First pic of the 3 & 3/4 line!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

It seems that a lot of toys these days just look cheaper - i think it's because of the games industry and kids not really "playing with toys" anymore. I remember collecting the Jurassic Park toys in 1993 and having all the Power rangers megazords until Power Rangers Lightspeed - those toys were great - Star Trek toys for me were always a bit dull but i still got the ships - and it seems that the Ship in this line looks like it could be really good - the 12 inch figures look a lot better than anything ever released in that scale by Playmates so i will look to get those, it seems that is the only line for collectors (until perhaps someone like Hot-Toys or Side-show pick up a license to do high end collectables) but to be honest, kids who are gonna buy these toys are going to be very young kids who will undoubtedly wreck them in time - parents won't want to spend much on them.

#42 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm... the playmates 12" figures are interesting! Good price point, some things about the costume details look better, such as the boots. But the Sculpts and Paints look weak to me. I hope they improve.

I should add the role play don't look like classic trek at all, but they look like fun Sci-Fi, so I'll get those.

#43 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jan 21 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that a double hinged knee joint on Uhura?

I just got done checking out a different pic of Uhura at Wizarduniverse and she does not have double knee joints. She has a sculpted knee and a joint similar to the 25th Anniversary G.I.Joe Scarlet and Baroness knee joint. But for this type of figure she doesnt need it. The joe type joint works very well and should be more than enough.

#44 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I'd really love to see a new 3&3/4 line for classic and TNG. Think of all the great playsets we could get! lol
Who wouldn't like a classic playset with the red/orange rails and bridge sound effects. And a TNG bridge with ten forward??
Wishful thinking really..... laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users