Photo

All the exclusives are up on toysrus.com!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

...just do a search for star trek....

The pic of the TMP 2 pack shows the regular, but since they also have the Amok Time 2 pack on there (which ships with it) and the item number is the one we know as the exclusive, I'm sure they just used an old pic.

Sallah

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Yeah for ME!

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

You know these should be in the stores to get foot traffic... but I dunno... something is funny about my TRU here.

I found just the Grey Handled Phasers, and so I asked the clerks at check out if they had any of the other star trek toys...

There was no one else in the store, and all of them... about 4 said this was the 1st Star Trek Product they had... that I was the 1st person buying any of it from their store...

But I know that wasn't true because they had a case come in last week that never made it to the floor apparently, because when I asked them the all said no they had never gotten anything else in.

I figure it costs me $2.34 in gas just to drive there and back... I tried calling to see if they have what I want so I wouldn't waste money, but then when I get there they never have it.

So long story short. screw the B&M stores. I happily just ordered what I wanted and it will cost me less in the long run.

Thanks for the heads up Sallah!

#4 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

Still nothing on the UK TRU Site and it seems us Brits can't order from the US Site.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

I ordered at least 1 extra Khaaaan! Excl... so if someone over seas ends up needing it I'll be happy to ship it to you.

I didn't order any re-releases since I open mine.

#6 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

Figures, I just looked for these on there yesterday to no avail. laugh.gif It's awesome you can buy them online though, I'm sure it'll save a lot of people time and hassle.

#7 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Does anyone know of a tru coupon code?

#8 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 10 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know these should be in the stores to get foot traffic... but I dunno... something is funny about my TRU here.

Since i live in the same general area as you Gothneo, i have a lot of experience with that particular store, since it opened in the late 80's, and i cant tell you how many times i have been in that store hoping to find something i wanted and ended up being disappointed. Either they have Star Trek and Star Wars fans that work there that scoop up all of the good figures or they just dont order much or the store is at the end of the line when it comes to getting new stuff from the TRU distributor and supply was already exhausted or something, but that store frustrates me to no end. I have been happier with the Jacksonville store though.

#9 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

Even though the item number for the TMP 2 pack matches the one for the TRU TMP 2 pack I don't believe it is the TRU version. It doesn't say exclusive the way Screaming Kirk does on the webpage. I'm thinking they have the same number because they are both packed together in the same case. So I didn't order it just the single Kirk, Spock and Kirk exclusive.

#10 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (stardust @ Jan 10 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though the item number for the TMP 2 pack matches the one for the TRU TMP 2 pack I don't believe it is the TRU version. It doesn't say exclusive the way Screaming Kirk does on the webpage. I'm thinking they have the same number because they are both packed together in the same case. So I didn't order it just the single Kirk, Spock and Kirk exclusive.

But the case that toys r us is getting ONLY has 2 Amok time packs and 2 of their TMP packs, it doesn't have the 'regular' TMP 2 pack in it.

I guess we'll find out in a few days, but my money says it's the TRU version.

Sallah

#11 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

Help me out here, yes i've been busy and now I'm getting lost, way behind. The TRU exclusives are..... and what is the differences in them from the other stuff that is out right now?

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

The TRU Exclusives are:

"Khaaan!" Admiral Kirk
TMP 2-Pack (Grey Kirk and Spock)
Grey Handle Phaser

Kirk and Spock Re-releases so far are only at TRU, EE will be getting them, but from what Rick said he thinks TRU had them redone, so those are exclusives too...but without the sticker.

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Jan 10 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since i live in the same general area as you Gothneo, i have a lot of experience with that particular store, since it opened in the late 80's, and i cant tell you how many times i have been in that store hoping to find something i wanted and ended up being disappointed. Either they have Star Trek and Star Wars fans that work there that scoop up all of the good figures or they just dont order much or the store is at the end of the line when it comes to getting new stuff from the TRU distributor and supply was already exhausted or something, but that store frustrates me to no end. I have been happier with the Jacksonville store though.

Yeah, I like the Jacksonville store, I actually see some stuff there. I've met several people that have told me they buy up toys in Wilm just to sell at flea markets... they don't even put 'em on ebay! Those guys crack me up. WHen they start asking me what are the hot items... I always tell 'em "Barbie"

Anyhow, I suspect that what's going on is the product never gets to the floor of that TRU...

#14 zyzyx1701d

zyzyx1701d

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Damn. Screaming Kirk is already out of stock.

#15 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

What is the difference between the TMP figures I got from Rick and the ones they have?

#16 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

TMP at TRU is Kirk in his all grey Duty Uniform as opposed to the White and Grey Admirals Uniform he wore at the beginning of the movie.

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Cool

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3351172

They're showing the Rick version here.

#18 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

Wow Screaming Kirk gone that fast? Impressive.

#19 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (X-Ray @ Jan 10 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow Screaming Kirk gone that fast? Impressive.
I had a feeling they would go fast. They appear to be the limited one per case figure in this assortment the way Martok is for DS9-2, or Ogawa is for TNG-5 or Ezri was for DS9-1 or Saavik was for TWOK etc.

They are probably even more limited than your standard limited ones given they are a TRU exclusive.

#20 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I hope these Star Trek figures sell well so that Toys R Us will definitely want to keep selling Star Trek and will get more exclusives and reissues. Anyone notice that the reissue Kirk and Spock are labeled "Wave 1" ? Only stands to reason there will be a wave 2 around the bend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users