• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#81 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

Ok,didn't get to talk with Zach today,but did talk with another guy there who was more than willing to help. He said it was because the ST Select Borg and the Reliant weren't finished in time. And I said,well they could've done ONE of each just for display,and that's what he had said as well. So I asked what about NYCC? Will you have one for display then? And he wasn't too sure about that,probably not. And then we just talked non Trek stuff for a bit,like the not happening LiS Select that I would've LOVED to buy! MAYBE they'll do a Jupiter II.

And of course we finished our Trek talk with something else,and was told not to post. Yes,I KNOW you like to hear stuff,but not everything I hear at Comic-Con or NYCC I'm allowed to mention. Sometimes they even ask me not to post about it anywhere online,like today,so I'll have to be a total tease and leave it at that. Yes,go ahead and hate me,you're not the first. lol.

J-R!

Why would they tell random SDCC attendees "secrets?"

#82 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

Maybe I'm not that random. lol!

J-R!

#83 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

I just don't get why you'd mention being told something without telling us what it is! Also, if someone told me something in confidence (as in, don't post this on line), then I also wouldn't post about it (comes off as sounding like you're bragging).

Either way, don't take this as me trying to tell you what to do either - do what you like. Only reason I'm replying is to say I don't hate you, and I don't think anyone else does, and that the very nature of places like this is to exchange information between one another. 

#84 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Lol. Robster... You sure know how to wind the Trekkie's up...

I hope that what you're not allowed to mention or post is something positive for the DST Star Trek line?

#85 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:24 AM

I just don't get why you'd mention being told something without telling us what it is! Also, if someone told me something in confidence (as in, don't post this on line), then I also wouldn't post about it (comes off as sounding like you're bragging).

Either way, don't take this as me trying to tell you what to do either - do what you like. Only reason I'm replying is to say I don't hate you, and I don't think anyone else does, and that the very nature of places like this is to exchange information between one another. 

I think he just likes the attention. 😉

#86 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

LOL! Nah,I get enough attention as it is.

Yes,it does come off as bragging,will edit that post right now.

And yes,I sure do. LOL!  And yes again on the positive for the ST line,if it actually happens.

J-R!

#87 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

LOL! Nah,I get enough attention as it is.

Yes,it does come off as bragging,will edit that post right now.

And yes,I sure do. LOL!  And yes again on the positive for the ST line,if it actually happens.

J-R!

My guess is that DST are in talks with CBS and might be getting a licence for Star Trek 2017 and fingers crossed; perhaps the Kelvin Timeline too.

#88 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

If they do get the license we wont see a ship from it until 2019-2020

#89 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:31 PM

I would hope that if they got the licence to do product for the new series they'd put more resources towards it as per any agreement between DST and CBS on when they wanted product out by. 

#90 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

As long as it dosent delay any other ships.

#91 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

As long as it dosent delay any other ships.

Oh it will. I'd wager that if they got the license to Discovery (which I have to say, I imagine they will), you can join me in kissing goodbye to the possibility of getting the Defiant, Voyager and Enterprise-C for a long, long time.
Eaglemoss will have you covered ship-wise at least (might not be big and lit, but they'll be there with them).

#92 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

I think if diamond actually stuck to their plan of getting two new ships out a year they could do Voyager, the Defiant and Enterprise C as well as the hero ship(s) from Star Trek: Discovery AND Star Trek Beyond within the next 3 years, so if they actually went at Star Trek they'd easily be able to get all of the ships we really want from the prime timeline as well as those we want from the Kelvin timeline within the next 5 years.

#93 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

As far as I'm aware there are only a handful of classic ships that seem doable:

Defiant
Voyager
Enterprise C

Then you have some of the more recognisable alien ships such as the D7, maybe the Vor'Cha but realistically those three federation ships are the ones we really want to see.

So DST could do with Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek Beyond and the Kelvin Timeline to keep their line alive.

They could do one classic ship one new ship per year and have them all out before 2020.

