• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Guys that was sent to me by John at eFX and I wanted to pass it along to you.

eFX Boldly Goes Into a New Frontier
With the Addition of Star Trek Collectibles

Star Trek Joins Other Incredible Entertainment Properties to Make eFX the Premiere Producer of Officially Licensed Prop Replicas

BURBANK, Calif. (Sept. 21, 2009) – Space was the final frontier for Capt. James T. Kirk and his crew – and now it is the next frontier for eFX Inc., which today announced that it will introduce new high-end collectibles based on the classic Star Trek films and TV series.

eFX will introduce its Star Trek collectibles, licensed from CBS Consumer Products, later this year with the Mark IX Tricorder as seen in Star Trek: First Contact – and it’s just the first of many contacts that eFX plans for fans to be able to make with the seminal science-fiction TV and movie series, which holds a special place in the hearts of eFX’s development team.
“For many of us, Star Trek was our introduction to the possibilities and promise of science-fiction storytelling, and it is an absolute honor to have been given the chance to bring Star Trek collectibles to fans,” said Bryan Ono, president of eFX Inc.

Pre-orders for the Mark IX Tricorder are expected to begin in September, and eFX will limit its production run to no more than 1,000 pieces worldwide. The Tricorders will be offered as a “Signature Edition” signed by actor Brent Spiner, who played Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation and the films it inspired.

Star Trek joins an incredible list of properties within the eFX portfolio. They include Star Wars; the original Battlestar Galactica TV series; Disney animation, live-action films and TV series; and the Muppets.
“With the addition of Star Trek to the eFX catalog, we’re very proud to be home to high-end collectibles based on some of the most classic entertainment properties and brands,” Ono said.

More details about eFX and its collectibles can be found online at www.efxcollectibles.com.

#2 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

I wonder if they'll go back and rerelease some of the older stuff? I'd love to pick up some of the TOS items at non-secondary market prices...

Sallah

#3 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

That is so beautiful. The only thing that could be better would be a medical tricorder to go with it.

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Sep 23 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if they'll go back and rerelease some of the older stuff? I'd love to pick up some of the TOS items at non-secondary market prices...

Sallah

With the flaws of the original MR TOS phaser and communicator, I'd rather they completely redo them.

The Cage laser would also be a release I would like to see them do since MR canceled theirs early in the process.

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Looks like they will do a new version of the TOS phaser as well as a TWOK phaser! Read all about it!.

#6 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

You know, it's kinda of funny that their first announced act on getting the Trek license is taking over that tricorder, because when MR took over the Star Wars replicas license their first item was a Han Solo blaster that the previously license-holder couldn't manage to release.

Official replica manufacturing seems a vicious cycle.

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

SHIPPING UPDATE! (February 4, 2010)
The Tricorders are scheduled to be shipped from our manufacturing partner in Asia on January 30. The Freight Forwarding Company has just updated the ETA of the shipment to Los Angeles to February 21. Barring any further delays in shipping or customs, we anticipate shipping the Tricorders by the of that week.

#8 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

With the technology available now they could really produce some truly amazing screen accurate original series props cool.gif
I think TOS stuff would have a much wider buying audience than TNG or any of the other series.

#9 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

I'd say nay... because I am not a major fan of TOS, the movies I like... the series no. So it really does seem selective to keep pumping out kirk etc. yes they sell, but its kinda annoying because I really would like to see new stuff instead of just rehashing something else which is good... but the younger generation are more familiar with newer Trek rather than old, so they would be cutting out a piece of the market.

Just my thought.

regs,
TK

#10 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

I bought the OT MR Tricorder, but because it was better then anything else I had found, barring the Coyle version, I think it was, that got me there in the first place. I am too old to be wanton for TNG, unless it is iconic to me.

#11 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

Latest status news:

I received an email notification from eFX this morning -
"We are pleased to announce that your First Contact Mark IX Science Tricorder(s), order number ######, is confirmed to arrive in Los Angeles on February 21. We have already initiated pre-custom clearance formalities which will hopefully expedite the customs process. Therefore, we anticipate to start shipping the Tricorders the week of February 28. We will e-mail you when they are ready to ship".

Can't wait ... djparty.gif

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

Nice! very excited for this release!

#13 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

These are in and ready to ship! Whoop!

