• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Xon

Xon

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

AA put up a packaged picture of the Mirror, Mirror Enterprise in package today here. I suppose this means that it's only a few weeks away according to the timeline Chuck put discussed in the last Q & A. Is this ship acurate to the episode? Who's buying, and who's passing on it?

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

I don't believe we ever saw the top of the MM Enterprise, not even in the HD episode, so DST had to take some creative license. I believe they also based it somewhat on the Polar LightsTOS Enterprsie kit's MM decals, which were also the result of creative license rather than canon.

#3 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

Actually, in a previous thread when the M,M Ent first showed up on AFX someone posted a screencap of the Enterprise from the remastered version that showed the top, and there wasn't a Terran Empire logo added in the episode. Personally, I'm fine with it's addition as it gives it more personality even if it isn't accurate.

I hope to pick both this and the HD version up.

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

If they didnt add it it would just be the cage version if my memory serves....I am definately picking it up with the logo...without the logo I would pass.

#5 Xon

Xon

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

I didn't realize there was a previous thread, I'm sorry. I like having a ship to display with my figures, so I will probably get this to go with the Mirror figures. I just couldn't recall if this is how the ship appeared in the episode. I wonder if this will be sold at TRU?

#6 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

No worries about the previous thread, it hasn't been active for a quite awhile. I merely mentioned it for reference. biggrin.gif

#7 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

I'd like to get it, but since I can only afford one ship (actually, I'll be lucky if I can afford even one), I'll get the D if I find it locally. But should I find it at an affordable price, heck yeah, I'd get it.

Wait! The ship in the package says NCC-, shouldn't it be ICC?

#8 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

That was me who posted the pic from Memory Alpha. Here it is again (this is from the remastered version):

#9 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

It should say ISS but the NCC stays the same. If it doesnt have the ISS it would be a huge flaw on this ship if released like that.

#10 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Zooming in on the picture definitely makes it look like I.S.S., so should be no worries.

#11 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jun 26 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so should be no worries.

Hopefully...

wink.gif

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

It does say ISS.....here is a direct link to the LARGE version of the ship.

Large Image

I will be adding it to the NFC Site within a few minutes

#13 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jun 27 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does say ISS.....here is a direct link to the LARGE version of the ship.

Large Image

I will be adding it to the NFC Site within a few minutes

Yes, but wait for the Chinese factory to get ahold of it. wink.gif

#14 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

I never noticed the Empire logos on the top of the nacelles in the earlier promo pics, nice touch!

#15 Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 26 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they didnt add it it would just be the cage version if my memory serves....I am definately picking it up with the logo...without the logo I would pass.

Actually, I think it looks a lot more like the DST

#16 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:26 AM

As far as physical appearance goes, the "Mirror Mirror" ship was the second pilot version of the Enterprise.

#17 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

Getting both this and the HD 1701. I'm really looking forward to the "Mirror Universe" 1701 on top of my recently acquired Ent-D and AGT-D.

The Mirror Universe Enterprise "on screen" was the same model as the WNMHGB filming model, so it makes sense that DST would reuse it for their release. The I.S.S. is intact, and I really like the additional "Mirror Universe" decorations on the hull--the TOS-R team might need to go back and add these in at somepoint--they're worthy of Trek canon, and seem more fitting for the mirror universe.

So let's see, if DST keeps their schedule (yeah right) and that packaging is indeed final and not a mock-up, 2009 will leave us with:

1. Enterprise-D
2. "All Good Things" Enterprise-D
3. "Mirror Universe" Enterprise
4. HD Enterprise

Four starships in one year? Is that a new record for DST? If so, in 2010 I want to see the following:
1. Enterprise-B
2. Excelsior
3. Klingon Bird-of-Prey (I believe this is the "alien ship" that they're working on,)
4. Enterprise-E reissue, complete with accurate paint apps, Ent-D style LEDs, "play cover" for battery compartment, or retooled stand with "plugs" in the Ent-D style, and of course, unified packaging. (Not on the list, but I'd like it to be.)

I'm hesitant to list a fifth ship for 2010 on my wish list if DST can get four out in 2009, but if I were to list one, it'd be the Enterprise-C, just so we'd have every ship named Enterprise and the attack of the variants could begin. If DST gets bored, after updating the Ent-E, they could always update and reissue the Ent-A and the NX-01, all three of which they'd get me on again if they updated them correctly. Give me the "E" with lights and decent paint apps and you have me.

I'm really looking forward to my Mirror Universe 1701--after hearing Adm. Riker on the AGT-D, I realized just how amazing variants can be when effort is put into making the sounds accurate.

#18 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

I would definitely order the Enterprise C, I'm planning on the B, and even though I sybeck1 is giving me his Ent E, I'd buy an updated version next year too. If they reissue the A, I'd buy that as well.

I'd like to get the Mirror Mirror Enterprise, but I'm probably not going to have money, what with buying the D and E from Sybeck, preordering TOS 5, and still trying to find DCUC 8, with wave 9 around the corner, I'm pretty tapped for the foreseeable future.

#19 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 10 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Four starships in one year? Is that a new record for DST? If so, in 2010 I want to see the following:

Well since you are counting simple variants, no, that's not a record. They released the NCC-1701, WNMHGB variant, Cage variant, and gold variant all in the same year, plus whatever else was released that year.

#20 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Xon @ Jun 26 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't realize there was a previous thread, I'm sorry. I like having a ship to display with my figures, so I will probably get this to go with the Mirror figures. I just couldn't recall if this is how the ship appeared in the episode. I wonder if this will be sold at TRU?

The I.S.S. Enterprise won't be sold at TRU I don't think. It is a PX Perviews exclusive, but there might be hope for the HD Enterprise to hit TRU Shelves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users