• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 02:59 PM

If Picard hadn't been a complete shit show that's barely watchable, I'd be more excited for season 3. But Idk if I want to see them butcher more TNG characters. Only good thing about it is the canonizing of the Odyssey Class Enterprise F. 

#242 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 05:46 PM

I feel the same anxiety, Alteran. I feel like I'm ready to cordon Picard off in my head canon as just an imitation of Star Trek if season 3 doesn't deliver the god-damn goods. I have limited faith in Matalas to turn this ocean liner around.

#243 MisterPL

MisterPL

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 11:14 AM

Picard has already overcome death. Dealing with endless pessimism is another thing.

#244 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 03:39 PM

It's fun to read theories about what the plot might be now that we've seen decent trailers.

However, sad to say, the people steering the show pull zany, untested, dumb ideas out of left field as if they've got no idea what we want to see, or what makes a good Trek story, other than that Picard has to be in it.  When in the past 2 seasons has any sort of sensible plot that a fan could have come up with (or contributed to) taken place?  Never.  Not once.

So as cool as some of the theories I've read here and elsewhere would be, I'm sure they'll do something completely bonkers that leaves us trying to justify this crap all over again.

But I wait eagerly to be proven wrong!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users