• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#21 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

Data Redemption, MIB, on US card went for $86.00 + $8.75 after 16 bids.

A bit above average price these days -- you can get these for around $60 if you have the time to snipe them. This is about the top of the value range for this figure right now. Foot number was not shown.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...5.m43663.l10137

Yesterday's Tasha on a bit of a rough card and Projections Barclay went for $91.00 + $10.15 shipping after 12 bids. Foot numbers not shown.

Kind of cool to see Tasha on a card that's about a 6 out of 10 in condition. Rarely see stuff like that. So about $50 each at the door, which is a pretty good price for both. I'd have to call this well bought.

#22 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

Seven of Nine in a cobalt/blue uniform, MIB, went for $91.00 + $8.75 shipping after 20 bids.

This is a pretty repeatable result, as this is where they have been trading consistently. These don't come up for auction as frequently as things like Projects Barclay and co. But it's impressive that people are paying this kind of money in 2018 for a figure that's not in the 1701 gang.

#23 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

The TOS figures set, the one with a huge cardboard bridge, went for $11.50 + $18.14 shipping after 2 bids.

Yeah, this thing was horribly overproduced and overpackaged, and (if I recall correctly) a TRU exclusive. Ages later the package is viewed either as brilliant, or as a cheap trick -- I'm a proponent of the latter view -- and also way larger than it needed to be. I think this set also painfully highlights the fact that Playmates judged that to do a proper bridge playset would be too expensive to pull off, so this was a bit of a compromise. But we can talk about that another time.

It's kind of fitting that these trade for what amounts to... loose change you can find on the ground at a gas station, without shipping, these days.

#24 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

25jxjqd.jpg

Here's something that was not on anyone's radar 20 years ago, and something that's tougher to come across than Red Data and Tapestry Picard, as there's no shortage of people who'll sell you those. It's easier to show than to describe it: DS9 Q on a TNG 7th-season Canadian card. The accessories and tray does not differ from the original DS9 card as we know it in the US, but there is an extra Canadian-market sticker on the front. 31 pictures on the back, all TNG.

Sold for $51.00 + $12.00 shipping after 3 bids.

There were a number of DS9 second-release figures that made it on to a TNG 7th season card: Picard in DS9 uniform, Thomas Riker DS9, O'Brien duty uniform, Dax duty uniform... but not Bashir or Vash, though I can't rule it out. (I just haven't seen those). Out of all of these it is often said that Q is the hardest to find, though it's hard to put a number on how many were produced this war. My best guess is below 4,000, and out of those how many remain in packages is probably in the low hundreds. Thinking realistically, are there a hundred of these out there still in packages? That sounds like a stretch to me.

There were a few more that made it on to a 7th season TNG card in Canada, just not DS9, and those include Nausicaan, Yar, Vorgon with pog, Georgi and Data from Generations, and several others, some unconfirmed.

This is pretty much market-priced, but there's a scarcity element here that's not well-represented -- these pop up on eBay like once a year.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...cvip=true&rt=nc

Heh heh.... this was my auction. I bought a lot of four of these hard to find Canadian carded figures from a guy in NY. I really needed the Movie LaForge in the lot, and the DS9 Picard, and Movie Data in the lot were in better condition than the ones that I had, so I kept them too. This Q figure was the only one that I already had a better condition packed figure of, so I put it up. Like you said though, they are quite scarce. In the last six years that I've been collecting, I've seen three Q's come up for auction, including this one. Also, there is a Dr Bashir figure..... I have one (not sure how to post a pic). No Vash though.

In the 1995 series figures there were some Canadian packed variants as well, also all very hard to find. They are: Professor Data, Gorn, Mutated Tom Paris, Seska as a Cardassian, Bald Sisko, Kurn, Kirk in Environmental Suit, and Mugatu. From what I've seen, Kirk and Mugatu are the ones that come up for auction the most infrequently. I have only ever seen three of each. HTH, Fred K.

#25 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I figured that someone from this forum was involved, just wasn't sure who, heheh.

It's hard to tell which ones from this bunch are rarer tbh, but Data and La Forge seem to be. Q I've seen a couple of times in the last 3 years.

Are you saying there is a Vash on 7th season cards?

I was just wondering about the 1995 figs that had Canadian stickers. The only one I've seen is Prof Data (I have that one) but I straight up haven't seen any others at all. Thanks for the great info!

Pics you can post by uploading to a free hosting site like www.tinypic.com, which isn't too spammy, and then clicking on the picture button here and cut and pasting that image link. This forum's pic hosting feature stopped working some time ago so all photos have to be hosted elsewhere, unforch.

#26 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, I figured that someone from this forum was involved, just wasn't sure who, heheh.

It's hard to tell which ones from this bunch are rarer tbh, but Data and La Forge seem to be. Q I've seen a couple of times in the last 3 years.

Are you saying there is a Vash on 7th season cards?

I was just wondering about the 1995 figs that had Canadian stickers. The only one I've seen is Prof Data (I have that one) but I straight up haven't seen any others at all. Thanks for the great info!

Pics you can post by uploading to a free hosting site like www.tinypic.com, which isn't too spammy, and then clicking on the picture button here and cut and pasting that image link. This forum's pic hosting feature stopped working some time ago so all photos have to be hosted elsewhere, unforch.

Hi Morgan,

First of all, as far as I know...... No, there is no Vash on a 7th Season backer card. There is however, a 2nd Series DS9 Dr Bashir on a 7th Season backer.

