Photo

DSTs next ship Poll

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose The Ship (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Which ship would you like DST to make next?

1. USS Reliant (14 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

2. USS Defiant (16 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. USS Enterprise C (12 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. USS Voyager (10 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

5. USS Stargazer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

So after Excelsior we know that DST is going to be making another ship, based on their past AskDSTs we know it won't be an alien ship, so it will be federation. We also know that Voyager and the C aren't actually in the top 3, I included them in the poll to see what interest there would be in them.

USS Reliant: It would be a good compliment for the TWOK Enterprise, she's also a pretty common ship in Star Trek, especially as canon fodder during the dominion war. I would definitely consider buying it, the Miranda is certainly not my favorite but its not a bad looking ship.

USS Defiant: it's the Defiant, it was a big part of DS9 and a lot of people seem to like it. Up until I actually watched DS9 I didn't really care for it, but now I would certainly purchase this ship.

USS Enterprise C: In one of the AskDSTs someone said this ship would be a niche product, I don't agree. This is the only Enterprise that hasn't been done by anyone outside of models and little Furuta ships. Anyone who wants a complete Enterprise Line would buy this ship. The C is my second favorite Enterprise after the B, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

USS Voyager: Voyager wasn't the most popular Star Trek series, but that doesn't mean the ship itself wouldn't sell. I'd be interested to see how they would do the moving warp nacelles myself. Voyager was my favorite Star Trek series, and the playmates version is decent but doesn't do it justice, I would buy it.

USS Stargazer: Not really sure why I put her on the poll, it's the only other "big" ship I could think of. This is the only one I personally wouldn't be to interested in, and don't expect DST to make.

#2 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Although I really, really, really want to see Voyager next, I have to vote for the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC

#3 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I voted for the Defiant but I wouldn't mind seeing any of those next, I have a feeling we'll see a Reliant and possibly a Defiant next though.

#4 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (1701 @ Feb 18 2013, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted for the Defiant but I wouldn't mind seeing any of those next, I have a feeling we'll see a Reliant and possibly a Defiant next though.

I'm also expecting one of those 2 to be next, I still have some false hope for the C though.

#5 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

I went for the Defiant, but would also really love the C, don't care about the Stargazer, the Reliant has been done to death in smaller toy lines so it is more than little boring to me. Would love an Akira class ship, if ever DST want to take a risk.

#6 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

I think, based on the brisk sales we're seeing, that several new ships are in order. There are reissue possiblities that have yet to be explored with the current ships, but there's no reason not to think DST could develop three or four more new ones.

They just did the Ent-B and the Bird of Prey at the same time. That seems to be paying off well.

Lets get some newbies in the pipeline (incuding another alien ship please). That outlay of resources will actually pay off. When there are many new things to look forward to, fans and customers pay attention and buy!

With that said lets see a Reliant, Ent-C, and Defiant! Two top alien ships would be Romulan Warbird and a Klingon D-7/K'tinga.

#7 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi all, I haven't been on the boards in a few years (lots of life changes - don't ask). Anyway, I got the Ent-B and the BoP last week, and I'm waiting for my new Ent-E later this week. I experimented last night with using a Sharpie ultra-fine to fill in the windows on my older Ent-E after seeing Will D. and Prometheus' review of the new one on YouTube. Worked out quite well - I'm looking forward to doing the same to the new arrival. (I also want to find out more about the FC variant!)

I had to vote for the Voyager - although truth be told they are all excellent choices and if DST made the Ent-C (my clear, close second choice) I would buy it in a heartbeat to complete the run. All the reasons stated above for making the Ent-C the next ship are perfectly valid. But I voted for the Voyager for a couple of reasons: First, to give the ship a little love, and second, because the secondary prices for the Playmates version on eBay and elsewhere prove the ship would generate very good sales. The swiveling engines alone, and the possibility of variants with landing gear, or ablative hull armor, or a BD version from "Year of Hell" would give DST a lot of possibilities.

May I suggest one or two more (although clearly a couple of niche choices): the USS Prometheus from "Message in a Bottle", or - drum roll, please! - the Enterprise-J. Any market for that one?

BTW, just noticed my low member number (I've been away from here quite a while!). Am I a collectible?

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (flw @ Feb 18 2013, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, I haven't been on the boards in a few years (lots of life changes - don't ask). Anyway, I got the Ent-B and the BoP last week, and I'm waiting for my new Ent-E later this week. I experimented last night with using a Sharpie ultra-fine to fill in the windows on my older Ent-E after seeing Will D. and Prometheus' review of the new one on YouTube. Worked out quite well - I'm looking forward to doing the same to the new arrival. (I also want to find out more about the FC variant!)

