• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Geordi used one in "The Mind's Eye", from the fourth season. It appeared again in the fisth season episode "The Game", Wesley Crusher used one. Also, Chakotay used one in an episode of Voyager (can't remember which one).

In the first two seasons, the cricket was all silver. It never appeared in Season 3 from what I can recall. From season 4 onward (the two times it was used on TNG from that point and the one time it was used on Voyager), it had the black/copper/silver paint scheme to try and match the cobrahead phasers.

#42 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

Beat me to it knightone.

They also changed from the dustbuster phaser to the cobrahead to the boomerang.

#43 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Historical notes:

Dustbuster was used from season 1-2 of TNG.

Cobrahead was used in TNG seasons 3-7, Generations, DS9 seasons 1-3, Voyager seasons 1 and the first few episodes of season 2 (since season 2 started with unused episodes originally produced for season 1). The original cobrahead phaser (used on season 3 and the first half of season 4 of TNG) was larger than the later cobraheads and had a power meter like that of the boomerang and dolphin (which was omitted from the later cobrahead).

The boomerang was used from DS9 seasons 4-7, Voyager seasons 2-7, First Contact, and Insurrection. The first appearance of the boomerang was in the DS9 season 4 premiere, "The Way of the Warrior".

The dolphin was used only in Nemesis. It was an adaptation of a design made for Voyager's finale "Endgame" as a 25th century phaser, but was never seen on screen.

#44 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Writing, collecting Star trek figures, movies, Tennis

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Aug 18 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Historical notes:

Cobrahead was used in TNG seasons 3-7, Generations, DS9 seasons 1-3, Voyager seasons 1 and the first few episodes of season 2 (since season 2 started with unused episodes originally produced for season 1). The original cobrahead phaser (used on season 3 and the first half of season 4 of TNG) was larger than the later cobraheads and had a power meter like that of the boomerang and dolphin (which was omitted from the later cobrahead).

The boomerang was used from DS9 seasons 4-7, Voyager seasons 2-7, First Contact, and Insurrection. The first appearance of the boomerang was in the DS9 season 4 premiere, "The Way of the Warrior".

The dolphin was used only in Nemesis. It was an adaptation of a design made for Voyager's finale "Endgame" as a 25th century phaser, but was never seen on screen.

They shoudln't have changed the phaser and tricorder desigsn on Voyager. That wouldn't happe if they were 70,000 light years away.

#45 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Aug 18 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Historical notes:

I remember thinking the dolphin phaser was kind of odd.

#46 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Aug 18 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chakotay used one in an episode of Voyager (can't remember which one).

I don't recall that. Oh well.

#47 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 20 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think that figures collectors are on things about this or that not being right, you have never been to a prop forum.

Check out the Trek Toy's sister website

http://www.trekpropzone.com

the Trek Prop Zone

Well if you want a Type III Phaser Rifle and you are willing to do some work, for $200.00 or so you could build yourself one like I did.

I recall reading that playmates was going to make a toy phaser rifle. That would have been pretty cool. Too bad they didn't.

#48 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ May 2 2007, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Bajoran stuff was some of the best of the PM Tek. I loved the way they looked, the sounds, the lights, and the way the felt. I don't think they were over or under-sized.

Yeah, but I don't recall seeing the Bajoran Tricorder on DS9 at all.

#49 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Aug 17 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trekcollector, actually THIS is a prop!! The playmates was gaudy and bulky compared to this. FHC is indicating that the PM version is more fun then this one, because of its playability, as opposed to aesthetics...
Sorry

That doesn't look like the prop.

#50 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(TrekCollector01 @ Aug 19 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recall reading that playmates was going to make a toy phaser rifle. That would have been pretty cool. Too bad they didn't.

It was going to be a laser tag type toy too. They also planned on a laser tag cobrahead phaser as well.

That's a Stapleton cricket, I believe. It is not completely screen accurate, but it is one of the best cricket interpretations around (in my opinion the best). I have a couple of them myself.

#51 TrekCollector01

TrekCollector01

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Aug 19 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was going to be a laser tag type toy too. They also planned on a laser tag cobrahead phaser as well.

That's a Stapleton cricket, I believe. It is not completely screen accurate, but it is one of the best cricket interpretations around (in my opinion the best). I have a couple of them myself.

Cool. A Star Trek laser tag would have been really cool.

#52 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

Maybe I missed it, but no mention of the Playmates TOS Tricorder or Medical Kit? I thought those both (while maybe not perfectly scaled) were really well done and a couple of the highlights of Playmates Trek accessories, escpecially the Tricorder.

Sallah

#53 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(TrekCollector01 @ Aug 20 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but I don't recall seeing the Bajoran Tricorder on DS9 at all.

I'm pretty sure Kira used one in the 4th season episode Return To Grace. I found this Picture.

#54 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

^Actually she used it a lot in the first season. IIRC she had one in "Move Along Home."

#55 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

All the pics I can find from Move Along Home show Kira using a Starfleet Tricorder. Which is odd cos I thought she'd used a Bajoran Tricorder in that Episode.

#56 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:27 AM

I dont remember her using one in that episode. That is one of my favorite episodes of DS9....

"Alamaraine count to four, Alamaraine then three more, Alamaraine if you can see, Alamaraine you'll come with me!" hehe....

#57 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

I personally have ALWAYS wanted a few PADDs.... I don't have too many prop replicas like that kind of stuff.

#58 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

There are some nice PADDs out there with embedded LEDs behind the screen that give the appearnce of animated graphics. Join some of the prop boards and you will probably find some.

#59 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

I can set you up with a kit that will make a nice one.

#60 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

Nice, I just might have to do that, but honestly, I haven't built a model in AGES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users