FMT's Content

There have been 5 items by FMT (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#43106 3 3/4" movie figure discussion

Posted by FMT on 13 July 2009 - 12:12 AM in Playmates

I think McCoy couldve sold well at stores. He has a decent role in the movie and the Spock figure is very difficult to find but Chekov wouldve clogged pegs. Releasing Kirk, Pike and Sulu all at once wasn't the best idea...black shirt Kirk shouldve been in wave one. But it's too late now. If this will extend the life of the line, i'm all for it. But a lot of kids will be looking for those figures to complete the bridge playset.

#43064 3 3/4" movie figure discussion

Posted by FMT on 12 July 2009 - 12:27 AM in Playmates

That's an interesting choice to make the most recognizable versions of some of the main characters online exclusives. I'm sure many people will want them to complete the bridge but won't know where to go.

I think generic crew members wouldve been a better idea. Or academy versions. Or Gaila...I'd order a full set right now to get an exclusive Gaila.

But getting more diversity on the shelves is a good idea. Might increase sales a bit. But not canceling the cadet Uhura wouldve helped add diversity since finding the original is impossible around here.

#42728 What Figures & Toys Do You Want In Future Waves? (Movie Spoilers)

Posted by FMT on 02 July 2009 - 07:20 PM in Playmates

Yes! Gaila is number one for me. I'd even take a duty uniform Gaila if the cadet Uhura is no longer being made.

#42112 3 3/4" movie figure discussion

Posted by FMT on 26 June 2009 - 02:11 PM in Playmates

that is a great idea! I would buy them for sure. Maybe playmates or new force or some other retailer could get it as an exclusive...

#41950 3 3/4" movie figure discussion

Posted by FMT on 25 June 2009 - 09:11 AM in Playmates

Ahh...No Gaila in wave 2? And no Cadat Uhura worries me even more because that decreases the chances of seeing Gaila even more. When I read the news a while back on Action-figure.com that hinted at a Gaila figure, that is what prompted me to go out and buy every single figure and playset from wave 1. Now I'm not sure if I'll continue with the line unless they confirm a third wave with at least one more female...well, I'll probably at least get Keenser, Ayel and the 2 large aliens.

Random officers would be nice too, we will have this massive bridge playset with close to 20 stations and only a handful of figures to populate it. I wouldnt mind a generic blonde female figure that could stand in as JAnice Rand or Nurse Chapel depending on what color they make her uniform.