Jace Madan's Content

There have been 12 items by Jace Madan (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#17772 FC Data. What number do you have?

Posted by Jace Madan on 22 October 2007 - 06:03 PM in AA / DST

Got mine today, #1661 and #1622.

I'm very pleased with both of them, the paint apps are pretty well done, and no major plastic deformations. I do prefer the Nemesis head sculpt over this one, so I will probably try a head swap sometime in the future.

It really seems like this will probably be the body that the DS9 Sisko figure will use, as it is a bit more larger than the Geordi body, plus the wrinkles in the shirt seem to match up to the proto pics of Sisko.

I hope they release the Nemesis Crusher early too, it would be awesome to complete the crew before the end of the year!

#17664 FC Data. What number do you have?

Posted by Jace Madan on 15 October 2007 - 11:34 PM in AA / DST

Just got a confimation from BBTS that my two are gonna ship soon, I hope I get them soon. I do have a question though, does he use the same exact body as Geordi, or is it a different sculpt? Also, what accessories does he come with? Thanks!!

#6928 Data, La Forge, Barclay (a kind of review) [Part 1]

Posted by Jace Madan on 15 February 2007 - 12:44 AM in AA / DST

Wierd how the Nemesis Data's head seems much better looking than the newer one's. Although I do believe that the Nemesis one's was real-scanned, so the new one may just be a pure sculpt. With the slightly smaller size they used on this wave, they could have just re-used the superior Nemesis head ( which is actually slightly larger). Oh well.....

#6927 Any new word on Nemesis Geordi?

Posted by Jace Madan on 15 February 2007 - 12:34 AM in AA / DST

Although I do get the HTF figures, or the ones that don't have Nemesis uniforms, but are unavailable otherwise (Such as Barclay), nearly all of the figures of the TNG crew I buy are in the "Nemesis" type uniforms. Like many other collectors, all I have left to get are FC Data, Nemesis Crusher, the new DS9 series, and of course Nemesis Geordi. With those other figures either scheduled for release months away or TBA, the only figure in the near future that will be released is the Nemesis Geordi.

Now, was any word ever given as to whether or not it will be available aside from at the convention? The DST figure summary does say "Initially to be released at the con" but it seems sort of vague. I know New Force were trying to get a sizeable amount to sell online but I haven't heard anything since then. The only other piece of data I have to go on is that on the DST website they have him listed with a release date of 2/23 (for the convention), and it seems like he may possibly up for order at the website once the release date is reached.

Has anyone else heard of any other info aside from this? I'm gonna be really dissapointed if I can't get this figure (or have to pay extravagant prices for it) since having a Nemesis Uniformed TNG crew is my main reason for getting all of the figures I have up until now.

Thanks! smile.gif

#6515 Any news on DST Data/Laforge wave?

Posted by Jace Madan on 08 February 2007 - 08:01 PM in AA / DST

Got my set in the mail today! Even Barclay! Glad I got him, I hate short-packs...

#6514 DS9 at last!

Posted by Jace Madan on 08 February 2007 - 07:59 PM in AA / DST

Man, now I'm antsy just waiting for these guys to go on pre-order. I'm gonna get two full sets, and a few extra Siskos' and Daxs', thier bodies are perfect for generic starfleet personnel customs.

Too bad they usually go up for pre-order only a few months before release, I would place mine right now!

#6480 DS9 at last!

Posted by Jace Madan on 08 February 2007 - 12:59 PM in AA / DST

Actually too, now that I looked at the group shot, the Sisko and Jadzia figs both come with phaser rifles, now I've definitelty gotta get 2 of each!

And I really hope these figures go up for pre-order soon, I GOTTA get that TR-116 rifle with Ezri!

And these may be body re-uses though, Jadzia may be the Crusher Nemesis body, Ezri the Nemesis Troi, and the Sisko may possibly use the FC Data body. He was the one that was to be released with the Nemesis Geordi, but for now is TBA. You can find the proto pics here http://toynewsi.com/...=12&itemid=9745

#6479 DS9 at last!

Posted by Jace Madan on 08 February 2007 - 12:52 PM in AA / DST

Now, I wonder what scale these figures are going to be in, the very first TNG figures, or the new smaller scale of the Data/Geordi wave....

#6454 Any news on DST Data/Laforge wave?

Posted by Jace Madan on 07 February 2007 - 10:52 PM in AA / DST

Yeah, all of my pre-orders from the sites I ordered them from have notified me by E-mail that they will be shipping soon. Man, I'm glad I ordered a Barclay when I did, looks like he's sold out everywhere now.

#6395 DS9 at last!

Posted by Jace Madan on 06 February 2007 - 11:50 PM in AA / DST

As long as I get S7 uniforms of everyone, and we get a Cardassian and Ferengi in some form I'll be happy.

Actually, I wouldn't mind some "Army Builder" type figures like generic Cardassian soldiers, Jem'Hadar soldiers, Klingon Warriors, Ferengi merchants, ect.

And I know the chances are probably slim to none, but I would buy like 4 Breen soldiers if they made 'em. biggrin.gif

#5988 Debates on the new ship.

Posted by Jace Madan on 31 January 2007 - 12:13 AM in AA / DST

I'm hoping for either an Enterprise-D or Defiant as well. The Enterprise-D is such a well known and iconic model, it really is a must have. On the other hand, I love the design and combat capabiliies of the Defiant.

And actually, to save money on production, and to reduce costs to the customer, they could produce the Defiant in scale to the Enterprise-E, which although size of the Defiant is a bit sketchy. I've seen that most of the accepted lengths for the ships are the Enterprise-E at about 685 meters, and the Defiant at about 122 meters. Even enlarging the size of the Defiant, it would be only about as big as the Enterprise-E's saucer section.

Personally, to have all of the ships, I wouldn't mind if they produced a "Fleet Series" or something of ships at like 8 or 12 inches, large enough to fit in even a blister pack, and release 2 to 3 ships in a wave as they do the figures. We could get all of our favorite Federation ships, alien ships, and large scale ships such as Borg cubes could be done in boxed sets to be somewhat in scale to the smaller ships. I mean, at the scale and price pont we have now, I doubt we will see an Akira Class, Excelsior Class, Borg Sphere, or any other cool ships anytime soon.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.gif

#5987 Any news on DST Data/Laforge wave?

Posted by Jace Madan on 30 January 2007 - 11:51 PM in AA / DST

Yeah, I think that is probably the case then, they will release these "Special" Geordi's at the con, and make the standard packaging Nemesis version available later.

Actually if I remember correctly, they did the same thing with the Nemesis Riker and Troi 2-pack, where it was available at a Con first (with limited numbered packaging) then available later in standard packaging. Actaully I think newforce comics has some of the numbered ones left over, so you can visually see the difference by seeing them available for two diffrent prices.

I really hope I can get my Movie uniform TNG crew, all I need is La Forge, Data and Crusher. The movie crew is pretty much the reason I started collecting the new figures. Here's to hoping.....