• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

So the title for Star Trek 13 has been released, not sure how I feel about it, but i'm hopeful it'll be better then Into Darkness now that it has different writers. 

http://trekmovie.com...ar-trek-beyond/

#2 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

I am not a fan of the title, it seems Really generic.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

Ya the title isn't sitting well with me right now. I did feel the same way about The Force Awakens when I first heard it, but its grown on me so we'll see. 

Has this even started filming yet?

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Im fine with it. I also liked Into Darkness (the title and movie).

#5 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

yawn. The Galaxy Quest tv series news is more exciting.

J-R!

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

I enjoyed Into Darkness for the most part, it was good until the end when it started copying the dialog from TWOK. It was supposed to be this sad moment, but it just annoyed me. I feel the 2009 movie was a lot better though. 

My biggest hope for Beyond, is that the Enterprise faces a ship that's actually a match for it so we can see it in combat. 

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

yawn. The Galaxy Quest tv series news is more exciting.

J-R!

I'd only be interested if they get the original cast back. 

#8 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

That will never happen,most likely. I'm fine with any good actors. If they can do Bates Motel,Hannibal,Fargo,and such,I'm sure they can pull off GQ as well.

This title though,reminds me of Batman Beyond,or Bath & Beyond,lol! Hopefully this ISN'T the final title.

J-R!

#9 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

LOL robster....Star Trek: Bat'leth & Beyond. :D

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

LOL!

#11 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

Haha yeah I agree on we need a battle scene for sure, did anyone notice the Enterprise never fired a SINGLE shot in Into Darkness?

#12 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

Yeah,what's up with that? Did she use it all in the previous movie? lol. Guess there are consequences showing off,LOL!

J-R!

#13 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

I like the title. Its modern, catchy and screams JJ Abrams but also Star Trek to me. 

The tittle suggests that this movie will do what many fans want out of these new movies and that is exploration based story-telling. Now obviously this is Star Trek and there's going to clearly be some action and adventure in this story but from what I've read so far about the project, it thrills me and excites me no end! I was a little dubious about Justin Lin directing but credit to the guy, he pulled the Fast & Furious franchise out of the depths of obscurity and has a great visual style. He also works well with ensemble cast's. Throw the cinematographer behind Tron Legacy and Life of Pi into the mix, this could be a visually stunning Star Trek that puts the audience member right into the middle of some kind of strange new world. 

Then you have Simon Pegg... A life-long nerd and fan of Star Trek. Whilst he will honour the legacy and the alternate universe Abrams set up, he is bound to go all out nerd on this movie. Apparently he and writing partner Doug Jung would stop and watch TOS episodes to get into the mood of writing their story which can only be an encouraging sign. 

And then you have the full support of JJ Abrams and Bad Robot to ensure that this Star Trek has just as high production values as the last two movies had. 

Having said all this, I think some fans just will not be budged on their dislike of the JJ Abrams movies and the faster paced, action-orientated direction Star Trek has taken (even though for its time, TOS was compared to Sci-Fi that preceded it, hugely action packed). Its fine to feel like that but lets be realistic, Star Trek needed a shake-up and it got one and for the most part, a successful one at that! 

The one thing I do regret them not doing is sticking with the aesthetics and look of TOS. I love the new look Star Trek but if you're going to go and do Kirk and Spock again, they've got to be set within familiar surroundings. That means whilst every effort would have been made to make the movies look authentic and realistic by adding depth and texture, they remain true to the ship designs, props and interior sets of the Enterprise (bridge, engineering, sickbay) seen in TOS. I don't think it matters one iota had Star Trek (2009) looked like TOS with Pine and Quinto running around with the classic Trek phasers and tri-corders and with the Enterprise, inside and out looking (all be it given more depth and texture) like it did in the 60's. You wouldn't dream of seeing Han Solo and Chewbacca sitting in a different version of the Millennium Falcon so why change the look of Star Trek? It's a period piece and is its own idea of what the future will look like. 

#14 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Here's the trailer for the movie. I wasn't expecting much but this is still disappointing.

http://pulse.therpf....campaign=buffer

#15 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

It looks good to me. Fun. I like the uniform updates too. Can't wait. Seems to me, the people that complained about the first two have already made up their minds to not like this one too. It's a shame really.

#16 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

It looks good to me. Fun. I like the uniform updates too. Can't wait. Seems to me, the people that complained about the first two have already made up their minds to not like this one too. It's a shame really.

I tried to like the first one, the second one I wasn't expecting much and it was even worse. At this point I think the general public knows these aren't actually Star Trek movies. For those who like them that's great, personally I'm just not an action movie fan. So yeah I've pretty much made up my mind, but I'm certainly open to accepting this if they ever decide to go in more of a science fiction direction.

#17 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Seems to me, the people that complained about the first two have already made up their minds to not like this one too. It's a shame really.

It looks like a duck, it swims like a duck, and it really sounds like a duck. There's a lot of things that are a shame nowadays, but I wouldn't include you liking these films JMW, as one. ;)

Opinions. It's like yesterday's Independence Day Resurgence trailer. No force on Earth will be able to contain my excitement at seeing Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch save the world again!

#18 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

Well, if the movie delivers what the trailer promises, my first impression is that it looks like it could be good.  Plus the JJ-prise is going to be destroyed, how's that for fan service?  :D

Looks like it has potential to focus more on character, and maybe has some kind of internment/forced relocation/something or other story...

Although Scotty's death-defying stunt seems pretty farfetched even by modern blockbuster standards...and isn't that exactly what Kirk did at the beginning of the first one?

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

I love these Star Trek movies,as that IS what they are,and this one looks like fun too. Looking forward to a full trailer.

J-R!

#20 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

Star Trek Fast & Furious : Qo'noS Drift

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users