Zapp Brannigan's Content

There have been 14 items by Zapp Brannigan (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#46774 HD 1701 Arrived, but there's a problem.

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 24 October 2009 - 04:48 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (VE Telus @ Oct 23 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zapp, did you contact them using the form on their website? How fast was the reply?

I just e-mailed their customer service. Took about four days before Chris Myers responded. I sent out my nacelle on 10/19.

#46749 HD 1701 Arrived, but there's a problem.

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 23 October 2009 - 02:52 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (VE Telus @ Oct 21 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rick advised that I should open the product and check the electronics. I just pulled the ship out, installed new batteries, sent a prayer heavenward, and was relieved to see (and hear) the electronics blast to life. Whew!

What gave me pause, however, was Rick's reply. He said that because the order is international (I'm in Canada), DST only warrants US purchases, and because of the expensive return shipping, that there is no real recourse. In other words, pursuing a return or exchange would not have been possible. This is the first time I've had an issue with DST products (I'm very forgiving in the paint department), but it certainly made me think twice about ordering from New Force in the future. If there is no recourse, then I'm basically purchasing a product that neither the supplier nor the retailer feel is bound to guarantee. I think I may have to go through BBTS; despite the higher price, the safety of mind in being able to exchange (should the item is defective) is more than worth the extra few dollars.

I live in Canada and I got sent a defective HD Enterprise from New Force and DST is replacing mine.

#46473 HD 1701 Arrived, but there's a problem.

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 15 October 2009 - 09:22 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Oct 15 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know it just occured to me that with all these lemon HD ships and lemon Ent-Ds out there and AA's break off a nacelle and send it us us policy that there are going to be alot of non working , one nacelled ships out there , throw on a bit of black paint to simulate battle damage and take some pics and we could post pics and create our own poor-man's Wolf 359 lol

I plan on simulating battle damage by using the BBQ lighter, and then eventually lighting the whole thing up and watching it melt on the driveway. Oh how it will remind me of when I was young and I use to torch my AMT/Ertl models. No matter how easy those directions were, I still sucked at putting them together, even the snap on ones. I was only doing those models a favor roflmao.gif

#46444 HD 1701 Arrived, but there's a problem.

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 14 October 2009 - 10:54 PM in AA / DST

Today I received both the ISS & HD in the mail from New Force.

My overall impression of the ISS is favorable, 4/5.

There really wasn

#43196 Enterprise 1701-D Audio Problem(s)

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 14 July 2009 - 02:26 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jul 2 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People that have the audio problem can send the ships nacelles to the following address for a replacement
ship...

Diamond Select Toys
ATTN: Returns
1966 Greenspring Drive, Suite 300
Timonium, MD 21093

I

#43025 Enterprise 1701-D Audio Problem(s)

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 10 July 2009 - 11:07 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (OneAngryDwrf @ Jul 8 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"the bussard collectors do not light half of the time, while the blue sections on the nacelles do"

I am having the same issue but with the AGT Ent. D. I just received two from New Force yesterday, both openers. Before I opened them I made sure the lights and Riker's voice were ok in both and they were. But an hour ago, while cycling through the sounds, I noticed that one of the bussard collectors was going very dim, to the point where it looked burnt out. My friend and I combine our orders to save on shipping because we live in Canada so opening the 2nd ship is not an option. After reading some of the posts about DST customer service exchanging defective ships, I feel a little better. But what bugs me is that I've already shelled out $70CAD and will probably have to shell out another $10CAD to ship the nacelles to DST. Also, I don

#42779 Enterprise 1701-D Audio Problem(s)

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 04 July 2009 - 01:03 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE ('E' @ Jul 1 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can get them here for $6.85 for a ten pack or $13.70 for twenty. Looks like free shipping, too.

http://www.batterybo...CFR0SagodlVq9Pg

Hey everyone, I don

#42408 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 03:40 AM in AA / DST

Who do you think they had in mind to the voice phrases, Sulu perhaps?

#42405 Has the

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 03:24 AM in AA / DST

You know DST is getting away with bloody murder creating all these variants of TOS chair. All they end up doing is making very minor changes and most of us buy into to them, myself included. I'm half expecting DST to release another Command Chair exclusive featuring a carpeted base. roflmao.gif

#42404 Mirror, Mirror Enterprise

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 03:04 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 26 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they didnt add it it would just be the cage version if my memory serves....I am definately picking it up with the logo...without the logo I would pass.

Actually, I think it looks a lot more like the DST

#42398 Enterprise 1701-D Audio Problem(s)

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 01:46 AM in AA / DST

Updated: 7/10/09

1. 2 regular, 2 AGT
2. 1 regular, Zero issues with audio but one of the bussard collectors does not light up half of the time in one ship
3. 6/19 & 6/26, 7/09
4. Two different local shops in my city, New Force

My good & bad ship sound exactly like the one

#42397 DST's TOS Tricorders!

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 12:49 AM in AA / DST

Did we ever learn why DST scrapped plans to make the Geological tricorder?
The one on the right, http://i.toynewsi.co...ic=IMG_0436.jpg

#42395 Has the

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 29 June 2009 - 12:36 AM in AA / DST

I recall seeing it up last week for pre-order on Amazon.com and was wondering if it was also going to be an Amazon.com exclusive much like the

#30666 All the exclusives are up on toysrus.com!

Posted by Zapp Brannigan on 15 January 2009 - 03:32 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Jan 13 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the canadians are wondering about the status of the exclusive, on our side of the border, NO. Well not yet anyway. I checked the computer and there is nothing indicated there, that means not for a few months at any rate. I think I am going to ask DST about it, as if they know...

I went to my nearest TRU and the girl I talked to couldn