Photo

Data, La Forge, Barclay (a kind of review) [Part 1]

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

Mine doesn't fit flush either, but IMO, it's better this way, since the plate would be darn near impossible to ever remove once you put it on if it did fit flush. Really, I think standard Data shouldn't have the removable panel, and instead the removable panel Data head should have been a variant, packaged together with the Locutus figure (like Nemesis Riker/Troi) and connection cable, and released as a con-exclusive. But that's just me, and I'm probably almost alone in these opinions.

EDIT: I know this would never happen, but wouldn't it have been cool to have a "Best of Both Worlds" wave? I seriously doubt I'd have bought it, but it would look neat:

Cmdr. Shelby, Captain Riker, Data (w/ Panel) and Locutus w/connector cable.

I really like that idea and agree that the regular release data should have come without the removable panel or they should have at least done a little better job making it fit right. Mine does not fit flush either and I have a hard time getting it to stay in. I will probably loose it eventualy. It has already fallen out twice and almost became a victim of the vacuum cleaner. blink.gif

And right after I wrote that, my Data fell apart. His right arm snapped off as I was turning it. Great.

Oh Man that sucks. I would definately contact them for a replacment. DST's customer service is very good about getting that stuff taken care of. I had some issues with one of my Spike figures from buffy and they had a new one out to me the next day. I hope you have better luck with the next one. biggrin.gif

#82 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

Maybe they should have just included an extra head with the figure, one with the open panel and one without, like they were planning on doing with FC Data.

#83 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:57 PM

That would be a good way to go. I do hope that they still do this with the FC Data. Heres hoping we here something about him soon.

#84 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 27 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post

I really like that idea and agree that the regular release data should have come without the removable panel ...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but .... shooosh! LOL laugh.gif tongue.gif

I absolutely love these gimmicky things! I agree that it could fit better, but I had a Playmate's flashback when I opened Data. I miss getting that little feeling of exhilaration in the pit of my stomach when I open a Trek figure. I hope they try to do stuff like this with some of the others, appropriately of course. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users