• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#41 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

And while I'm at it......what's the price on this ship and how many will be for sale? And will you do a Hallmark and sell a certain amount each day,to give EVERYone a chance,not just those scalpers who have Preview Night tickets?......will be some of my questions soon. LOL!

J-R!

#42 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

Its still pretty early in the day, I'm sure if it is actually revealed today it'll be later on. 

#43 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

Yeah,that bloody time difference thing. Almost 8pm(7.45) here. Guess I can wait till tomorrow. For someone who dislikes exclusives SOOOO much,I sure do show WAY too much interest in this,LOL!

J-R!

#44 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

I probably am not going to care what the exclusive ends up being, but I still am curious. 

#45 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

So no matter what it is,you're not gonna get it?

Have to admit I'm more curious as to what the new Fed ship will be,and the movie era STS.

J-R!

#46 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

So no matter what it is,you're not gonna get it?

Have to admit I'm more curious as to what the new Fed ship will be,and the movie era STS.

J-R!

Probably not, exclusives are always variants, and I don't do variants.

The exception is if they are radically different, like the NX-2000, or a big improvement over the original, like the new Enterprise E. 

#47 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

Gotcha.

Well,guess there's some more waitin'........    lol

J-R!

#48 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'm curious to see what this ship will be as well. I seem to recall Zach saying something along the lines of them making some available outside the convention as well, as they expect it to be so popular. With that said, there's two categories for me:

Slight variant:
Last year's battle damaged Excelsior would fall into this category.

Proper variant:
I'd list the 2013 'cloaked' BoP under this category, as it's a bit more than adding some heavy dirt wash to an already existing product.

My guesses for both would be:

Slight:
1 - Battle damaged 'Generations' 1701-D. Lots of dirt wash, phaser and photon burns, and new sound clips - maybe even one featuring Data saying, "Ooooh shit!"

2 - Battle damaged 'Undiscovered Country' 1701-A. As above, but with Kirk's final log entry as a bonus sound clip (for example).

3 - Darkly-painted, rusted up 'Rotarran' Klingon Bird of Prey. Nothing too different, except the voice clips. This one is highly unlikely, but as they have the ship already made, it's really the only variant I could think that hasn't already been made.

Proper:
1 - USS Defiant NCC 1764 - made from glow-in-the-dark plastic.

2 - Add in however many name variants there are to existing ships here (Excelsior Refit named Lakota, for example).

They're the only ones I can think of as being 'likely', and if I had to put money on one, I'd go with the Defiant. That would also fit the bill as being highly sought after, to the degree where they'd make a small quantity to be put on general sale outside the con (as Zach said).

#49 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Your list pretty much covers everything Jay K, that said a glow in the dark Defiant would be something I'd be interested in. 

#50 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

They usually don't do ligths and sounds on these quick variants though. C'mon Zach,wake up!!!! LOL! What time zone are DST in? Are they in New York? It's past 3pm. What,they gonna post it late at night?

Did find out that Round 2 won't be at the con. muh. Was hoping they'd have a little ship,or three,for sale. Also saw what is most likely a SW exclusive from Hascrap....6" Black Series Stormtrooper from new movie. Not even gonna bother TRYING to get one of those,scalpers will grab most of them just like that Boba with Han in carbonite a few years back. Almost tried for that one,but when I saw how much hassle it was just getting a ticket to get in line,screw it. I'll get a regular 6" when in comes out later this year.

HEY,maybe ReAction will have something ST as an exclusive! NEAT!

J-R!

#51 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

The exclusive Storm Trooper looks nice, but there is no point in getting it since they will probably release a million variations of it later on. Looks like all it has going for it is the first edition packaging.

As for DSTs timezone, I think they're eastern time. 

#52 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

Yeah,I love Stormtroopers,but I'll get a bunch in the general release. And I do like the new design for these Stormtroopers.

So,that exclusive ship.........

LOL!

J-R!

#53 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Btw,where's the most likely place they would post the info first? Hopefully not facecrappy thing.

J-R!

#54 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

Probably Facebook, but they'll probably put out an article on artasylum.com as well if I had to guess. 

#55 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Ok,thanks. Getting bored with this waiting though,so I might as well wait till tomorrow now. Bet ya the minute I log off it'll be online,LOL!

J-R!

#56 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

Star Trek U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 Starship

A Diamond Select Toys release! As seen in the classic Star Trek: The Original Series episode “The Tholian Web,” the Constitution-class starship U.S.S. Defiant was caught in an interphasic rift, leading to madness and death among the crew before being drawn into another dimension. To celebrate the impending anniversary of the original series, DST will bring a limited run of this 16” model, cast in translucent green plastic to simulate the effects of interphase, to their booth at Comic-Con! Packaged in a full-color window box with a display stand. Limited to 200 pieces. ($65.00, only at booth #2607)

TholianDefiant1.jpg

http://www.diamondse...-comic-con-2015

#57 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

LOL!

#58 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Pass.

#59 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

Ya it's probably a pass for me as well, it is cool but I don't particularly care to have it in my collection. 

I would like to see an actual picture of it though, the one they posted looks off somehow to me. 

#60 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

Hey all,

Being a completest I have to add it to my collection.... :-D

May get my family to buy it for me for Christmas like last years..... That's the problem with living in the UK.

Take care,
Matty-lad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users