• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3281 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

The Aventine has escaped the gravitational anomaly that it was trapped in and safely arrived at space dock.

It looks like everything is in order and no misaligned prints. Overall I love it but do wish that it was a little larger.
It's a cool looking ship.
I also wish that it came with a magazine but I guess there isn't enough details about it to do a whole magazine for it.

Ermmm....mine came with a magazine.

#3282 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Well, after comments on here I couldn't resist the Nostromo. It and the NX jumbo arrived today. Wow. The NX is really really good. I'm a fan of the refit special, but this is something else again. I've been a bit sniffy about the price, but I sort of forgot about that once it was out the box. Easily the best NX model I've ever seen, and I have vivid memories of getting AA's NX back at the end of 2002 and being blown away by that.

The Nostromo is also impressive, the only other model I have of this is a little Japanese candy toy (in itself very good) that I got in 2003/4. Glad I got it, and I fear I won't be able to resist the Sulaco which can't be far behind.

On the jumbo's, I can't say I'm going to go back and catch up. I might dip into the 1701, and I've got my Voyager pre order, but we'll see how it goes. I'm so excited for the Defiant jumbo, its going to be mega.

#3283 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Ermmm....mine came with a magazine.

Really? I guess I need to contact customer service...

#3284 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Really? I guess I need to contact customer service...

You and me both!

#3285 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

I contacted customer service and they told me that they were out of the magazines and that's why it shipped without one. Once they get more they will send one out? WTH? Nice of them to let me know before hand. Lol.

#3286 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

How the hell do you have more ships than magazines? I wouldnt think the magazine would be the difficult thing to produce.

#3287 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

How the hell do you have more ships than magazines? I wouldnt think the magazine would be the difficult thing to produce.

Right?!?! Lol.

#3288 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

I guess if they use their normal stock as customer service stock, they send a replacement for just the ship? I remember in the early days I would ask for a replacement magazine that was messed up and they'd said the magazine AND ship again! Which was a little nutty. So maybe they separate those out now. But it's still annoying no one bothered to let you know before hand. 

#3289 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Eaglemoss used to have phenomenal customer service, than they switched it to being based in the US for US subscribers, and it went to shit. 

Sounds like its only gotten worse. 

#3290 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

Eaglemoss used to have phenomenal customer service, than they switched it to being based in the US for US subscribers, and it went to shit. 

Sounds like its only gotten worse. 

Yeah, I remember the good old days. What ultimately got me out of the collection (and selling off pretty much all my monthlys) was actually how rotten the CS got, in combination with being jobless for 9 months. The combo of those things kind of pushed me away. I'm giving it another go with XL and Discovery. But it was amazing what a difference it made when they switched CS teams. I went from getting installments like clockwork, and getting easy replacements, to not getting ships until I asked for them, skipped shipments, and specials delayed for a good year beyond when I should have gotten them.

#3291 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

So I wrote back and asked for an eta on when I might actually get the magazine. Their reply was that they currently have no eta, and just that it will ship when they come in.

#3292 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

Well, after comments on here I couldn't resist the Nostromo. It and the NX jumbo arrived today. Wow. The NX is really really good. I'm a fan of the refit special, but this is something else again. I've been a bit sniffy about the price, but I sort of forgot about that once it was out the box. Easily the best NX model I've ever seen, and I have vivid memories of getting AA's NX back at the end of 2002 and being blown away by that.

The Nostromo is also impressive, the only other model I have of this is a little Japanese candy toy (in itself very good) that I got in 2003/4. Glad I got it, and I fear I won't be able to resist the Sulaco which can't be far behind.

On the jumbo's, I can't say I'm going to go back and catch up. I might dip into the 1701, and I've got my Voyager pre order, but we'll see how it goes. I'm so excited for the Defiant jumbo, its going to be mega.

Andy

Totally agree with you about the NX-01 jumbo.... Awesome..... The TOS 1701 is just as nice and the D comes in a nice 3rd place IMHO.... The real issue only being the slightly chunky impulse engine on the secondary hull.

Very excited for the jumbo Voyager and eventual Jumbo Defiant (Fingers crossed Ben knows about the 3ft filming model is the "go to" for Defiant fans)

#3293 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Oh..... Got my Shuttle Set #3 the other day and I must say that I am ga ga over the Type 11..... Its a show stopper for sure. (Picture a 6' 3", 44 year old man flying around a 3" shuttle replica around his place lol)...... The Argo is the weakest one in my opinion and the work bee is really awesome with the clear windows and interior.

#3294 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

I really want to get the shuttles but I know myself well enough to know I would have to display them all on their own shelf, and I just dont have an extra one right now. Lol.

#3295 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

RE jumbo NX...

My only issue, with both the jumbo and the original release, is I really think (despite what they say about using the CGI model) that the thickness of the saucer is off compared with the rest of the ship. It looks way too thin. The NX refit has a thicker saucer, despite being a smaller scale and the airlock proportions on the port and starboard look about right on the NX refit, but not on the jumbo NX. Still, a really nice model.

No sign of the ring ship or Voyager jumbo here in the UK, don't think they are coming before Christmas. On the plus side, USS Buran is out tomorrow isn't it? Yay!

#3296 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

If you're a subscriber, you should be getting the ring ship today/tomorrow, as well as the Buran. Voyager goes up for general sale on the website (not just pre-order) on January 8th/9th (something close to then at least!).

Also, some new previews for today:

The Beyond Enterprise:
https://scontent-lht...ee1&oe=5AB77DC9

The USS Bozeman:
https://scontent-lht...a3e&oe=5AB6A3E7

#3297 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Well the Beyond Enterprise looks underwhelming. They even forgot to add the two new phaser arrays on top of the saucer section. The paint job also looks like a simple rehash of the first version.

The Bozeman on the other hand, look at them details, even the lettering at the side of the saucer!

#3298 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Ha, my ring ship was waiting for me when I got home, but no sign of the Buran/Tellerite Cruiser.

Ring ship is rather nice except for the fuzzy detailing on the 'flight pod/command module', which is in stark contrast to the really nice detail and paint work on the rings themselves.

As a display piece though, its like nothing else, looks wonderful.

#3299 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

My Aventine mag finally showed up yesterday. pretty good read. I'm glad they sent me one.

#3300 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Anyone think Eaglemoss will produce the Beyond 1701-A?..... I really like the design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users