• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

I can't wait for this...the more classic Trek Tek, the better!

Sallah

#22 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

I wish they would do every phaser version shown. I will definately be getting this one.

#23 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Oct 7 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish they would do every phaser version shown. I will definately be getting this one.

I agree!!! spock2.gif

#24 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

I'd love to see every (or nearly every) single phaser too. The only ones I'm not interested in is the weird blocky phaser from TVH, and the giant dustbuster phaser from early TNG. Considering the features they're filling the TWOK phaser with, I can only imagine how much fun an assault phaser from them would be!

#25 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:58 AM

I have always wanted a Phaser rifle...I always had hoped Playmates would have made one but nooo.....so maybe, just maybe DST will.

#26 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

I've asked countless times about a phaser rifle of any kind. The answer is always "probably not". Not "maybe" or "we'll see". Overall cost and size will prevent DST from ever coming out with a rifle in the Trek Tek line. Maybe if DST ends up doing higher end Trek props one day, but it won't be in the Tek line and it won't be cheap. You're probably better off getting a rifle from Rod.com because either you'll end up holding your breath forever or you'll end up paying the same amount in the end anyway.

#27 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I don't know...after hearing that they are doing a full size captain's chair, I'm of the opinion that anything is at least possible wink.gif

Sallah

#28 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

Like I said, if they do a rifle, it will be a high end item like the captain's chair. It won't be a mass released item nor will it be under $100.

#29 DSTMatt

DSTMatt

Toys before the light bill.

• VIP
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

EVERY time we talk about what to do next I suggest the Phaser Rifle. Right there with you!

Maybe some day...

#30 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

Then there could be hope for one yet. My choice would be the FC/INS/NEM Rifle. That thing just kicks ass!

#31 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (DS9_Fan @ Oct 9 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then there could be hope for one yet. My choice would be the FC/INS/NEM Rifle. That thing just kicks ass!

I absolutely agree...

#32 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

Keep fighting for us Matt! Any and all rifles would be welcome!

#33 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

I want a Search For Spock phaser. That's my favorite design.

#34 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

The TSFS phaser has a special place in my heart. My first prop replica was the TSFS phaser. I would love it if DST did one. It would be nice if they did all the movie phasers. Plus a Cage laser.

If I had to guess what was coming next in the Tek line, it would be the Cage laser.

#35 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

I'm thinking it could be a TWOK Tricorder or wrist communicator.

#36 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

The wrist communicator wasn't very interesting, visually, and didn't have any lights that would give it play appeal. the flip-top comm would be a better release.

#37 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

I wonder if the TMP/TWOK wrist comm. would be better in a 2-pack with the TMP tricorder? Both seem relatively small, and neither seem to need very much in the electronics department. Even the tricorder doesn't seem to have much in the way of lights, the prominent feature of both would likely be a handful of phrases.

#38 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Oct 10 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The wrist communicator wasn't very interesting, visually, and didn't have any lights that would give it play appeal. the flip-top comm would be a better release.

http://www.trektoy.c...age/wok-com.MOV

#39 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

I think a Trek Tek 2 pack of The TSFS Phaser and Communicator would be awesome. The props in that movie were good, they seemed trying to be taking the good elements of the original props and just make them sleeker and cooler.

#40 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

I never liked the idea of two packs for Trek Tek. There is only so much money they can put into a release to keep the retail price at a certain level. When you split the cost of one release between two items, you significantly cut down on what you could do with each separate prop. I'd rather have one phaser or one communicator with as much as many features and detail and accuracy they can fit into it than have two items packed together that have to have corners cut on both to keep the price down.

Remember the Enterprise phase pistol had to be shrunk down 25%-30% in size to allow it to be packed in with the communicator because they had to limit the packaging size due concerns with in-store shelf space as well as storage and shipping space. Quality and features of both were also cut down due to it being a two pack that had to meet a certain price level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users