I had to vote for the Voyager - although truth be told they are all excellent choices and if DST made the Ent-C (my clear, close second choice) I would buy it in a heartbeat to complete the run. All the reasons stated above for making the Ent-C the next ship are perfectly valid. But I voted for the Voyager for a couple of reasons: First, to give the ship a little love, and second, because the secondary prices for the Playmates version on eBay and elsewhere prove the ship would generate very good sales. The swiveling engines alone, and the possibility of variants with landing gear, or ablative hull armor, or a BD version from "Year of Hell" would give DST a lot of possibilities.

May I suggest one or two more (although clearly a couple of niche choices): the USS Prometheus from "Message in a Bottle", or - drum roll, please! - the Enterprise-J. Any market for that one?

BTW, just noticed my low member number (I've been away from here quite a while!). Am I a collectible?

I'm pretty sure DST said they won't do ships like Prometheus in one of their AskDSTs. But a ship with multi vector assault mode would be awesome.

As for Voyager, I would also think they would have variant options like you said, except for the armored one, I think that would require an entirely different mold.

#9 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Gotta go with Voyager. I am interested in the Defiant and the Enterprise-C, too, but I'm not interested in the Reliant (though I would buy it). However I would hate for the Defiant to come out, not sell quite as well as everyone thinks it would for whatever reasons (more minor ship, not as well known to casual fans of the other series, etc), and then have to listen to DST tell us that they will never release Voyager because "we tried non-TOS/TNG ships and they didn't sell" all based on the Defiant. So I'd like to get Voyager out of the way first because I personally have more confidence in its ability to sell. The Enterprise-C I don't really think would sell well to "outsiders"/casual fans, but then again I bet there are some who would buy it not even realizing it wasn't a "main" Enterprise.

Also...how about DS9 itself? So FHC said that if it's a ship, DST has thought about it -- but DS9's no ship... I'm sure it has occurred to them, but we never seem to really mention it around here. Why not?

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Feb 18 2013, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta go with Voyager. I am interested in the Defiant and the Enterprise-C, too, but I'm not interested in the Reliant (though I would buy it). However I would hate for the Defiant to come out, not sell quite as well as everyone thinks it would for whatever reasons (more minor ship, not as well known to casual fans of the other series, etc), and then have to listen to DST tell us that they will never release Voyager because "we tried non-TOS/TNG ships and they didn't sell" all based on the Defiant. So I'd like to get Voyager out of the way first because I personally have more confidence in its ability to sell. The Enterprise-C I don't really think would sell well to "outsiders"/casual fans, but then again I bet there are some who would buy it not even realizing it wasn't a "main" Enterprise.

The B isn't a main Enterprise, it probably had less screen time then the C, and it seems to be selling well. I also agree with thinking Voyager would sell better then the Defiant, just because it had an entire show based around it.

#11 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (flw @ Feb 18 2013, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Curiously, I spent a couple hours last night watching The Voyage Home while marking up my old Enterprise E. And it is looking quite nice.

In part it's because my wife and I are watching DS9 right now (season 5, woo!), in part it's always been my favorite show, so I had to vote for Defiant. It's such a great little ship, and besides, the Playmates version sells for too much on eBay. sad.gif

After that, I'd want the Enterprise C.

Top most wanted alien ship is definitely the Romulan Warbird. I do have the Playmates of that, but I would buy a DST Romulan Warbird in a heartbeat.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Not a bad list of ships but when it comes to my top choices the order would be as follows.
Voyager
Defiant
Reliant
Enterprise C

Ive never cared for Stargazer so I would pass on that one. There are other ships I would rather see.

#13 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (ryanlb @ Feb 18 2013, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Curiously, I spent a couple hours last night watching The Voyage Home while marking up my old Enterprise E. And it is looking quite nice.

In part it's because my wife and I are watching DS9 right now (season 5, woo!), in part it's always been my favorite show, so I had to vote for Defiant. It's such a great little ship, and besides, the Playmates version sells for too much on eBay. sad.gif

After that, I'd want the Enterprise C.

Top most wanted alien ship is definitely the Romulan Warbird. I do have the Playmates of that, but I would buy a DST Romulan Warbird in a heartbeat.

I want the D7! and the Valdore! I have a feeling it will definitely be the Reliant. All the other ships that DST has produced have all seen silver screen time (AGT Enterpirse is an exception, but it is a variant of the D). The only odd ball is the NX-01, but that was produced before DST took over.

