• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

Could be from Star Trek or any other property.

For Star Trek:

I'd like to see Mega Bloks continue their line and launch a new line of construction sets for this year featuring sets based upon TOS, TNG and especially DSC.

An Enterprise D set (perhaps smaller than their 50th Anniversary Enterprise) would be amazing as would the TNG bridge as well as the shuttle craft Galileo and of course the ship(s) from Star Trek: Discovery.

I'm looking forward to some cool TNG tie ins to celebrate the 30th Anniversary too. Art books etc

Looking forward to what cbs put out in terms of merchandise for Discovery.

Eaglemoss' continued success with Star Trek and especially the large ships they're releasing.

From Lego:

Im looking forward to seeing the Lego Ideas Saturn V rocket, I think that'll look amazing.

Would love to see Lego do a creator Lamborghini set like they've done with Ferrariand other car makers.

#2 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

DST: I'd like to have the Reliant, and I'd like to see the Defiant, or a K't'inga class.

Eaglemoss: Keep doing what you're doing, they're making everything I want.

Round 2/AMT Ertl: More pre-painted 1:2500 scale ships, maybe even larger scale. Top of the list is a bigger Defiant as always, but I'd really love a Refit/Reliant/C/K't'inga.

The Wand Company: A Boomerang or Dolphin phaser TV remote.

#3 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

DST: uh right now just the Reliant and some news on the next ships.

Eaglemoss: A large scale Prometheus, Akira, and Enterprise-J  A large scale runabout would be welcome as well.

#4 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

For Eaglemoss I'm looking forward to seeing the super sized D and E, hoping we'll get a USS Franklin and USS Enterprise A from Beyond in some form and obviously stuff from Discovery.

Looking forward to the super sized 1701 coming in a matter of weeks too.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

For me.

DST's Reliant, I doubt it but we'll see.

Eaglemoss Franklin and Beyond Enterprise A.

QMx's mini master Trek ships, maybe a new movie era commbadge.

I'd love more ships from mega blocks, preferably at the D7 size if possible since it's actually affordable. I'd love another big collectors set too.

From The Wand Company, I'd like a TNG Phaser remote and the new 12th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver.

#6 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

I want to see the start of a TNG line from Funko. Hopefully more detailed than their TOS one was. 

#7 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

I just started collecting the Batman Animated figures from DC Collectibles so whatever else they've got in store has my interest.

Since DST still has the rights, I'd love to see them offer Star Trek Minimates for the 30th Anniversary of TNG. I'm picturing at least a box set with enough parts that allows collectors to create other characters and build a complete bridge crew with just a couple purchases. A proper series of 2-packs would be great but my expectations are high enough as it is.

Other than that, I can't honestly think of anything that's gotten me excited about toys in 2017, especially since I got out of Star Wars a couple years back.

#8 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

I just started collecting the Batman Animated figures from DC Collectibles so whatever else they've got in store has my interest.

Ive got the giant Batmobile from TAS I hope we eventually get the Batman Beyond Batmobile.

#9 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

First things first, I really really NEED an MCU Vision.   While I’d prefer a Marvel Legends, I’ll take a Select at this point.

And speaking of Select, I’d really like the Star Trek Select to continue (doesn’t look good to me – lots of these are warming pegs, and lingering online unsold.)
Here’s my Select Wishlist (in order of WANT):
Borg Drone (human) with all sorts of interchangeable parts (I will buy multiples to construct all the variants)
Borg Queen (I cannot stand the Heil Hitler statue they made  WTF!??!?!)
Seven of Nine (both full Borg and Voyager crewmember variants)
Captain Janeway
Captain Sisko
TOS Scotty in Jeffries Tube display
TOS Sulu with Helm (and targeting scope!!!)
TOS Chekov with Navigators Station
TAS Arex with Navigators Station (either Navigator can be displayed with Sulu)
TOS Uhura with Communication Station
TOS Spock and Kirk with respective Bridge stations
TOS movie figures/statues
Mirror Mirror figures/statues
Voyager and DS9 crew  & Next Gen crew
These are all pipe dreams.  I’d be surprised if we get any more Select after Khan.

