• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Has anyone else caught any of these episodes?

Overall... I'd say its some great Sci-Fi... though I can't say every episode I've seen has grabbed me. 

I'm guessing it aired in the UK prior to being on Amazon? 

#2 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm really glad you shared this. I don't watch Amazon stuff too often and would have likely never noticed it. I didn't like the first episode, but figured since it was an anthology I would give the second one a chance. I really liked that one. 

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Some of the episodes I was a bit disturbed by... and thus didn't care for... but I found several of them very enjoyable. 

Several are pretty heavy handed and I think give a very good message about todays politics... which some folks won't care for, but IMO this is part of what good sci-fi does...

Ep 6. Safe and Sound and  ep10. Kill All Others I think are such episodes. 

#4 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

I finally got around to episode 6 and I agree that one was my favorite so far. Not to get into the politics but it was especially interesting to watch this one when I did given it's theme of safety versus freedom especially with a school setting. I really love sci-fi-fi that makes you think about things and see the world from a different perspective.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

Yes. Its very timely... and as you say... it does what (I think) good sci-fi should do which is overlay present or modern issues in an interesting manner to allow us to become a bit more 3rd person or have a different perspective...  and hopefully spark some thought or even debate about how we might solve them... or what we give up with some solutions. 

That episode in particular I had a good idea of what was going on... but the way the character was setup, you completely understand how they just went with it... its obvious only if your expecting it, and she clearly didn't. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users