• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

I stopped by my TRU after work but it was a no go.

What's the callback feature? Does the medical tricorder have that?

#22 Xon

Xon

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Sorry about the glare. That's the Playmates Tricorder beside DST's in the last picture.

#23 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Cool pix, Xon, and thanks for the review, Vulcan. I just ran out to my nearby TRU and they had them in stock, too. BTW, they had four of them and I tested all and they sounded the same (good, with no chipmunk Spock voice). Each had some minor paint variation and a few sticker bubbles on the sciences viewscreen photo, but overall I would have taken any of them.

#24 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE ('E' @ Jun 20 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped by my TRU after work but it was a no go.

What's the callback feature? Does the medical tricorder have that?

The callback feature has a couple of options, but essentially you push one of the buttons, close the tric and set it aside, and a few seconds later it starts making a lotta racket wanting you to come play with it! The med tricorder does not have this feature. DST is attempting to make each version (including the forthcoming geo version) different and worthy of purchase. So I give them a lotta credit for that.

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

I stopped by TRU (since its the same one VF goes to!) and picked up a Science Tric Today!

Love the call back feature! I really like this release. I think DST has a real winner here. Is it perfect? No. but I think it's well worth the money. Especially if your looking for a Kit to customize a better one!

#26 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Where are you guys finding these at TRU? Are they with the Playmates stuff or somewhere else?

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

They are in the action figure Isle at this TRU... THere are some playmates stuff there, but most of the playmates stuff is on an end cap.

They also restocked the TRU exclusive Grey Handled Phasers!

#28 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE ('E' @ Jun 22 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you guys finding these at TRU? Are they with the Playmates stuff or somewhere else?

At the action figure aisle at my TRU, too, next to the Playmates Trek stuff and other DST Trek stuff.

#29 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hey Guys,

I just got a great deal on the Science Tricorders from Rick at New Force Comics. He sold me a case of 4 for a very fair price. If anyone is interested, just email him and he'll work with you.

Tom

#30 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

I am truly behind the times on the tricorders. I have an order I placed in April of 2008 w/ NFC for a med tri, but I had ordered a sci tri. Could someone refresh my memory, were these orders cancelled or has NF not got sci tricorders in yet?

#31 bobwill

bobwill

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Sybeck1 @ Jun 24 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am truly behind the times on the tricorders. I have an order I placed in April of 2008 w/ NFC for a med tri, but I had ordered a sci tri. Could someone refresh my memory, were these orders cancelled or has NF not got sci tricorders in yet?

I recieved this email about a year ago.
"hello all...
Just a quick update...when DST originally solicited the Tricorder, they erroneously called it the Medical Tricorder (and we cut and pasted their listing on our site)...we have come to find out, it is actually the Science Tricorder ...basically everything is the same .... the Medical Version variant (only the scanner accessory will be slightly different, we are told) will be an EE Exclusive ( we will order some and offer, like we did with the EE Communicator)...

so, we have corrected the wording on our presell, but we wanted to alert all that preordered (going to be a lot of emails) that it is the mass release Science Tricorder that has been ordered... naturally, if anyone wishes to not order the reg science tricorder and cancel the preorder, please email me back...

we will offer the medical version for presell soon, if you wish to order that variant version...
thanks"

#32 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Bob, any knowledge if Rick is shipping these?

#33 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

According to the site front page they should be shipping right after the Ent D's....

#34 Barney

Barney

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Rick will probably star shipping the tricorders next week as he received them yesterday, but will finish shipping Ent D before shipping the tricorders.

#35 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

Hi all I'm new here, Based in the UK. I've been waiting for ths baby for over a year now, I'm so jealous that you guys can just walk into a TRU and pick them up! I guess the UK retailers are getting theirs from the states rather than directly from DST's factory in the far east, so that adds a second shipping period to the impossble wait!..... arrrrgh!!!!

#36 Barney

Barney

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Oxnard Montalvo @ Jun 25 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all I'm new here, Based in the UK. I've been waiting for ths baby for over a year now, I'm so jealous that you guys can just walk into a TRU and pick them up! I guess the UK retailers are getting theirs from the states rather than directly from DST's factory in the far east, so that adds a second shipping period to the impossble wait!..... arrrrgh!!!!

At least Uk retailers will get them. I have no hope to find tricorders anywhere here in Brazil.

#37 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

I bet we members here can figure out a way to get one there.

#38 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

mmmmeeeeep! New Force Charged me!!!!! looks like this is fiiinnnnnnnnallly gonna happen! it was worth the wait I think!

#39 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Got my shipping confirmation from NFC today. Psyched!! biggrin.gif

#40 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

4 more days til I have my tricorders in hand! Damn weekends!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users