And, oh yeah, I am 100% on board Eaglemoss.  I’ll keep buying until they stop
wishlist  in order, from most wanted:
USS Columbia (TOS era Scout class  from the Franz Joseph Tech Manual)
USS Newton (nuTrek)
USS Constellation (Doomsday Machine)
glow-in-the-dark USS Defiant (Tholian Web)
landed Voyager with extended landing gear
landed Klingon BoP wings up with extended landing gear
a proper Borg cube
Klingon Battlecruiser cloaked (clear plastic)
Romulan Battlecruiser
Kronos One
USS Kelvin (NOT super-sized - a normal part of the collection)
USS Ptolemy (TOS era Transport class from the Franz Joseph Tech Manual)
USS Armstrong (nuTrek)
assimilated Voyager
Year of Hell Voyager
Shuttlepod (Motion Picture/Wrath of Khan)
Workerbee (Motion Picture)
Regula One
K-7
Jem'Haddar Battleship

DST Ships.
Reliant (I put this as a “wish” for 2017, because God knows when/if…)
I really really want a DST scaled K’Tinga.  Actually three (to display them in the Motion Picture formation).  Then a Kronos One variant, then TOS Battlecruiser and Romulan Battlecruiser variants.
USS Voyager.  Then a landed Voyager with landing gear, an assimilated Voyager, a Year of Hell Voyager, an Endgame Voyager;  I will buy any Voyager variant then can dream up.
I cannot keep going with a DST ship wishlist.  I get too depressed.

DST props
I’ll put the requisite Phaser Rifle, even though we will probably NEVER get a Diamond Select rifle
I’d be on board for Next Gen / DS9 / Voyager phasers and tricorders

NECA
More Ash!   I need more Bruce Campbell on my shelf
Resurrection Ripley, more Marines, many more Kenner Aliens; I will buy anything Alien
Same for Predator – keep them coming, and I will continue to empty my wallet.  We need a Dillon.
I really hope we get Cinemachines Sulaco and Nostromo
Jason X !!  !   I sometimes think I am the only person in the Universe who loves this movie.
More DC “surprise” figures.  We need a Burt Ward Robin, and some TV show Batvillians.  And some more Burton/Schumacher figures.  Dark Knight Batman would be righteous.  Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern ?   Ok, now I’m pushing it.

Marvel Legends
This one is hard to think about, except for the MCU figures we never got, as there aren’t many characters left I would want.
Maybe a comics Doc Ock ?  Lizard ?  Fantastic Four ?  Doctor Doom ?
I’d love XMen movies figures, but those will never happen

DC Films
More more more !    Justice League. Man of Steel.  Nolan Batman series.  Burton/Schumacher Batman series (somebody needs to make a Nicholson Joker action figure!!!!)
Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern ?   I think I am the only person in the Universe who loves this movie.

DC Icons
Again  more more more.  There is no reason we cannot get updated versions of our entire DCUC collection.  Take my money please ! ! !  I am partial to Green Lantern, so I’d say I’d want those the most.

STAR WARS
The Star Wars thing I am into the most is the Disney Store diecast ships.  A year ago, I was going nuts getting every last one I could find.   Really great ships, and only $20.00 ! !    This series needs to continue:  I need a squadron of TIE Interceptors, a Shuttle Tyderium, some AT-STs, a U-Wing, some TIE Strikers, an Imperial Cargo Shuttle, etc etc.   A truly great series that should have continued; great detail, perfect size, great price.

Star Wars Black (here’s my wishlist, in order of WANT)
Gamorrean Guard
A properly made Emperor in throne
Endor Luke and Leia on Speederbikes
Luke on Tauntaun
Darth Maul concept (Spiderlegs)
Imperial Probe Droid
(my list used to be longer, but Hasbro recently announced pretty much my entire wishlist!!)

