44 replies to this topic

#1 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

Hey all,

I mentioned I've been paying off a kind Playtrekker (the marvellous Don - SouthPol) who has sold me a lot of his old Playmates items which I still needed. HUGE thanks to Don for his help with this.

Most of the figures were still MOC, though a couple were loose with accessories. I opened them all straight away.

Only managed to get pics of the larger figures today, but I'll be doing the 4.5"ers tomorrow.

I took all my Playmates figures out from a big cupboard so I could update all the pics that needed it. They are all lined up in my loungeroom at the moment...I'm hoping they fit back in the cupboard with 40 or 50 new arrivals!

Here are some pics:

I received Data to finish my First Contact 6" line:
About time I finished this crew!

All DS9 Console figures were included:
Good set here. Shame we didn't see the rest of the crew in this scale. I remember the grumblings back in the day about the cardboard, but it looks okay. Sisko's feet don't quite touch the ground.

7" Space Talk:
Nice figures. Talking features work very well.

TNG 9":
Added Insurrection Riker, Insurrection Data, Ad'Har Ru'Afo, 2 x Borg, Sherlock Holmes Data & John Watson Geordi

TOS 9":
Generations Kirk (Very nice) & Talosian were the new figures here. I must have forgotten to ask for a Checov!

12":
Insurrection Riker was needed as I loved the movie dress uniform. It would have been better if the 12" Troi were wearing the movie dress uniform, but they went with the lavender. Mugato is a bit smaller than everyone else, but an awesome figure. POTA Kirk & Spock were the best additions here. Such amazingly beautiful figures & I'm glad to finally have them...I didn't think I ever would!

4.5" figures tomorrow... smile.gif

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:27 AM

I just love it when I hear that a few hundred more get opened!! I get great Pics to look at and mine become a bit more rare all at the same time!! biggrin.gif

#3 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Sep 19 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just love it when I hear that a few hundred more get opened!! I get great Pics to look at and mine become a bit more rare all at the same time!! biggrin.gif

Glad to help!

Aside from the added bulk of MOC collecting, I don't feel like I own a figure until I get that smell of the plastic...move all their joints about to make sure none are stuck....pose them with friends! biggrin.gif

I do very much admire MOC collectors though. I wish I had the money & space to buy two of each figure to keep one MOC, as they do look soo damn good in their packages, which certain people spent a lot of time & thought creating.

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

You know, that First Contact Picard is a good likeness.

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

Just out of curiosity, how does the scale of the 7" Space Talk series compare to the various 7" scales of the AA and DST lines?

#6 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'll do a comparison pic when I get home.

The Space Talk Borg is quite a bit smaller than the others...more like a 6" figure.

#7 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

Hmm, what about the 9" Borg compared to the DST figs?

Very cool haul!

#8 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for that, Artistix. Not too bad a match at all, scale-wise.

#9 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:02 AM

Stll have to take pics of TNG, DS9 & classic movies, but I got a few done today for 4.5"

Starfleet Academy
Only had the women. Now I only need Jean-Luc.

Transporter Series
Interesting uniforms! biggrin.gif Are Reg & Troi the same colouring as the first set?

Generations
Scotty, Skydiving Kirk & 19th Century Worf arrived. Just need Riker.

Voyager
Maquis Chakotay, Plum Seven, Mutated PJ Paris & Lt. Carey are added.

TOS
New to TOS are the Transporter series Kirk & Spock figures, as well as the Tholian Web Spock.

TNG, Classic movies & DS9 tomorrow.

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:01 AM

Wow you opened a Cobalt Blue Seven of Nine! Cool, I've never seen that one out of the package. That one can be hard to come by. Is that 4.5" Seven of Nine in Brown a custom figure, I can't remember that one. Looks like your only missing this one

I think that they only made 4 figures in the Star Fleet Academy set. Picard, Riker, LaForge, Worf, I think the others must be some sort of custom figures.

