• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#121 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

wow Luke's face look good on your fig but the one i have looks like crap.

#122 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

Wow. Luke looks good. I like the dull coat and he looks much better without the cookie monster eyes.

#123 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

I don’t know why but he looks better in the pic. lol. But the hair color is off it’s all brown he does not have the mole on his face like the N.H. Luke has.

IMG_0497_zpsfb203a0b.jpg

#124 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

I wonder if some of them get screwed up during production in the molding process and that's why some people are reporting horrible sculpts.

#125 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

only this fig looks bad to me the rest of them look good esp. Chewbacca. but N.H. Luke looks like him.

#126 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Here is Luke with the new removable Tunic I made....My friend pointed out it should have been black/dark gray not dark brown....so I may make another....

l1_zps347b391f.jpg

l2_zpsea3a34e8.jpg

l3_zps5b01edb9.jpg

#127 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

I thought about doing the same thing. It looks good. Also if you can pick up an extra Darth Maul. Lukes head swaps to that body and makes a pretty nice jedi luke.

#128 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

The thing that has really turned me off to this collection is at first they came with all kinds of extras and now the things that should be with them arent.  Jedi Luke,Anakin and Obi Wan should have come with Jedi robes. In fact they really dont come with much of any thing.

#129 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

They really do seem skimpy on the accessories. Hasbro needs to tweek the Black Series a bit...

#130 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

Honestly, the accessories situation doesn't bother me. The part that bugs me are waves that have both a Storm/Clone Trooper re-paint and then a second re-release. I'm okay with one retread, but two? This next wave with the TIE-Fighter retread, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper Han (Cool, but head-swap) and only one all-new figure? The Episode VII stuff better be phenomenal to stall us out with all this. I only got the Han because the only pre-order available without the other two that I found was he and Bossk. The Bossk only pre-order was sold out. I got Yoda from eBay for the same reason in the last wave. Wasn't interested in the Clone Trooper or TIE-Pilot and already had Obi-Wan.

That said...if it works for them and they don't cancel the line...this process DOES work for my pocket book for now.

#131 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Its not so much accessories as it is things that complete the figure. No Jedi cloaks makes no sense.

#132 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

I really liked this line when it first came out but figures started getting hit or miss with quality. I love all the troops but there are only so many I can buy. Then we get sculpts that go from looking great like Darth Maul and X Wing Luke to soft cartoonish looking sculpts like Obi Wan, and Jedi Luke. Even Han could be better. My favorite so far is Boba Fett. I agree with the re releases and repaints, That gets a little old, but that is what these big chains are known for. If they plan to do 4 figures per wave then I would like to see at the very least two new figures per wave. three would be ideal. I was all in when they started but have quickly gone to pick and choose now. I cant tell you how many tie fighter pilots and clone sergeants I have passed up in the last two months. Also seeing what is coming ahead from toy fair left me kind of under whelmed.

#133 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

The Emperor figure really looked off.  The cloak was way to short and he seemed to tall.  It was just weird when the first four figures had so much in turns of stuff they came with and then right with the second wave it dropped off.  Did they look at the first four and think the cast was to much and then readjusted the line?

#134 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

The Emperor figure really looked off.  The cloak was way to short and he seemed to tall.  It was just weird when the first four figures had so much in turns of stuff they came with and then right with the second wave it dropped off.  Did they look at the first four and think the cast was to much and then readjusted the line?

The Emperor looks terrible.... Have to agree with you.... Yoda was a big let down also compared to the prototype images.... Some people on the Rebelscum forums have actually repainted some of the figures and they look a lot better.... So the sculpts are okay its just the awful paint apps that don't help...

I do have to say that I am looking forward to the Hoth stuff.... The Han and Luke look pretty good so far but that could change by the time they hit the shelves.

#135 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

The Emperor looks terrible.... Have to agree with you.... Yoda was a big let down also compared to the prototype images.... Some people on the Rebelscum forums have actually repainted some of the figures and they look a lot better.... So the sculpts are okay its just the awful paint apps that don't help...

I do have to say that I am looking forward to the Hoth stuff.... The Han and Luke look pretty good so far but that could change by the time they hit the shelves.

Yeah Yoda was way off.  His proportions made him look like a midget.  It really turned me off to the line.  Very sad to see where they started and to where they are.

#136 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

I've been contemplating getting into this line, but there seems to be mixed opinions as to its quality so i'm not sure where to start. 

I'm interested in the Episode 3 Obi Wan figure, I see them everywhere, and they don't seem the greatest......

Also interested in Episode 3 Anakin, I have never seen him in stores so I'm not sure how he looks in person. 

Do any of you have these figures? If so, whats your opinion on them?

#137 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

I've been contemplating getting into this line, but there seems to be mixed opinions as to its quality so i'm not sure where to start. 

I'm interested in the Episode 3 Obi Wan figure, I see them everywhere, and they don't seem the greatest......

Also interested in Episode 3 Anakin, I have never seen him in stores so I'm not sure how he looks in person. 

Do any of you have these figures? If so, whats your opinion on them?

I saw Obi Wan in a store last week.  He was ok.  Nothing to right home about.  Not seem Anakin yet.

#138 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...pf_rd_i=desktop

Anakin seems to look pretty decent, but its hard to say. 

#139 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Anakin is about the same quality level as Obi-Wan.... Definitely not as good as some of the other figures but not absolutely terrible either.

#140 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

There are some good things about Anakin and some annoying ones too. The overall body sculpt is great. The head sculpts are just ok. The sith head looks the best but does not fit as far down his neck as it should so it looks off. I may try heating up the head and pushing it farther down on the  peg to see if that helps. I would say if you can get it for a decent price then its worth it but If I had it to do over again I would not have paid full price for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users