• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3081 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

I had a similar issue, they skipped 88,89, and 96-99. I got the Daedalus and Bajoran ship a few weeks ago... it was odd. I guess I should email them...

#3082 trekkier

trekkier

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

I'm glad it's not just me. I was going to give them a call today

#3083 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

I dont have 98-99. Im confused why USS Rhode Island and Assimilated Borg Artic One are so in demand compared to the Daedalus (issue 100) that i received a few weeks ago. US customer service continues citing "out of stock" and no known restock dates. I was advised that id be emailed when the stock was in and had shipped to me and nothing before.

#3084 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

I received the Rhode Island and Arctic One, then the next shipment only had the Bajoran Freighter.  First time I've not gotten two in a shipment.

#3085 trekkier

trekkier

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

When I called them yesterday, they pretty much said the "out of stock" line with no ETA on the skipped issues.

#3086 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Well, that debate got tedious fast. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but 1701D said that the EM Enterprise-E was based on the "original" model.

That is not remotely true. It's a quite inaccurate model submitted by an FX company as an unsuccessful pitch for the Insurrection FX contract. It has never been seen on screen, and is therefore not screen-accurate. It was built by eye-balling VHS stills of First Contact for reference. With that in mind, it's impressively accurate, but way off in a lot of areas.

DST's model is the screen-used Nemesis CGI model. Yes, they probably had to make allowances for wiring, but EM had to make allowances for the ridiculously small scale of the first Enterprise-E release (and the model was muck to begin with!).

As for the Enterprise-D, yes - EM's source model was screen-used. I'm still undecided as to whether it's the Generations CGI model that was rebuilt for Foundation Imaging's work on DS9 and Voyager, or a re-tooling of Gabe Koerner's model used in the Enterprise finale. That one's proportions were all over the place.

In any case, the EM D isn't the best CGI model on the block - that would be the Tobias Richter/CBS-digital model used in the TNG Blu-Ray project.

#3087 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Well, that debate got tedious fast. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but 1701D said that the EM Enterprise-E was based on the "original" model.

That is not remotely true. It's a quite inaccurate model submitted by an FX company as an unsuccessful pitch for the Insurrection FX contract. It has never been seen on screen, and is therefore not screen-accurate. It was built by eye-balling VHS stills of First Contact for reference. With that in mind, it's impressively accurate, but way off in a lot of areas.

DST's model is the screen-used Nemesis CGI model. Yes, they probably had to make allowances for wiring, but EM had to make allowances for the ridiculously small scale of the first Enterprise-E release (and the model was muck to begin with!).

As for the Enterprise-D, yes - EM's source model was screen-used. I'm still undecided as to whether it's the Generations CGI model that was rebuilt for Foundation Imaging's work on DS9 and Voyager, or a re-tooling of Gabe Koerner's model used in the Enterprise finale. That one's proportions were all over the place.

In any case, the EM D isn't the best CGI model on the block - that would be the Tobias Richter/CBS-digital model used in the TNG Blu-Ray project.

Thanks for the info!  Im glad I know this now.

#3088 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

That info about the Ent-E jumbo is fascinating, I knew it was a rubbish model (the small scale I can forgive, but the pics of the jumbo show so far don't impress me), but I had no idea of that back story. I'd be interested to ask Ben about it.

#3089 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:00 AM

I'd be interested to see where Destructor got his info from :-)

#3090 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the info!  Im glad I know this now.

I actually have one of the Screen used CGI models of the D I would have been happy to donate but I don't remember which version it is. DS9 or Enterprise.

#3091 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

New previews are up:

Klingon Bird of Prey in attack mode:
Eaglemoss_107_Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_Attac

Cheyenne class USS Ahwahnee:
108_Ahwanee.jpg

Finally, the Jumbo NX-01:
XL_NX-01.jpg

#3092 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

Well at least the Cheyenne looks good.

#3093 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Any updates fellow collectors?

#3094 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

Unboxing of the jumbo Enterprise E

https://youtu.be/Li_qr7ZhcU8

#3095 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

I hate being negative, I really do, but considering the amount of praise I've given Eaglemoss over the years (years...jesus lol!), I feel I should call out anything they get badly wrong.

This is the worst model I've seen them produce so far, by a long shot for me. I love the Enterprise-E, and obviously it'd take a lot to beat DST's version, but this is surprisingly bad. From the side view, the saucer and other areas (bussards) appear to be so 'thick' as to make it look like the early Playmates version. Why they didn't commission a new CG model for this upscaled size, I've no clue.

