#21 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jun 11 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In their little plastic prison they will remain! Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa

Until transporter technology is a reality. Then we could just beam them out of the mint on card package and back. Who would know? biggrin.gif

#22 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 11 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until transporter technology is a reality. Then we could just beam them out of the mint on card package and back. Who would know? biggrin.gif

When transporter technology is available, no doubt replicator technology will be too, so then all you have to do is instruct the replicator to replicate as many MIB or MIP Star Trek figures as you want, i bet the packaging will be perfect every time!

#23 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

finally a solution to all the dst cancelled figures!

#24 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 11 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally a solution to all the dst cancelled figures!

DST already has replicator technology...unfortunately it only works on Kirks and Spocks.

Sallah

#25 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jun 13 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DST already has replicator technology...unfortunately it only works on Kirks and Spocks.

Sallah

Yes from time to time when the replicator get programed with something else other than Kirk and Spock it either takes it weeks and weeks to mateirlize or all you get to see is a picture of it lol

#26 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

There is a ROMULAN with good pics starting at $751.89 on ebay at the moment

#27 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

Yes, far too rich for my blood though.

#28 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

Man I want that... and TNG isn't even really my thing!

Sallah

#29 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Today's News from Rick

Finally, we have a customer that has a set of the Galoob Prototype Romulan and Wes (both carded) that he would like to sell. Please contact me at newforcecomics@aol.com if interested, for details.

Thank you,
Rick, www.newforcecomics.com

#30 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

I know that there are collectors out there with fat bank accounts that can pay thousands for pieces like the Romulan and Wesley, but i am not one of them. I would love to have them, but not enough to spend that much. As much driving around to stores looking for these back in the 80's as i did, Galoob should make a new run of these and give me a free set.

#31 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

So roughly how many of the Wes Crusher and Romuan were actually made?

#32 MarcelS

MarcelS

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Fat Valentino @ Oct 28 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So roughly how many of the Wes Crusher and Romuan were actually made?

On ebay
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1cc8e390

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1cc8e392

$3000 each roflmao.gif
who can afford them?

#33 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think I heard somewhere that there are typically 5 of each prototype made, I think it was on Toyhunter, a seller who made the item had his prototype and talked about how many they make and who they go to.

The Wesley looks to old. I think it might be derived from Q. The Romulan could be original or possibly Data resculpted.

A smart person would get them, open them, make molds and cast copies, but only a few at a time and pass them off as prototypes on Ebay. Would work as long as he didn't get caught by someone not afraid to open a package.

CCC.

#34 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm just curious how bad of a pegwarmer Wesley would have been. The Romulan seems like it would have been a nice figure to have, though.

#35 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I think only the completists and customizers would have bought Wesleys.

CCC.

#36 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

No a dishonest person who doesnt mind committing fraud on people would do that. Its one thing to make copies and say its a copy from an original its quite another to extort people out of their hard earned money by saying its real and giving them the false sense that they have something special. A lot of collectors like myself get to a stage where they are hunting the rare of the rare and would be devastated if they found out something they just dropped a few grand on was a fake.

QUOTE (Lord Mudd @ Oct 5 2012, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A smart person would get them, open them, make molds and cast copies, but only a few at a time and pass them off as prototypes on Ebay. Would work as long as he didn't get caught by someone not afraid to open a package.

CCC.

#37 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Oct 5 2012, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just curious how bad of a pegwarmer Wesley would have been. The Romulan seems like it would have been a nice figure to have, though.

Well, if they learned their lesson from the extra Rikers, I'd bet they wouldn't have released quite as many. I totally would have bought one. I was so jealous of Wesley. I totally wanted to be him. I was 9. Plus, there was a good handful of marketing to kids my age at that time. I remember something on a Cheerios box, I had stickers...I don't think it would have done badly. I bet if they had taken the risk to keep the line going it would have started to pay off. Plus, they could have done some easy re-releases with Riker, Geordi, and Worf repaints without extra retooling. Yes, that would have ment that Worf's Baldric would be wrong...but they still could have gone that route. Oh well.

#38 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Oct 8 2012, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No a dishonest person who doesnt mind committing fraud on people would do that. Its one thing to make copies and say its a copy from an original its quite another to extort people out of their hard earned money by saying its real and giving them the false sense that they have something special. A lot of collectors like myself get to a stage where they are hunting the rare of the rare and would be devastated if they found out something they just dropped a few grand on was a fake.

Perhaps I should have used the word clever, anyway, the point is there aren't supposed to be very many, yet they always seem to be available.

CCC.

#39 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Oops.

CCC.

#40 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Its ok, I see what you mean now. Its unfortunate though that it happens. I have talked to a few collectors who got out of it because they blew a few grand on a supposed ultra rare item and it turned out to be a very good reproductions in some way.

A friend of mine has run a toy shop for ten yrs and somebody still got one over on him. They brought in what was thought to be a mint on card original 70's Darth Vader. Everything was 100% right about it while he looked at it during the transaction. He paid $600 for it and one day when he was moving it around vaders light saber slid out of his arm and you could tell it was a fake one because the color wasnt right at all. Then he started dig around the net and found out the card was a reproduction card that is sold on ebay to be nearly 100% original for people who want to recard figures and the only way you can tell its not is by using a magnifying glass. I even looked at it and it had me convinced I mean everything was right about it and then he showed me the imperfections and they are really hard to spot. Con artist are getting better and better at this game.

QUOTE (Lord Mudd @ Oct 10 2012, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps I should have used the word clever, anyway, the point is there aren't supposed to be very many, yet they always seem to be available.

CCC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users