Oh, and I really love Eaglemoss.  I’d love for them to make Alien/Aliens ships, Babylon 5/Crusade, Battlestar Galactica (both shows), Firefly, 2001, Blade Runner, Futurama, U.F.O. and Space 1999 ships.

And I would spend a fortune on a Real Spaceships series:  Saturn V, Shuttles, Mercury and Gemini capsules, Apollo Command and Lunar modules, Skylab, etc.

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

The big issue with the Disney die cast ships is that they are prone to warping, which means you have to buy them in store.

I'm really surprised they didn't make a U-Wing to go along with Rogue One.

I'd love for them to make some prequel ships too.

A Venator Class Jedi Cruiser, an Episode 2 and 3 Jedi Starfighter, an Arc-170, the Acclimator class assault ship, and an AT-TE.

It doesn't matter if you liked the movies or not, the prequels had some great ship designs.

#11 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

DST: I'd like to see TOS movie Communicators & Tricorders (Trek 3 & 5).

Wand:  I want a TOS Tricorder multi-media player (to complete the Landing Party set).

#12 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

The big issue with the Disney die cast ships is that they are prone to warping, which means you have to buy them in store.

I'm really surprised they didn't make a U-Wing to go along with Rogue One.

I'd love for them to make some prequel ships too.

A Venator Class Jedi Cruiser, an Episode 2 and 3 Jedi Starfighter, an Arc-170, the Acclimator class assault ship, and an AT-TE.

It doesn't matter if you liked the movies or not, the prequels had some great ship designs.

I'd like to see them do the Finalizer.  You know would it really kill hasbro to do a revival of the collector fleet I wouldn't mind getting a starship legensds style Imperial class star destroyer or SSD or Finalizer.

#13 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:12 AM

Ive got the giant Batmobile from TAS I hope we eventually get the Batman Beyond Batmobile.

As inexpensive as the first release is now, I'm glad I waited to jump into the line because the deluxe version appeals to me more. The figures and batsignal that come with it are a huge plus, too. And with the Expressions Pack they're offering, I can display multiple Batman figures with different looks. 

The Batwing, however... That's like furniture.

#14 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:46 AM

Ahh...what I want I'll never get. I'd like a complete 6" or 7" scale TNG Season One crew: Picard, Riker, Data, Troi, Worf, LaForge, Crusher, Wesley, Yar, O'Brien. Troi's Bun, Wesley's rainbow sweater, an alternate head for Tasha with closed eyes and the red splotch. Plus a collection of season one aliens. 

Like I said...not happening. But I can still think about it!

#15 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

EM are doing an Alien collection,but only seen figurines so far. Can't remember if they showed any ships at Comic-Con last summer,but they should be there again this year and if they are I'll go by and have a look,and hopefully talk with Ben again about some upcoming stuff.

#16 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

EM are doing an Alien collection,but only seen figurines so far. Can't remember if they showed any ships at Comic-Con last summer,but they should be there again this year and if they are I'll go by and have a look,and hopefully talk with Ben again about some upcoming stuff.

There's a recent post in the starship collection thread with a video of an interview with Ben from EM.  It's kind of hard to hear.  He's asked briefly about the "specials" for Aliens and then he mentions some ship names such as Sulaco.  So it sounds like the ships are the specials of that line.

#17 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

I'd love to see the return of a traditional line of toys for Star Trek Discovery.

I'd like to see QMx finally release their history of space flight ships seen in Into Darkness. I'd love a decent £400/500 replica ship between 15 - 20 inches long. Just the popular ships; TOS Enterprise, Enterprises D, NX-01, Kelvin, Enterprise 2009, Reliant, refit 1701.

