21 replies to this topic

#1 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Well pictures are starting to hit from NYCC 2017 of DST items and no Trek to be found so far but that doesn't surprise me. Mega Construx Wave 2 Heros figures will feature Kirk and Spock from Amok Time. Hoping to see McFarlane's STD Figures and Props.

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

I dont even care about DST anymore. Theyve effectively killed my excitement for their products.

Even if the Reliant ever actually releases, I dont even know if Id buy it anymore.

#3 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

Well Im still excited for the Reliant so I hope we get some news.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

I dont even care about DST anymore. Theyve effectively killed my excitement for their products.
Even if the Reliant ever actually releases, I dont even know if Id buy it anymore.

Absolutely agree.
I've been looking over coverage and see a ton of pics from their booth but yet again, no Star Trek.

#5 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

Why can't DST just say there done with Trek??? Not a picture or mention of Trek at all by DST. DST can say all they want about having items to show but when you show all kinds of other new properties and no Trek it's pretty clear its over.

#6 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

I was super sad when it wasn't shown at the you fair and numb when it was not at SDCC. But they haven't show their Kill Bill stuff yet either. So I still hold out hope.

#7 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

Toy fair not you fair

#8 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Soooooooooooooooo Zach DID speak about the Reliant.  Apparently the sculpt and paint are approved, but they wont show it until the electronics are??  Its at 1:15 of this video:

http://toynewsi.com/...68&itemid=29870

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Seems like a strange reason since they've always shown sculpts before without electronics. 

#10 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Soooooooooooooooo Zach DID speak about the Reliant.  Apparently the sculpt and paint are approved, but they wont show it until the electronics are??  Its at 1:15 of this video:

http://toynewsi.com/...68&itemid=29870

That seems to be their thing.  If memory serves me the only ships they didnt do that for were the Klingon BOP and the Enterprise-B.  Oh well at least its coming along.

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

What about the Borg figure he said they would show? I guess that didn't make it t? Lol DST are a joke these days. They should just stick to novelty crap like banks and bottle openers.

#12 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

So this is the first ship that DST are not showing us until the electronics are final. As far back as I can remember (The Enterprise-E), they've always shown us the ships at some point without the electronics in them, just to give us a glimpse of what to expect. This is a really lousy thing for them to start doing, indeed I'd say it's a new low even for them; but it's DST, so what's new? Same old bad PR as always.

Nice to know it's in-scale with the refit (but that was surely to be expected), but it's sad that the PR side of DST is still just utterly non-existent.

I wish they had some competition (same scale with lights at least, and sounds as a bonus), even if it was Bandai getting their license to make ready-painted ship kits again, because it's such a shame that we have no choice BUT to buy the ships from them. As much as some of you may say you're not, I'd wager that 99% of us here are going to be buying this when it's out, but just because I am doesn't mean I'm happy with DST treating us all like crap. :/

#13 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

I have to laugh at DST. Since I'm such a troll and have said such bad things about them. I've been blocked from their Facebook page. Guess simple criticism makes them cry like little babies. Check out some of things people write here and I sound like I'm complimenting them. I could care a less for a company that can't give a simple yes or no on Trek items already. They've shown items in various stages of development before so what's the difference now?? Well because they're not serious about Trek anymore and that is evident from all of the new items from other lines they keep putting out and giving excuses of why no Trek again.

#14 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:10 AM

Guys, write to DST customer service complaining about Zach. He runs (or fails at running) their social media and is responsible for their PR with fans/customers.

Hes useless.

What DST are playing at, who knows. They believe though that by holding back everything, fans are still going to buy what they release at some point - thats absolutely true. I cant say Im going to buy the Reliant but Ill definitely buy the Borg drone if it has a decent amount of articulation. If they do the Enterprise from he 2009 movie, Im going to buy that too. If they start a whole new line of action figures based upon the Abrams movies, Ill buy them too.

If they dont and theyre done with Star Trek? Who cares. It was fun while it lasted but clearly DST seem to struggle with enticing new fans to their Star Trek line. Established Trek fans will buy what they see/if they see something online or in stores. Either way DST are either winding down their Trek line or gearing it up for a bit of a come back next year.

Still, if its getting people this upset still, thats a good sign from DSTs point of view - it tells them were still interested in what they do - even if some are saying they wont buy what they clearly will buy when they see it in stores or pictured online.

#15 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

If they made the 2009 Enterprise, I'd buy it simply because there is not a really great representation of it out there. 

Eaglemoss's is good, but not the best. It's sad to say that I still think the DVD holder case of the Enterprise from Target is one of the best versions of her out there. 

Same goes for almost any of the Kelvin Starfleet ships.

#16 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

If they made the 2009 Enterprise, I'd buy it

Thats literally all DST care about. Its that simple.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

DST were showing pics on their FB page from NYCC and I said "That's nice but...Star Trek?

This was the response.
Nothing at this show, sorry. Lots in the works.

It's like shaking a "magic eight ball" with them. Lol

#18 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

DST were showing pics on their FB page from NYCC and I said "That's nice but...Star Trek?

This was the response.
Nothing at this show, sorry. Lots in the works.

It's like shaking a "magic eight ball" with them. Lol

At least you're not banned for being a troll. Like I said above they can't take a little criticism without crying "TROLL!!" I've lost any respect for Zach. He obviously can't handle the truth.

#19 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

https://twitter.com/...014998324535296

Khan Noonien Soon....

#20 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

That means nothing. Soon can mean anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users