-We are all Kosh

#14 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (VorlonKosh @ Feb 18 2013, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want the D7! and the Valdore! I have a feeling it will definitely be the Reliant. All the other ships that DST has produced have all seen silver screen time (AGT Enterpirse is an exception, but it is a variant of the D). The only odd ball is the NX-01, but that was produced before DST took over.

-We are all Kosh

TOS Enterprise never saw screen time.

#15 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Alteran195 @ Feb 18 2013, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't that one originally a Art Asylum one as well? If not, I stand corrected.

#16 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Defiant saw screen time in First Contact, didn't it?

Obviously, not as much as Reliant, but has any other ship received as much screen time as Defiant, other than the D and E?

I too expect it to be Reliant, and I'll buy it too, it's an okay ship, but more importantly, it will have KHAN sound clips, so how could I not buy it?

#17 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Alteran195 @ Feb 18 2013, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, there was a painting of it on the Rec Dec in TMP.

I gotta say, you've settled in here very nicely! Bravo!

I voted Reliant. I think it and the TWOK Enterprise are the coolest pairing, and the most widely recognised outside of the fandom (Robot Chicken, Animaniacs, SNL, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Kill Bill, Star Trek XI... TWOK is referenced EVERYWHERE).
DST just better make DAMN sure to put a great big picture of KHAAAAAAAAAN on the box.

#18 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well, aside from the painting it's also appeared as a model among the Enterprise lineage display.

I'm pretty torn here between the Reliant and the Enterprise-C. Both of them have very good reasons to be made, but I guess my vote ultimately goes for the Reliant. It seems to be a safe bet not just for itself, but for the Enterprise-C as well because they can get some re-use out of the Reliant.

If they ever release the Defiant, then alongside it they can retool the Reliant into the Saratoga which, since it lacks the 'rollbar,' should actually even save further costs from not having to use as much plastic as the Reliant itself. The Saratoga has been released in other lines so it's not an unprecedented move, either. And, if they were ambitious, they could do a Soyuz variant from the Kelsey Grammer TNG episode.

So, with that sort of potential, I believe even if the Reliant itself is a poor seller then it won't be such a huge hit against them and they would likely still be willing to make the Enterprise-C.

When it comes to the Defiant, I have no doubt they'll make it. And, they would have to go out of their way to screw it up for it to not be a big hit. I do sort of hope that Voyager will be released someday, but it's #5 on my priorities list.

#19 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

More than any other ship, the Defiant. DS9 is 20 this year, so it's perfect timing for an announcement. Defiant first, then Reliant (I imagine both of these happening at the same time), then I'm fine with anything after that because I'll have all the ships I ever wanted. If they make another alien one, I feel the most obvious choice would be the D-7, with a variant K'Tinga. Iconic shape, and I'd happily buy all 3 (D-7, K'Tinga, and Kronos One).

Being honest though, after those 3, what I'd really love would be some models of the shuttles and Runabouts (man, I'd love a Runabout and a Type-6 Shuttle in-scale that lit-up etc). The small-craft at the same scale, with size dimensions to match the big ships (so let's say the Rio Grande at 15-19 inches long), would be delightful.

#20 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

I think there are ships that are slightly more off the beaten track for DST (Enterprise B, C and Romulan Warbird from TNG) and then there's ships that literally plunge DST down the side of a cliff off of that beaten track (Prometheus). Would us Trekkers and Trekkies love to see a ship with Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode? Some of us would but others and unfortunately the majority wouldn't know what we were talking about.

I think the furthest I can see DST going off the beaten track is doing the Enterprise C or Borg Cube but I think they should bide their time with the C, perhaps that could be next years reveal, with the momentum they have now with some amazing sales (hopefully) of the B and BoP they'll keep that going with releasing some non-Enterprise but equally popular ships.

In my mind DST could do the following before it became financially impossible:

Defiant
Reliant
Voyager
Enterprise C
Enterprise A
Romulan Warbird
Klingon Vor'Cha Attack Cruiser
Borg Cube
Borg Sphere
Phoenix Warp-Ship
Klingon D7 Battlecruiser
Enterprise NX 01
Romulan Bird of Prey
Botany Bay

And then possibly some shuttles:

DS9 Runabout
TNG Shuttlecraft Goddard
TOS Shuttlecraft Galileo

I mean actually the Runabout I've always considered to be a ship more than a shuttle so I'd be blown away if DST do a lights and sound Runabout without an interior but for the other smaller craft, they'd probably have to do them like they do their BTTF Delorean, KITT and Munsters Coach with interiors and maybe a smaller 3 3/4 inch figure! (Imagine a Best of Both Worlds shuttle with Worf, Data and Locutus/Picard 3 3/4 inch figure with lights and sounds shuttle!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users