#18 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

This is a sort of transcript from Facebook user Garth Duran:

"Many thanks to youze guys (Dave Combe and Tony Robinson) for the Q&A video with Ben Robinson. Really makes collecting these things a lot of fun. :)

Questions for Ben! Take 2 (rev. 1)

Are they planning a mirror uni Warp Delta or SS Emmette variant?

No but not we would never do them. The TOS Ent, NX Ent, and Defiant are the entirety of mirror uni ships planned for the partwork.

Status of Phase II Ent?

Its coming. (see next question)

Which Planet of the Titans Ent is gonna be a reg release and which one's gonna be a con special?

The two Adam/McQuarrie concepts are delayed due to legal complications.
In lieu, theyre gonna do Matt Jefferies Phase II Ent refit and Andy Proberts Ent-C prototype design.

Why is the Type 15 shuttle called the Aldrin, a non-canon name?

Its Rob Bonchunes CG file and was used in Trek calendars; name from Rick Sternbachs list in book.

What's the 4th shuttle from the 3rd shuttle set?

Argo

Any word on the T'plana Hath or T'Pau (Apollo-class)?

Both are coming from Rob Bonchune, waiting two years for them. TPlana is in landed configuration.

The SC-4 mesh was mentioned by Fabio or Ed as upcoming. Can Ben confirm it as a reg issue?

Doesnt think its on the slate at all. Not saying they wouldnt do it in the future but its not planned now.

(note: it did briefly appear as coming soon text on one of the CG artists STSS gallery page, I swears it)

Not Trek-related: Which Alien/Aliens ships are they doing? Specials? Nostromo with refinery coming?

Nostromo sans refinery and Sulaco.

12-ship BSG partwork is coming from both Battlestar Galactica series (6 from each show): classic and new Galactica + classic, Mk. II, and Mk. VII Vipers + classic and new Cylon Raiders planned; maybe Colonial Raptor + Colonial One + Cylon Resurrection Ship

Will there ever be a Scimitar/Narada/Dominion Dreadnought?

Narada very unlikely due to complexity of design and materials required; Scimitar may be possible but its still problematic. No info re: dreadnought. All Nemesis CG files are lost.

When will he announce the next 5-10 issues?

Soon.

Any chance of a fixed Negh'var in the future?

Nah, unless its redone as a jumbo issue.

Will the Jumbo Refit, A, and C receive the same love as the Big TOS and D?

Indubitably. The As paint scheme is particularly problematic to match. Geometry of C is improved for jumbo version.

Are we going to see a D separation model? Or even the Prometheus in multi vector assault mode?

"They were always on the list but not, sort of, the first (in line to do)."

Will they be doing any Jumbo non hero ships such as Borg Cube, Bird of Prey etc

Not sure but therell be four jumbos a year and years to go.

150 extension?

Too early to tell.

Will Canadian subs ever start up again?

Not in Bens hands. Aware of problem.

Will you make the Yeager class and will you send Dennis 10 copies so he can really learn to love it? :P

Yeagers coming, Dennis. Wants to ensure that most canon Starfleet ships of the line are released in the 130.

Whats up with Shuttle Pack 2 at the webshop?

On hold whilst they sort the Type 15 shuttles registry issue. Set will eventually ship once thats fixed.

Why are they doing the concept version of the Type 7 shuttle rather than the onscreen design?

Andy Proberts preference.

Status of the Titan and Aventine?

Expected in the autumn, near the end of 2017. Reconfirmed that the Ent-F is possible if the first two sell well."

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Yeah Whirly,noticed that vid. Not watched it yet. It was posted after I posted my comment,lol! Guess I should've waited. They did a signing in London,at the Westfield owned mall,if I remember correctly. Would've been fun to be there,but hoping to see Ben at Comic-Con in July.

And can't WAIT to see what QMx,and everyone else,has to show at the con! Maybe there'll be some fun stuff at the UK and US Toy Fairs too. And those are coming up real soon!

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users