• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#161 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I believe Troi was made for retailers at the retailer summit. Not sure how they offered it to others. The TWoK figures may have been sold by different retailers at the con.

#162 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

I hate to say this... but as much as I love the concept of exclusives...it really annoys me that situations like these happen.... gouging people this hard across the board (scalpers) is just inexcusable..... I realize its no ones intention, as far as the companies go for loyal fans to be

#163 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

.... left out in the dark....its just that its very disappointing to have this happen as an avid collector. I for one really wanted to get one of these....but not for 200.00....and I have to disagree at a 200 piece limited run...I think the price may fluctuate a bit but generally they will get harder and harder to find...meaning they will go for more money over time....also this is not some pointless variant like a gold Enterprise.... lets face it...its cool like the Black Series Boba/Solo SDCC exclusive....

#164 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't think you can compare the two. I think the ONLY Han Solo frozen in Carbonite they're gonna make (is that right?) is a far more important part of a Star Wars collection than an unpainted, non-electronic variant of a ship we've released twice.

One way in which they are similar is in markup. On eBay, Boba is going for $85-$99 -- about twice the $45 con price. Meanwhile, the cloaked BoP asking price has dropped to as low as $120 WITH shipping -- about twice the $60 con price.

There a few more that sold for $140 with shipping, and that new "Make an offer" function has been put to use, as well – who knows how much that guy paid. Prices are much, much lower than they were.

The prices may rebound in the future, but right now the overall demand seems to be a lot lower than what people thought. If you're worried about long-term value, as new fans discover its existence, then I'd buy one sooner rather than later.

#165 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I believe Troi was made for retailers at the retailer summit. Not sure how they offered it to others. The TWoK figures may have been sold by different retailers at the con.

Yes, the red Troi was a retailer summit exclusive, The WOK figures were sold individually by the retailers who had the exclusive, and if you bought them all, you could go to the DST booth and get the free Kentucky Fried Khan figure, also known as crispy Khan or Battle damaged Khan.

#166 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

As someone here said, I'd rather not go to the con and just buy it. I'd say that $120 is a darn less then even the one way ticket to the place. Heck my buddies and I would eat that much in food as expensive as that place is.

#167 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

As someone here said, I'd rather not go to the con and just buy it. I'd say that $120 is a darn less then even the one way ticket to the place. Heck my buddies and I would eat that much in food as expensive as that place is.

Mark, i think you must be one of the most levelheaded people i know. Looking at it from that perspective , your right. I guess thats why you are in charge of a company , because you dont flip out over stuff like i have most of my life. I do wish that DST was more concerned about their core base of fans, but its not enough to really fuss about like i did. I dont even collect figures or ships anymore because i feel like i would rather put money into something that i get more use out of. I buy some Xbox 360 games, DVDs and Bluray movies and TV series. I have really been enjoying watching TNG on bluray! Its almost like watching it the first time again, its looks so good! Great special features too! I still like Star Trek collectibles, i just felt like when i got something, it just sat on the shelf and was not longer useful other than to look at once in awhile for a few seconds. I get more use and enjoyment from my games and movies and tv shows than i did from my figures and ships. You can also use the collectors savvy to find rare versions and good deals on games and movies as well so all of my years collecting has not been in vain.

#168 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

I dont even collect figures or ships anymore because i feel like i would rather put money into something that i get more use out of.

Where am I?

#169 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Where am I?

Well, not sure yet, ive known Mark for about 10 years, way back in the Art Asylum collectors club days, so its easy to say that about him. Get back with me around this time in 2023! Maybe DST will have a Voyager line out by then.

#170 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

I think Zach is trying to point out that he's posting on "Trektoy.com", and more specifically, a thread talking about DST toy ships... which you have been  arguing about and then just said you don't even collect figures and ships... which means your not a customer or a demographic that he or DST is interested in... at least I think that's his point, but I could be wrong.

#171 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

The price seems to be coming down on these. I just won one on eBay for $103 and the seller immediately put up another for auction.

#172 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Guess some scalpers got all the ships then,lol!

J-R!

#173 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

The price seems to be coming down on these. I just won one on eBay for $103 and the seller immediately put up another for auction.

You were bidding against me...i made a buy it now deal on another one though.

#174 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

The seller claims to be a sister company of DST. I'd never heard of them before but they've had a lot of Trek stuff lately (including another cloaked BOP Mike).

#175 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

great, BadBunnyMike! Sounds like you were able to get one for a price your comfortable with.

#176 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

I think Zach is trying to point out that he's posting on "Trektoy.com", and more specifically, a thread talking about DST toy ships... which you have been  arguing about and then just said you don't even collect figures and ships... which means your not a customer or a demographic that he or DST is interested in... at least I think that's his point, but I could be wrong.

That was what I was saying. I'm here to talk to collectors, and potential customers, and I assumed everybody in this thread was invested in the product under discussion, or the line that it belongs to. In the future I may have to refrain from debating people about the current state of the industry until I find out the last product they bought, and what year it was.  :lol:

#177 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hahahha right Zach! I agree 100% for sure. 

As for getting one at a price i was comfortable with...that is under debate haha. I was more comfortable with my friend having 60 bucks in her had at 9am opening day of SDCC only to have them sold out. I just bit the bullet and paid over double retail i will say that much. Grrr.....I knew if I didn't get one I never would. 

#178 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

That was what I was saying. I'm here to talk to collectors, and potential customers, and I assumed everybody in this thread was invested in the product under discussion, or the line that it belongs to. In the future I may have to refrain from debating people about the current state of the industry until I find out the last product they bought, and what year it was.  :lol:

been theere done that.............twice.........had to make my own shirt.

#179 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Having bought every Star Trek figure and ship that AA/DST ever put out up until recently certainly qualifies me to speak about the products, their quality and register any complaints i may have with them. I also will say that part of the reason i am no longer a potential customer of yours and sold off all of your products i bought is directly related to the complaints i have made about DST and its ways of doing business. Stick that in your pipe and smoke buddy.

#180 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yeah... but VF... as they like to say around these parts... you no longer have a dog in that hunt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users