New Star Trek Edition blog at art asylum's web site

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

Well VF, keep in mind I didn't mean to sound condescending smile.gif

#242 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Mar 26 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well VF, keep in mind I didn't mean to sound condescending smile.gif

Then its a good thing you didnt mean it, otherwise i would think you have some kind of superiority complex. Aside from DSTChuck, i dont think that there is anyone else here that works for DST and has any first hand information about what it does or has intention to do, so any opinions we have here are just speculative and should be presented as such and not authoritative fact as the tone of some posters here have a manner of doing.

It would be great if we could get some information on whether Playmates and DST are cooking up something together with TOS or 2009 Star Trek and some time frames to look forward too. Maybe they are still in the talking stages but it would still be great to know a little something about whats going on. I can understand corporate secrecy but we are talking about action figures here, not the launch codes for a nuclear missle program.

#243 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

VF, I don't do passive aggressive very well. I'm more of a direct person when it comes to things and I don't feel the need to comment on everyone's post to prove I'm right either. You on the other hand, give that impression in your posts. While you are correct, no one here works for DST, I do have experience in dealing with them in the past. DSTChuck is a short and to the point when it comes to his answers because of his schedule and work load. He can't afford to be any other way. Rather than comment on something that is in the works, he doesn't answer the question. That way it doesn't bite him in the butt down the line. The way he conducts his Q & A's is no different than any of the other companies out there. Most of them have confidentiality agreements with their clients, which restricts what they can and can't talk about. While it isn't a matter of national security, anything they say could affect their company. Which is why no matter what line you collect, you aren't always going to get a straight answer, whether it's a Q &A or a magazine interview. That would just be professional suicide.

#244 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Yeah he got in some deep stuff last year when he let it slip that their next starship was going to have adjustable wings, which zeroed us in on the BoP which we saw the prototype of here recently .

#245 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

I'm not getting your issue here VF.

When I read Dons post, all I see is that Don used a fairly well known idiom which simply put is saying please remember some bit of information in the context of the discussion. People use such idioms every day, and I'm not making the connection with a condescending remark, which, as you have implied, would be showing patronizing descent from perspective of superiority.

Also... (and I'm going to use the same idiom on purpose) please keep in mind that it is very difficult to infer "Tone" in blogs, email and the like. This is why companies have entire manuals on how to write an email and such... because people do like to try and infer and equate tone, and that can be very detrimental if a company is sued and and emails are brought out in court.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I try and read everything here tone neutral. I can't say I'm always successful, but I do try. Because after all, I come here to share and discuss in a hobby we all enjoy, so I personally don't see a point in looking for hidden meanings, subversive text or condescending tones in members posts... or DST chucks for that matter (dang! did it again! another idiom!).

But I digress. I too have noticed that the Q/A have become shorter! That last one wasn't very long, and I only skimmed it but it didn't seem like there much of any Star Trek Q&A!

It would be nice to know if the two packs are coming out. I suspect we will see that Spock and Kirk 2-pack, and I hope we do, but like many others here, without any real and firm information on upcoming product, my attention drifts elsewhere, and my excitement for DST products wanes!

#246 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Mar 27 2010, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not getting your issue here VF.

When I read Dons post, all I see is that Don used a fairly well known idiom which simply put is saying please remember some bit of information in the context of the discussion. People use such idioms every day, and I'm not making the connection with a condescending remark, which, as you have implied, would be showing patronizing descent from perspective of superiority.

Well, i did say that my post was not intended in a mean spirited way and that i was not sure if Don meant it the way i took it, but i have noticed that Don has used that particular idiom a lot over the years here and i always percieve it as he thinks he has some superior knowledge that the rest of us do not. I imagine that others think the same thing, just have not said so for fear of having others insult them for speaking up.

Please, if someone here ACTUALLY does have superior knowledge about DST that the rest of us do not, shed some light on whether we will get the Rand/Chapel/Sick bay McCoy and the Kirk/Spock two packs this year?

#247 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

Gentleman, this is getting off topic and much of this is materiel for PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users