-EDIT- These have cleared customs and eFx is finalizing preorders.

#14 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

It's a go!
I recieved an email yesterday night from efx to complete the order (balance payment).
Done.

#15 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Several folks have now received their eFX tricorder.

There are several good pics posted on the Trek Prop Zone forums (looks great)

So far the reviews has been all positive!

#16 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

I looked up the eFx tricorder, and did not see what the price for an unsigned one went for. They indicated for 350?, sorry I looked it up this morning and forgot... for a Spiner autographed item.
Did they release an unsigned prop? how much did these go for? Thanks.

#17 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Mar 6 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked up the eFx tricorder, and did not see what the price for an unsigned one went for. They indicated for 350?, sorry I looked it up this morning and forgot... for a Spiner autographed item.
Did they release an unsigned prop? how much did these go for? Thanks.

With regards to the Med Tricorder IX, eFX only sold them as a limited signature (B.Spiner) edition set ($350 +$40 for case cover). They never sold them unsigned.

The only unsigned version was when they were initially sold under Master Replicas, before eFX took over the Tric production (with improvements)
(MR never completed the production run of the trics). If I recall MR sold them for $400 (case cover included)

#18 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

http://www.therpf.co...411&postcount=1

There's some pictures and a video from a member over at the RPF. I've ordered mine direct from eFX as it was by far cheaper for me (UK) than any local website (play.com). The only downside is that it seems that international customers are dealt with after US/Canada. However, after seeing those pictures and that video, and in my opinion how they've improved it over the MR version, I can easily wait another month...(but hopefully no longer than that lol). biggrin.gif

#19 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:17 AM

Well, 6 days later and I've got it. I can't express enough how perfect and lovely this thing is. The weight, the feel, the quality, it's a beautiful piece and I just can't stop playing with it. I should mention that it's not just the Tricorder that is great. The stand is fantastic quality for what it is, and the documents that come with it are great. Not forgetting the packaging either, which trumps even 'old' Apple-packaging.

So yes, to sum up, if you can afford this (this is a one-off luxury for me, as I'd saved for the MR version), then you absolutely won't be unhappy with this. There's one slight annoyance that doesn't bother me to be honest, but it is a problem, and that is that the plaque with Brent Spiner's signature on it, does not fit in the display case (unless it's stood on its side). But other than that, it's honestly perfect. smile.gif

#20 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Jay K @ Mar 12 2010, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, 6 days later and I've got it. I can't express enough how perfect and lovely this thing is. The weight, the feel, the quality, it's a beautiful piece and I just can't stop playing with it. I should mention that it's not just the Tricorder that is great. The stand is fantastic quality for what it is, and the documents that come with it are great. Not forgetting the packaging either, which trumps even 'old' Apple-packaging.

So yes, to sum up, if you can afford this (this is a one-off luxury for me, as I'd saved for the MR version), then you absolutely won't be unhappy with this. There's one slight annoyance that doesn't bother me to be honest, but it is a problem, and that is that the plaque with Brent Spiner's signature on it, does not fit in the display case (unless it's stood on its side). But other than that, it's honestly perfect. smile.gif

I am expecting mine's this Monday.
Jay K, with regards to the plaque not fitting inside the case, the following is an explanation from eFX (quote extracted from TPZ forum):

Please let me take this opportunity to address the issue with the plaque not fitting in the display base. . .
As many of you know, we do not supply acrylic covers with our replicas. Those who are familiar with our Star Wars products, the helmets are on a round base and the X-wings were on an oval base. The plaques are simply placed in front of the replica. So it was not our intent to supply a cover with the Tricorder, so this was not a consideration or issue.
Unfortunately, when our vendor ordered the bases, they made the assumption that we wanted to order the base and cover, just like Master Replicas did. So, now, the vendor would have not have only been stuck with 700 covers, but would not have been able to export the Tricorders out of China, since in the customs documents, it identified the base as "base and cover"! So to help them out, we agreed to offer these covers to our customers. And to be honest, we did not check to see if our standard signature plaque fit inside the acrylic cover before we offered to help our vendor. And the plaques were already signed by Brent Spiner.
So, I apologize for any inconvenience. We want you to be completely satisfied, so if you would like to return the cover for a refund, we will be happy to accommodate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users