As long as they improve the resources for Trek.

#94 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Why do people keep bringing up the movies all the time.  DST has stated on more than one occasion that they dont have the licence for the JJverse stuff.

#95 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:57 AM

I think to a lot of fans, including myself, feel that there is always some hope that eventually DST will indeed pick up that license.

So the idea if DST having the license to the movies won't go away easily.

#96 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

Because people want the same kind of products from the new movies as the old ones have been getting for years? There are probably just as many fans out there that want the JJPrise as some of the prime timeline ships we're still waiting on from DST.

Sure they don't have the license, but fans can dream man.... fans can dream.

#97 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:15 AM

Hasbro licensed certain people with Shapeways to make stuff; I wonder if the same can be done with CBS.  I would like to see the Kelvin-Enterprise be done by DST.  And the Kelvin. And Figures.  Ill be preordering around 2 or 3 of the Reliant when it comes up.  Disappointed that we haven't seen in yet; Im guessing its going to be the NYTF when we do.

#98 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

Why do people keep bringing up the movies all the time.  DST has stated on more than one occasion that they dont have the licence for the JJverse stuff.

Because people still want to see them get a license for the Kelvin Timeline, and because if you look through AskDST, they seem to continue to try to get such a license knowing that fans want them to have it. We know that they can't do anything from the Kelvin Timeline right now, but with three films in the can Paramount might change their tune about that in the future, especially since one of the reasons they didn't want to license the films to DST in the past was supposedly that they weren't interested in toys aimed largely at the collector's market yet, with the key word there being "yet." Now that both Playmates and Hasbro have failed with flying colors at producing the kind of line Paramount was originally looking for, it might make sense for them to go to a company like DST that's aimed at a different market, and that actively wants the license.

I would hope that if they got the licence to do product for the new series they'd put more resources towards it as per any agreement between DST and CBS on when they wanted product out by. 

I would think that 2019–2020 would be a realistic timeframe for a new ship, and I would hope that DST wouldn't rush the thing out the door lest it look like the infamous "First Contact" Enterprise–E that Playmates put out 20 years ago based on concept art. Besides, it's in both CBS and DST's best interest to wait a bit before releasing a toy of the U.S.S. Discovery if DST gets the license. Scramble to get it out the door in 2018 and you'll probably have a rushed sculpt that might not be as accurate as what could be accomplished with a bit more time, even if DST does what Art Asylum did under Play Along and uses the same digital files as CBS does. Additionally, any ship released in 2018 would likely only have sound clips from the first season on it depending on when production of the toy began, so waiting until 2019 or 2020 would allow DST to build up a decent number of audio clips to put onto the ship, which would make it feel more like their other recent releases. Game of Thrones didn't get toys until it was around for a few seasons, and the same is true of most other shows. I don't midn waiting a bit if the wait is worth it, and with DST, it pretty much always is.

#99 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Maybe I'm not that random. lol!

J-R!

it would be funny if you changed your name to Random Robster.

#100 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

It's the same old crap from them. Oh we have things but just can't show them to you. Good job DST once again!!!!!

Well, we didn't have things. Borg is still being sculpted, painted, diorama base being finalized. Reliant still being decoed or outputted or some such, I forget. Neither is at the factory yet., neither is being tooled and/or produced. We can't just "run one off," we're still working on the master prototype for each. There is ONLY one, and not even that. I was under the impression they would be ready, but they were not.

Now, the ROMULAN ship is at the factory, as is the Cobra phaser. I wish they had run off one of each of THOSE, even sans electronics, but they did not. The Romulan protoype is not even around any more, but I hope to get a working sample this month. Possibly same with the Phaser, I showed a lit photo at the panel (it's nothing I want to circulate at this time).

If that timeline doesn't work for people, I'm sorry. Work continues. I get enough smack talk from David Ellis on Twitter, asking why we're not at STLV -- well, because the people that make sure stuff gets done also work the shows. If we went to every show there would be no toys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users