#11 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Sep 20 2007, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow you opened a Cobalt Blue Seven of Nine! Cool, I've never seen that one out of the package. That one can be hard to come by. Is that 4.5" Seven of Nine in Brown a custom figure, I can't remember that one.

It's the Toyfare exclusive purple/plum 7 of 9 figure. It just looks brown because of the lighting.

#12 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

Oh yeah that's the one I forgot to put on the website. Forget about that one. I have two but I never took a photo of either one, missed them both.

#13 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

Wow you opened a Cobalt Blue Seven of Nine! Cool, I've never seen that one out of the package. That one can be hard to come by. Is that 4.5" Seven of Nine in Brown a custom figure, I can't remember that one.

Looks like your only missing this one

Blue Seven & the blonde Beverly were exclusive to Australia I think, so there would have been little shortage of them here.
The Borgified Seven figure is in the back row.

I think that they only made 4 figures in the Star Fleet Academy set. Picard, Riker, LaForge, Worf, I think the others must be some sort of custom figures.

The rest of the series were in regular Warp Factor packages. I believe they made up a Warp Factor set. They are not customs. Where have you been Cookieman?? laugh.gif

#14 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Oh yeah they were not part of the "Cadet Series" they were from the later "Warp Factor Series" The Cadet Series had the disk in them were these do not.

They looked like this one from the website

And this one from the Cadet Series / Starfleet Academy . Different packaging and you can see the disk in the package.

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:06 AM

Deep Space 9
Crossover Sisko, Necessarily Evil Odo, Tosk & Hunter of Tosk added

TNG main
Transporter figures, Cadets (besides the women), 19th Century Worf & Picard as Galen are new

TNG non mains
Pulaski appears here again as you couldn't really see her in the other pic. Judge Q & Generations Scotty are the new guys.

He also sent me some Star Wars figures:

And thats everything. We're already discussing a second order with around 20 more figures we forgot in this order including 4.5" Garek, 4.5" Tom Riker & more...

Huge thanks to Don. smile.gif

#16 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:07 AM

Artistix, I love all your photos! Thanks so much for taking the time to put them together and share them. I, too, have most of the Playmates figures, but I can never be bothered taking apart my display case to do anything like this!

I LOLed at Tosk and Hunter in your DS9 photo. Very nice work having them glare at each other from across the crowd!

#17 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Gordo @ Sep 21 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I LOLed at Tosk and Hunter in your DS9 photo. Very nice work having them glare at each other from across the crowd!

Thought someone would notice! biggrin.gif

I like to have photographic references for my collections, I have them all listed as well, though only in a Word document...nothing fancy.

I'll take a pic of the 9" Borg next to an AA figure today Jedigreedo.

#18 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

Very nice Borg collection you've got there!

The 9" is bigger than I thought it'd be, but so is the Space Talk one, I thought it would be shorter after the comparison picture with Space Talk Picard & Riker, I may buy a couple to flank DST Locutus then. biggrin.gif

#19 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 20 2007, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transporter Series
Interesting uniforms! biggrin.gif Are Reg & Troi the same colouring as the first set?

They were never produced! The photos in the fold out included in the last set of figures shows them as they were intended to be a Target exclusive just like the Cobalt 7of9 and Blonde Crusher in FC uniform, but they were all canceled so they were never released in the US. Cobalt 7of9 and Blonde Crusher were released in Austrailia (and the UK I believe), but Transporter Troi and Barkley were never produced. Judging by the photos, I'd say that Reg would've been a reuse of either the LaForge or Data body and a simple headswap. The Troi would have been the same as the Yar body, but with obvious color and body die changes (not sure how difficult that would have been though).

The only transporter figure from the TNG line you're missing is the Toyfare Exclusive Transporting Tasha Yar. You can still find her available on certain websites (I think Forbidden Planet even has her).

#20 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Oct 4 2007, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were never produced!

Aww! sad.gif

Atleast that makes me feel better about Beverly's exclusion. I'd hate to have them all but her.....again! biggrin.gif

Cheers Wildcard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users