I still think they'll do a great job with Voyager (as the small model is so good anyway) and the Defiant, but I'll reiterate just once more, these jumbo ships have been such a let-down. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do better with the Enterprise-C (which really does need an entirely new model), but I'm no longer hopeful.

EDIT: Forgot to say, thanks for posting the video Hobs. :)

EDIT 2: 1701D, any comment on the pylons seen at 3:46? They're about half-as-thick again as DST's version!

#3096 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

I still think they'll do a great job with Voyager (as the small model is so good anyway) and the Defiant, but I'll reiterate just once more, these jumbo ships have been such a let-down. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll do better with the Enterprise-C (which really does need an entirely new model), but I'm no longer hopeful.

Yeah I think some of the better models like the Akira, Fed Scout, Delta Flyer, Prometheus and E-J would do better when upscaled.

#3097 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

I was underwhelmed with the original E model and I was really looking forward to the jumbo E. The jumbo size suits much better but the bussards are terrible! Minor errors you only notice looking closely I'm not too bothered about, but even at a distance the bussards stick out like a sore thumb as clearly wrong. I'll still buy it though, but I expected better.

#3098 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ugh. That thing looks bad.

You can say EM listens to their customers all you want, but they sure haven’t with these jumbos yet. They just keep throwing them together and selling them without fixing anything.

I’m still hoping Voyager and Defiant don’t look bad when upscaled, because i really want good sized models of those ships.

#3099 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

I'd be interested to see where Destructor got his info from :-)

Memory Alpha references my story there, they refer to the failed-bid model by Doug Lombardi of Digital Muse being used on this book cover:

NZR2WwO.jpg

Note the blunt-edged and spread-open deflector trench compared to the physical model, and screen-used Insurrection CGI model.

I can't remember where the full history of this CGI model was laid out, I thought it was Doug Drexler's long-defunct blog, but I can't find full reference to it there now.

I actually have one of the Screen used CGI models of the D I would have been happy to donate but I don't remember which version it is. DS9 or Enterprise.

Fascinating! What format is it in? If you could post a render, I might be able to ID it.

As to the Eaglemoss E, yes, I wish they had used a different source model, but the level of detail on it looks very nice. I'm not sure there are any other pre-made models of the ship in that scale that can compete. Not a patch on the DST versions, though, obviously.

#3100 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Alright. I just spoke to one of the managing directors for subscribers for US customers. First up is that issues 98-99 had an issue with the factory only producing about 30% of what the order volume should have been. It is anticipated that they will be in stock by next week and shipped out immediately. If you dont see those issues in 2-3 weeks, id be giving them a call.

Secondly, for US subscribers at least, the collection has reached the final "100" issues that they were contracted to sell/distribute. So for all intents and purposes, the US Eaglemoss subscription is "over" because they havent received in anything further yet. Im not sure if this affects our friends in the UK. It is anticipated that those issues will be coming in early September and they will expand the collection to the 120 limit. So long story short, there shouldnt be a shipment for US customers in August unless they are behind in the subscription or have back issues due (like 98-99). Or of course, things change...🤞

I also pointed out that the project manager (Ben) stated the collection was 130 issues at this point, but the guy said the US customer care & distribution is subject to what is given to them through the system based in the UK. So no work arounds there.

I hope this information proves useful to my fellow American Trekkies and gives a bit of a timeline to hopefully an end to the logistics nightmare that is the US subscription. Or at least this current problem.

I saw another video comparing the Enterprise D oversized model to the regular issue Enterprise D. The color is SOOOO much better on the oversized but yeah, its still got lost of issues.

I looked at Diamond Selects Enterprise E (Nemesis) version and then side by side compared to an unboxing of the Eaglemoss Enterprise E.... im so disappointed at the quality and paint on the eaglemoss version. Its too white and yeah, those Bussard collectors are not right at all.

However, at a distance, they still look alright and most non-trekkies dont know the difference and even random non-die hard fans simply appreciate the vessels physical form as a model. Most people think i built my oversize 1701 myself which is a good thing i guess.

But as a collection completionist, ill probably end up buying these when theres another 30% off or something. Then my kids can sell my collection one day after i die for some cash or something. 😂

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users