Regarding the Canadian Movie Data & LaForge..... I've seen a number of the Data's available in the past. Usually quite cheap. LaForge is another story though. I think that I've seen two, including the one in my collection!

As for the 1995 Canadian releases, every one that I listed does exist, as I have them in my collection. I have never heard of any others.

As for the pic hosting, I generally try to keep from signing up for free stuff online. God only knows what they dump onto my hard drive!  Take care, Fred.

#27 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

Very cool to hear about the Bashir on 7th series card -- I haven't seen that one.

I have La Forge on 7th series and Tasha, Riker DS9, O'Brien duty, Q and Dax duty, but not Data Generations -- somehow I whiffed that one.

#28 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Tapestry Picard, MIB, went for $215.00 + $11.99 after 7 bids.

I would have to call this "well bought." Something tells me the original owner of this figure paid well above $215.00 to get it back in the 1990s. This is just about market-priced at the moment -- I haven't seen these top $300.

#29 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

Q DS9 with pog on TNG 7th season Canadian card went for $21.50 + $6.70 shipping after 2 bids.

This is one of the rarer DS9 figures on TNG 7th season uniform -- these Qs come up for auction about once a year or once every two years -- so this is a pretty good result. This shows there's still demand for these rare Canadian-market figures.

#30 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

Tapestry Picard, MIB, went for $215.00 + $11.99 after 7 bids.

I would have to call this "well bought." Something tells me the original owner of this figure paid well above $215.00 to get it back in the 1990s. This is just about market-priced at the moment -- I haven't seen these top $300.

Hi Morgan,

I think that this seller would have gotten a better price if he had pulled the figure out of that plastic so the packaging could be seen better. IMO, they really stepped on their own umm.... foot on this auction! Pictures will sell or not sell an item! Fred K.

#31 dathon18

dathon18

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:11 PM

Q DS9 with pog on TNG 7th season Canadian card went for $21.50 + $6.70 shipping after 2 bids.

This is one of the rarer DS9 figures on TNG 7th season uniform -- these Qs come up for auction about once a year or once every two years -- so this is a pretty good result. This shows there's still demand for these rare Canadian-market figures.

This is another one where the seller could have done better had they described the auction better. They definitely needed the word "Canadian" in the title, although it is possible that the seller didn't know what they had. In that case, advantage  buyer..... which is exactly what happened!  

You always find way more stuff on ebay than I do. Good job ;0)  Fred.

#32 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, that was definitely a case of sub-optimal description writing -- buyers can't rely on sellers to always use Canadian or even Trek at all in the listings. The seller definitely underadvertised that item, but it still brought a okay result.

But I can't blame the sellers for not knowing that it's Canadian part that's important -- that requires some research. Many of them just have this stuff that they bought in bulk years ago and they don't know what's important about it and what isn't. I expect them to go "well, they must all be like that."

I see some that are just basically "Picard figure" and that's it.

#33 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

Red Data on US card brought $87.00 + $10.95 shipping after 24 bids.

That's a lot of bids, most probably jen-u-wine, and a high result. I think this is the most money I've seen Red Data bring in the past 3 years. And the card had some creases too.

#34 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

I could have had a shed load of Canadian figures. If only I knew the value. I might have some unopened, but most are open. I actually thought they were inferior, as they lacked individual carding, and we only got half of the issued characters. If only

#35 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:05 PM

I could have had a shed load of Canadian figures. If only I knew the value. I might have some unopened, but most are open. I actually thought they were inferior, as they lacked individual carding, and we only got half of the issued characters. If only

I always hope that eBay sellers notice which figures are selling and why. The percentage of all Trek figures that sell per week out of the 20,000 that are for sale any given day is less than 1%, but there are some battles over some rare or exceptionally underpriced items from time to time.

#36 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Huntsville Scotty, the small one not the 9-inch, MIB, went for $26.00 + $5.50 shipping after 15 bids.

This is properly weird, as these could be found for far less. The holiday season? People gulping down too much eggnog?

#37 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

Janeway on card is getting hoarded on The Ebays these days -- these things are flying off the digital shelves reliably for $15 to $20.

Here's one: $18.50 + $3.34 shipping after 13 bids.

#38 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Red Data on US card went for $84.61 + $8.75 shipping after 26 bids.

That's a lot of bids -- I recall the starting price of this item was pretty low -- which is how it should be done.

Kind of a lot of money for Red Data these days, as these can be found for around $60 if you really watch them closely. There are cheaper ways to get into Red Data ownership than $94 at the door.

#39 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

Red Data on US card, went for $77.86 + $8.75 shipping after 12 bids.

Pretty realistic price in this day and age, though if you look around they can be found at times for $10 to $20 lower. But this is around where most of them trade.

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...&orig_cvip=true

#40 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

The Tri-fold Borg figure, mib, sold for $810.00 + $12.00 shipping after 6 bids.

Not counting true prototypes, such as test shots from that auction earlier this year, this has gotta be a record paid for a Playmates figure in the past 12 months.

"I worked for a company that was interested in using the Star Trek name in our product.  One of the items they sent was this," the seller wrote.

These don't come up for auction on eBay even every year -- I think this is the first one I've seen on eBay to be honest. It's hard to estimate just how many of these are left in the package, but this seems like a realistic price for something that is not offered very often.

Have you seen these go for less?

However long this link lasts: https://www.ebay.com...&orig_cvip=true

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playmates, figure, value, auction, result

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users