3 3/4" movie figure discussion

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Im just trying to organize this
Wave 2 movie stuff
http://trekmovie.com...e-figures-toys/

#2 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

About time we saw new figures I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They made the two creatures that chased Kirk in the movie I'll have to collect the 6" version to make the size more realistic for the 3

#3 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:40 AM

Super excited about more 3&3/4" stuff...but I'm a little worried about everything actually making it out. The figures seem to be lingering pretty heavily around me...

Sallah

#4 pug0matic

pug0matic

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

The next wave is due out in July? Anyone have a schedule of the release dates? Thanks!

#5 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

I find toys in general are lingering on store shelves. Even Star Wars doesn't seem to be moving these days. It's just the times and the economy! We'll probably start seeing the new figures pop in amongst the wave one stuff. Hopefully, there won't be horrible case assortments like Hasbro did with Indiana Jones. Those revision waves where they packed in Wave 1 Indys and Mutts and only one each of further waves were what killed that line!

#6 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, nothing seems to be selling that much around me either. I actually think Star Trek has been one of the better sellers just by looking at the shelves. Even Transformers doesn't seem to be shifting too much yet. The one exception seems to be the Marvel Universe toys, which they don't seem to be able to keep in stock.

#7 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, that's pretty true. Star Wars seems like it's at it's lowest point since the line was reintroduced back in '95. Hope fully Trek did well enough that we get the rest of this stuff!

Sallah

#8 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

Well when you have to pay the bills or buy toys for your kids (or self in my case) sometimes the bills have to come first. That's my take on why things are lingering on the shelves. Which honestly, there really hasn't been THAT much lingering around here.

As for the line itself: I'm kinda sad that there was no female character in this line nor ships, nor any mention of playsets. Uhura's roommate or Amanda would've been appropriate. As would a shuttle. I wonder if the 3rd wave would include some of the Kelvin crew?

#9 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Hey all,

Picture of Cadet Kirk is now up

Take care,
Matty-lad

#10 Biffette

Biffette

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

Oof. I'm very happy to get the figure but I don't think I'll ever get over that face sculpt. Reminds me of ID4 in 1996. Very generic.

#11 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jun 16 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's pretty true. Star Wars seems like it's at it's lowest point since the line was reintroduced back in '95. Hope fully Trek did well enough that we get the rest of this stuff!

Sallah

Even though i am a big Star Wars fan as well as Star Trek, the Star Wars line has lost appeal to me for the last few years. It seems to be going in so many directions with characters that i dont even recognize and the Clone Wars stuff is just plain unappealing to me. There is just too much of it with 50 different versions of clone troopers to wade through so i am for the most part just a casual looker when i pass that way now.

#12 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:43 AM

hello all...
my playmates rep said they will have case ratio info finalized this friday, and then we write our order... I am actually pretty excited about wave 2 too smile.gif
rick

#13 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

No Gaila.

:-(

#14 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

I'm pretty excited about the Keenser figure , I'll set him up on my monitor and have Scotty on my tower telling him "GET DOWN!" tongue.gif

#15 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Jun 17 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Gaila.

:-(

Hey all,

Fingers crossed she'll be in wave 3 (as long as we get one.) My only concern is that there will need to be an Uhura in there as well, but will they have 2 female figures in a wave?

Take care,
Matty-lad

#16 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Jun 17 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though i am a big Star Wars fan as well as Star Trek, the Star Wars line has lost appeal to me for the last few years. It seems to be going in so many directions with characters that i dont even recognize and the Clone Wars stuff is just plain unappealing to me. There is just too much of it with 50 different versions of clone troopers to wade through so i am for the most part just a casual looker when i pass that way now.

Totally with you on this...I was with Star Wars until just a couple of years ago when it started to seem to me that it was just becoming a tool to sell more toys (like clones from every color of the rainbow). And the Clone Wars CGI movie? *Shudder*

QUOTE (NewForceComics @ Jun 17 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
my playmates rep said they will have case ratio info finalized this friday, and then we write our order... I am actually pretty excited about wave 2 too smile.gif
rick

Woo Hoo! I'll probably just preorder this batch so I don't have to worry about clogged shelves around here...

Sallah

#17 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

My Star Wars buying has also slowed significantly. There is not much to get excited about. I buy the better articulated figures when those come out and give the older sculpts to my daughter! I got excited about the BMF Millenium Falcon, but left the AT-TE on the shelf. The same thing will happen with the clone Turbo-Tank. I don't know why all they want to do is that Clone Wars crap! Give us a new Death Star playset or Jabba's Sail Barge and that will be another couple hundred dollars Hasbro can count me in for!

Back on the subject, Playmates 3 3/4" figures seem to be getting things right as far as offering up something new and different. Maybe when they have been doing these for as long as Hasbro has been doing Star Wars, they may start running short on innovative ideas too. Hopefully it will come to that, and we will have every character done in figure form. I know it's a dream but it would be cool to see it happen.

#18 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

oooo new figures biggrin.gif

So is the red monster in scale with the 3.3/4 scale figures?

loving Keenser biggrin.gif

As for SW, never got into it majority but i have the Big Millennium Falcon which is awesome! (got it for

#19 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ Jun 18 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers crossed she'll be in wave 3 (as long as we get one.) My only concern is that there will need to be an Uhura in there as well, but will they have 2 female figures in a wave?

Back in the day Playmates weren't afraid of including multiple females in a set. Atleast from the '93 assortment onwards. Those last few Warp Factor waves sometimes had as many females as males.

But they had plenty of women to work with back then. What did we have in the new movie...Uhura, Gaila & Winona Ryder?? That's about it from what I hear.

#20 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

I can't wait for wave 3 let alone wave 2 biggrin.gif

What would people like to see in wave 3?

Ice Planet Kirk
Ice Planet Spock
Ice Planet Scotty
Captain Robau
George Kirk
Gaila In Orion Slave girl costume
Cadet Uhura
Admiral Pike in wheelchair
Amanda Greyson
Kobiashi Maru Test Kirk

Shuttle Playset W/ Olsen figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic