#261 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (sbamah @ Jul 14 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another odd random event:
With the constant running lights ON for the E-D, there were few occasions where when the saucer is separated, the "saucer" lights remained ON indefinitely (to turn it OFF, I needed to reattach it to the secondary hull & flick it's switch!). Most other times, I could not repeat this event. Any of you observed this??

Yes, and not so random, in my opinion - if you separate the saucer carefully (if you are able to do so) the lights will stay on until you either push the bridge button or re-connect the saucer and turn the lights off for the whole ship. It's pretty cool - I don't know if it was deliberately designed to do this, but a number of other people have commented on their ships doing the same thing.

#262 trek24

trek24

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (sbamah @ Jul 14 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your comments trek24 and ryanlb.
Yes, I have contacted NFC and I was given a DST contact email address. It appears the ball is bounced back in my court.
I've partially recovered some functionality (through a lot of random trial & error) but it is unpredictable ; at times working and at other instances, not working . I recall, the whole problem incident started when I wanted to put fresh (LR44) batteries into the saucer... the problems began and even juggling with another new set of batteries, putting back original batteries, etc, did not help.
[a word of caution for you E-D owners: be weary when changing the saucer batteries, that you don't end up in my situation]
trek24, I am not sure the contact pins are the problem because when the saucer was detached, it should still function independently which it did not at times.

Another odd random event:
With the constant running lights ON for the E-D, there were few occasions where when the saucer is separated, the "saucer" lights remained ON indefinitely (to turn it OFF, I needed to reattach it to the secondary hull & flick it's switch!). Most other times, I could not repeat this event. Any of you observed this??

hey sbamah, you can try this and this may be a long shot, but at this point...it doesn't hurt, right? Try tearing pieces of aluminum foil and place them on the connectors in the battery compartment of the saucer section. Or check the connections in the battery compartment to see if they are lifted up enough to be touching the batteries (although I wouldn't attempt to adjust those metal connectors to reduce the risk of breaking them.) Sometimes they can be so low that even when you place the battery cover on, the connectors are barely touching the batteries or the batteries will shift a little causing a loss in connection. Basically there's not enough pressure to hold or connect those batteries in place. In any case, you might have to try to shore it up to prevent it from moving around and to get a solid connection (that's where the foil comes in). I've noticed that on my Medical Tricorder I had to place a piece of foil in between the connector and the battery for a solid connection because the battery tip was just a bit short. See if that helps and I hope that it does. I'm surprised that NFC isn't willing to do an even exchange for you since it is a defect. Anyways, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

#263 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (trek24 @ Jul 14 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey sbamah, you can try this and this may be a long shot, but at this point...it doesn't hurt, right? Try tearing pieces of aluminum foil and place them on the connectors in the battery compartment of the saucer section. Or check the connections in the battery compartment to see if they are lifted up enough to be touching the batteries (although I wouldn't attempt to adjust those metal connectors to reduce the risk of breaking them.) Sometimes they can be so low that even when you place the battery cover on, the connectors are barely touching the batteries or the batteries will shift a little causing a loss in connection. Basically there's not enough pressure to hold or connect those batteries in place. In any case, you might have to try to shore it up to prevent it from moving around and to get a solid connection (that's where the foil comes in). I've noticed that on my Medical Tricorder I had to place a piece of foil in between the connector and the battery for a solid connection because the battery tip was just a bit short. See if that helps and I hope that it does. I'm surprised that NFC isn't willing to do an even exchange for you since it is a defect. Anyways, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the tip trek24. This will probably be a little trickier than the tricorder scanner ... as you mentioned about tthe battery conection, perhaps the negative terminals may be positioned too low (?). I would need to carefully place the aluminum at the same time not allowing the foil to short the batteries.
When the E-D starts to mis-behave again, I will give this a try and let you know.

By the way, flw, I haven't yet been able to recreate the constant saucer light-ON when separating from the secondary hull... I tried all sorts of manners & ways of separation but no luck... (probably needs to be full moon to work, LOL)

#264 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (sbamah @ Jul 15 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
y the way, flw, I haven't yet been able to recreate the constant saucer light-ON when separating from the secondary hull... I tried all sorts of manners & ways of separation but no luck... (probably needs to be full moon to work, LOL)

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I tried putting fresh LR44's in there and it didn't help.

#265 Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

Have 5 regular and 2 AGT so far, and all of them work fine.

#266 Brohy

Brohy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

I got my Ent D last week and everything was fine with it till last tuesday when i seperated the saucer

As i pulled the saucer away picard said "pre" as he is about to say "prepare for saucer sep" all i get is "pre" and then the saucer impulse engines just glow really low and stay on constant. I tried pressing the bridge dome for sounds but nothing works until i reattach it back to the drive section, i get the reconnecting sound and everything is fine again with the ship, it all just happenes when the saucer is seperated. I even tried the reset button and taking the batts out but its still not working.

anyone got the same problem?

#267 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (sbamah @ Jul 15 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, flw, I haven't yet been able to recreate the constant saucer light-ON when separating from the secondary hull... I tried all sorts of manners & ways of separation but no luck... (probably needs to be full moon to work, LOL)

Maybe - it doesn't work all the time, it has to separate in a certain way.

Also, Brohy - my son's ship now has the same problem that you describe - but considering that he's 6 and pulls it apart constantly and slams it back together, I figured it was only a matter of time ...

#268 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Brohy @ Jul 18 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my Ent D last week and everything was fine with it till last tuesday when i seperated the saucer

As i pulled the saucer away picard said "pre" as he is about to say "prepare for saucer sep" all i get is "pre" and then the saucer impulse engines just glow really low and stay on constant. I tried pressing the bridge dome for sounds but nothing works until i reattach it back to the drive section, i get the reconnecting sound and everything is fine again with the ship, it all just happenes when the saucer is seperated. I even tried the reset button and taking the batts out but its still not working.

anyone got the same problem?

Brohy.... Mine did the same thing !!! I gave it to a friend for free...and bought another one....I couldnt fix it !!! I changed the watch batteries , switched the play swiches on and off !!! Everything... I think it just broke !

#269 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (flw @ Jul 14 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and not so random, in my opinion - if you separate the saucer carefully (if you are able to do so) the lights will stay on until you either push the bridge button or re-connect the saucer and turn the lights off for the whole ship. It's pretty cool - I don't know if it was deliberately designed to do this, but a number of other people have commented on their ships doing the same thing.

Mine does this too ! It must be a standard thing .

#270 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Mine arrived today and I'm speechless. This ship is just beautiful. A work of art.
Also I'm glad that It doesn't have any sound problems.

#271 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

I got one on Saturday, from Sybeck (Thanks!) The lights are awesome, couldn't be happier with them. The sound is off, it's barely recognizable as Picard, being slow and low, but meh, I don't care, I didn't get it for the sound, I got it for the ship itself and the lights. And I love it.

#272 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Since the DST figure releases have slowed down to almost nothing, i have a renewed interest in the tech and ships. I finally got the D at long last. It definitely is a beauty, the best ship DST has put out hands down in my opinion!

#273 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

I grabbed an AGT Ent. D at Hastings in Greeley, CO for $50. Then I grabbed the standard version on Ebay for $16. I can proudly say that both are very healthy and standing tall. The standard has a crack in her stand, but it doesn't affect the way she stands.

#274 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

The batteries in my AGT-D's saucer section finally died, which I suppose is my "punishment" for keeping it separated from the stardrive and constantly playing with it, but I'll have her up and running again soon. All in all, both Enterprise-D's are remarkable, and if I had some additional cash on me, I'd be buying a third one. I'd really like to have the Window decals converted into dry transfers (they look a lot nicer than waterslides) and to have someone professionally apply them and hit them with finish. That'd really look sharp, and would solve the "neck window" issue; besides, it'd give me an excuse to display yet another "variant" of the Ent-D. I'm also hoping DST gets to do another run of these ships, with the neck windows applied, if only for the fact that it'd raise the value of the "inaccurate" initial run. smile.gif

#275 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Looks like DST might be reissuing the AGT E-D! BBTS is taking preorders, although they are due to arrive in Feb. 2009 - another breach of the space time continuum! ohmy.gif

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

#276 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 26 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the DST figure releases have slowed down to almost nothing, i have a renewed interest in the tech and ships. I finally got the D at long last. It definitely is a beauty, the best ship DST has put out hands down in my opinion!

I agree VF! I wanted to quite the ships until I got my Ent D!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users