http://www.bigbadtoy...p;category=2852

#2 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Sep 22 2012, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's great news! Gotta wonder if the "ship from Star Trek XII" is a newly redesigned Enterprise, I've heard rumours of some tweaks to the design.

BTW, a fella from the HW message boards says that they're also releasing the USS Excelsior NCC-2000 and a new Star Trek XII Klingon Battle Cruiser, too. Cool! smile.gif

#3 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

If they are doing an Excelsior an Enterprise B variant can't be too far behind!

#4 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm hoping that Hotwheels/Mattel do larger scale, fully die-cast ships similar to the Batmobiles in the 1:18th scale.

#5 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

REALLY? A NCC-2000 would be cool, and so would a K D7.

However, I like the new Enterprise, and would be disappointed by mods to it (I know Im kinda alone with that opinion) tongue.gif

#6 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Sep 23 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, I like the new Enterprise, and would be disappointed by mods to it (I know Im kinda alone with that opinion) tongue.gif

To quote Scotty: "Why in God's name would you want that bucket of bolts?" tongue.gif

#7 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'm just glad there's another chance to get the regular 1701, I waited too long on trying to get those CostCo packs.

#8 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

This is the year for the Excelsior! She is the most beautiful ship of the fleet in my opinion haha. I am so excited if they do make her!

#9 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Wow, the first wave contains the NX-01 and the Narada? IIRC, weren't these the two that demanded the highest prices on the secondary market last time around? That is going to seriously annoy some previous eBay buyers!

Were these always in this price range? Seems a bit steeper than I recall. I would say that XII ship is probably no different whatsoever from the XI ship; even if the XII ship has mods on-screen, I don't remember these having enough detail to show it unless they are some major mods. Gotta decide whether to pre-order or wait for pictures... I guess putting in a pre-order never hurts, but $16.99 kind of hurts. sad.gif

//edit: I just revisited the old threads about this for a refresher... $16.99 per ship really hurts when looking back at how that Costco set (which I think was the only way to get the Narada/NX-01) of 6 dropped to $19.95 in just 3 months!

#10 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, originally they were $11-12.99. Hell of a price jump.

#11 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Dont worry,

They will be 100% die cast this time, with Transparent Aluminum Highlights!

#12 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...36&itemid=19962

USS Excelsior, USS Kelvin, Narada!

#13 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Excelsior and Kelvin look great.

#14 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Would this kelvin be closer in scale to the playmates ent or is the kelvin pretty much the same size as the ent? Did we ever see a ship next to the ent? I can't seem to remember

#15 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I don't think we ever saw a ship close enough to the Big E to be able to judge size between the fleet ships in 09 movie....maybe in Into Darkness we will be able too

#16 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say the Kelvin would be midway in size between the NX-01 and the prime universe NCC-1701.

#17 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

For scale references, if you look at the bottom of this EAS page there are two different charts to go by. One is a fan-analyzed version that has estimated the size based on observations within the movie and other reasons, and the other chart is just a comparison based on the ludicrous "official" sizes. Either way, the Kelvin is about the same size as the Abramsprise aside from nacelle length.

http://www.ex-astris...leet-charts.htm

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Interesting. This hotweheels ships might be in scale if you use the fan size of the Kelvin and the official size of the Ent. Anyhoo, Id really like a Defiant made by hotwheels because that would be in scale to many of the DST ships we currently have.

#19 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm a bit confused...

The Narada has already been done, and there is already a known first wave of these available for pre-order that includes Narada, NX-01, original NCC-1701, and then "new ship from XII".

- Is Kelvin the "new ship from XII"? I don't understand why the Kelvin would even be in the new movie...but KRE-O has it in their line too, but I just assumed they were doing both movies.

- Why are they displaying the Narada among 2 other all-new ships, as though it were also new, when it's not? What were they trying to display, new things, things that will be released, or a subset of both? I see nothing about that Narada that looks different from the first issue.

- Since the Narada is listed/shown and has already been done it raises the question, will they be re-releasing other ships as that first wave suggests, or will they only be issuing these 3?

#20 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

At most I may pick up the Kelvin, but they look pretty basic / cheap, plus the Starship collection is starting this year in the U.K. so I'm betting they will be better than these offerings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users