are the "We have to make sure that history never forgets..." and the "Energize". The rest are still noticeably off, but at least sound like Patrick Stewart could have said them if he was speaking just a bit lower on purpose.

The only hope we seem to have is that our ships will magically fix themselves with use as Prometheus has described (though part of me wonders if his brain didn't just recalibrate itself to thinking that is actually how Picard sounded... wink.gif). That, or someone with the right tools/skills decides to open it up and see if there's any fix we can make ourselves. Otherwise we will have to decide if we want to seek help from DST or our retailer, or just accept slow-motion Picard.

I think I'll write DST customer service and see what they say. Will post the reply if/when I get it.

#27 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

People that have the audio problem can send the ships nacelles to the following address for a replacement
ship...

Diamond Select Toys
ATTN: Returns
1966 Greenspring Drive, Suite 300
Timonium, MD 21093

#28 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Whirlygig, sorry that didn't fix your problem and hope DST steps up to the plate and fixes their defective products. I'm worried that if they attempt to fix everyone's and if the problem is as widespread as we think it is, they might stop making big, complex toys, or even go out of business altogether. Quite a dilemma for DST and fans.

#29 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People that have the audio problem can send the ships nacelles to the following address for a replacement
ship...

Diamond Select Toys
ATTN: Returns
1966 Greenspring Drive, Suite 300
Timonium, MD 21093

What do the ship's nacelles have to do with anything? Is this an official announcement from DST? Are you a DST representative? The nacelles just pop off? More info, please!

#30 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ship...

Hmm. Thanks for the info...two questions:

First, what do you mean by "the ship's nacelles"? Is that the whole stardrive portion, or do you mean we should actually remove just the nacelles?

Second, the audio circuit is completely in the saucer (this is obvious since the sounds still play from it when it is detached). If they can't verify the defective audio, how will they know people aren't just swindling them out of free ships?

I just sent my customer service request to them. I'll wait for a reply before I tear anything apart... blink.gif

#31 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

No I am not a rep from DST just someone trying to help out. I would guess that you need to send the nacelles so people dont just try and get a bunch of free ships. Believe it or not there are some shady people in the world that would do something like that. The information came from a rep at DST. How you remove the nacelles is up to you.

#32 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I am not a rep from DST just someone trying to help out. I would guess that you need to send the nacelles so people dont just try and get a bunch of free ships. Believe it or not there are some shady people in the world that would do something like that. The information came from a rep at DST. How you remove the nacelles is up to you.

Thanks for trying to help those out with a defective product, but understand more info is needed. Was this return info from DST specific to the 1701-D or an earlier ship?

#33 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Hermey the Elf @ Jul 2 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for trying to help those out with a defective product, but understand more info is needed. Was this return info from DST specific to the 1701-D or an earlier ship?

Is more info needed just to satisfy your own curiosity? people have been complaining about this problem since the first one was received and I am now letting you know what needs to be done to fix it. So do it and be happy there is a solution. As far as I know this solution is specific to this problem.

#34 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Believe it or not there are some shady people in the world that would do something like that.

Well there are also probably people who would send in the nacelles from a good ship, so they can get a free extra saucer section.

I think Hermey's point is your instructions lack sufficient detail to motivate most of us to hack away at our ships and send their nacelles off into mail oblivion without being absolutely sure DST will honor this and without knowing what other charges we might incur (is the replacement free -- including shipping?)... It might help if you could copy and paste exactly what they said instead of paraphrasing, but I wouldn't be surprised if their original words also lacked the missing details.

#35 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is more info needed just to satisfy your own curiosity? people have been complaining about this problem since the first one was received and I am now letting you know what needs to be done to fix it. So do it and be happy there is a solution. As far as I know this solution is specific to this problem.

How do you know this solution is specific to this problem? You're telling people to destroy their 1701-D toys and return the nacelles to DST. Before anyone should do that, they need to know whether this is a specific return offer from DST on the 1701-D. So far you have posted unclear info whether this is a specific offer from DST to accept returns on defective 1701-Ds.

#36 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

WOW. Man you really need to switch to decaf. I knew someone would be a pain in my rear when I posted this and should have just kept my mouth shut. It doesn't pay to try and help certain people out here any more. I did say that it came from a DST rep and I that it was specific to this problem. If you don't want to do it then don't do it. I could care less if you get a decent sounding ship. Stop being a pest about it. I gave the info I have from DST. That is all I have and now I am sorry for posting it.

For me the matter is closed. I am happy with my ship and don't plan to sit and cry because the voices aren't perfect. Aside from the couple of times I press the button when I get it out of the box I don't sit and play with it anyway LOL.

#37 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

JMW326, I'm not trying to get all up in your koolaid over this, so take 'er down a notch. Your initial posts were vague and this forum is a family and I don't want a Trek brother making a mistake based on incomplete info. Live Long and Prosper.

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW. Man you really need to switch to decaf. I knew someone would be a pain in my rear when I posted this and should have just kept my mouth shut. It doesn't pay to try and help certain people out here any more. I did say that it came from a DST rep and I that it was specific to this problem. If you don't want to do it then don't do it. I could care less if you get a decent sounding ship. Stop being a pest about it. I gave the info I have from DST. That is all I have and now I am sorry for posting it.

For me the matter is closed. I am happy with my ship and don't plan to sit and cry because the voices aren't perfect. Aside from the couple of times I press the button when I get it out of the box I don't sit and play with it anyway LOL.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

I know this forum is a family. I have been around a lot longer than you have. All I am trying to do is give info to help out and in "a family" from a long standing member that is all that is needed. The attitude and interrogation is not. Take what you need from it and move on.

#39 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Moving right along......

How would one go about removing the nacells from a defective ship? From what i've seen on mine , they seem to be pretty secure on the pylons , which is a nice switch from the Playmates D of yore . LOL

#40 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Jul 2 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there are also probably people who would send in the nacelles from a good ship, so they can get a free extra saucer section.

I think Hermey's point is your instructions lack sufficient detail to motivate most of us to hack away at our ships and send their nacelles off into mail oblivion without being absolutely sure DST will honor this and without knowing what other charges we might incur (is the replacement free -- including shipping?)... It might help if you could copy and paste exactly what they said instead of paraphrasing, but I wouldn't be surprised if their original words also lacked the missing details.

Why would they need two saucer sections? And, if they bought an extra ship just to break off the nacelle, they already got a feee saucer section, the one that came with the ship they bought to break off the nacelle. Then you'd have three saucers, only one of which has a stardrive section to go with it. Not to mention postage. It would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy the extra ships you would need to get the saucers. I guess you could use them for customs, but you'd have a lot of custom ships with no nacelles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users