• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3261 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

Man. So, it was partly because of the crappy US customer service that I gave up on my Eaglemoss sub and actually gave up on collecting the smaller ships. I sold most all of them off, in fact. But I kept my JJverse specials, just got the NX Refit and am getting the Franklin today. I subscribed to the XL ships and the Discovery ships, thinking the larger ships just seemed more appealing than a ton of smaller ones. That being said, I had REALLY hoped the subscriber issues that I experienced had been figured out in the year or so I took off as a subscriber. It's sad to hear it's ongoing and people are still waiting forever for these things. 

#3262 Racer_X

Racer_X

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Regarding regular issues, I too have yet to receive issues 96, 97, 105, 108, and 109.  However, since many of us seem to be in the same boat for the same issues, I have to think that there is a method to their madness and that we'll eventually receive regular issues.  For ever time they've skipped over an issue or two, I've eventually received them.

Also, they do seem to charge me regularly for at least 1 issue; in the last two years, the greatest number of days between one invoice and the next is 48 days, with the average being 25 or so.  I know that US Eaglemoss gets a lot of grief - and rightfully so - but it's not like they've forgotten me for months at a time.  Clearly they're dropping the ball on the specials, but that's a bit more manageable.

#3263 Scott Nixon

Scott Nixon

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

So here's my dilemma: do I stick with the subscription, or cancel it and just buy ships from the Eaglemoss US Shop and various eBay retailers?

There are a few things that have made me go from "solid subscriber!" to "should I keep going?" ...

Because I want an extra copy of some ships, when the Eaglemoss US Shop showed they had the USS Ahwahnee (Issue 108) in stock, I ordered it--along with the USS Defiant glow-in-the-dark ship.  I figured #108 and #109 were going to be coming shortly because they were next in line in my subscription, so I better go ahead and get my extra copy of #108 before they sell out.  I ordered the Ahwahnee and Defiant on 10/27, they shipped both on 11/1, and I received both on 11/4.  So why were they suddenly out when it came time for my subscription copy?

Also, I've seen the Orion Scout Ship (Issue 96) available at the shop for many, many weeks.  It's even showing on sale now!  So why haven't they shipped my subscription copy out yet?  They've shipped single issues to me before.  I haven't checked the situation on the other issues I'm missing, so it may be the same with those: in the shop, but not in my collection.

Add to the above factors that there are a few issues I would probably skip if I had the choice (like Captain Proton's Rocket Ship--which I just received today), I'm wondering: why bother with a subscription?

Every time I e-mail them, I get the same 'backordered--wil ship when in stock' response.

But they are/were in stock in the store! (I just checked, and Issue 109 is showing in stock--and of course, on sale!)

So to everyone out there:  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Someone care to talk me down off the ledge?

#3264 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:47 PM

So it seems youre as far into the collection as i am so heres why im sticking with them: i almost quit a year ago or so. Figured i had what i wanted and i could purchase issues as i saw fit. My wife wanted me to keep going but i was tired of the customer care sucking with missing issues, repeated delays, etc...

I called and told them i was going to cancel. Then they gave me a 25 percent off the subscription. I talked to my wife again and she said what ultimately kept me going (although the 25% off regular issues helped): you've already collected this far, why not finish it and enjoy it, even if once in a while they mess it up? In the end, youll have something youve wanted since you were a kid and the whole family enjoys the collection. So stick with it.

So ill bitch about shit and i definitely miss when us customers were taken care of by the uk customer service before 2015. But when i see my collection in what our family now calls the starship room, mounted on the shelves, lit up by our custom designed lighting my wife designed and i built, i realize it is worth all the aggravation.

Hope you stay with man. Hopefully theyll unfuck themselves but if not, at least well have very unique collection, complete one day.

#3265 Scott Nixon

Scott Nixon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

That very point--"I've been in it this far, why change now" (especially when the problems have only been happening recently)--is exactly why I've been leaning toward staying.

Another related point that I have come to realize since I posted last is that trying to track down individual issues via retailers would be much more of a hassle than the automatic--though sometimes messed up--subscription service.

Thanks for your input Starfleet Doc.

#3266 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Jumbo Voyager is up and on sale on the UK site

#3267 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

I've been waiting for that to pop up for pre order, should be here in time for Christmas also. First jumbo I've given in on (only the 1701 looked worth the outlay and who needs yet another 1701!) but I couldn't resist the jumbo NX-01 so got that also.

I'll dip in and out with those, and I'm not going to fill in my missing ones. I will however be all over a jumbo Defiant. If we get as far as a jumbo Akira...I'll likely explode.

#3268 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

I've ordered my jumbo Voyager, use code VOYAGER15 to reduce the price to £42.49

#3269 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

Darn it. Where did you find that code?

#3270 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Just checked my emails earlier, and I saw it there. :/

Might be worth giving them a call, saying the discount you entered hasn't shown up on your bank account, and see if you can get it applied now or refunded the difference?

#3271 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Darn it. Where did you find that code?

I'm on their mailing list, for every jumbo so far they've emailed me when it has been added to the store and included a £5 off code but for the Voyager they increased it slightly with a 15% discount.

My Nostromo arrived today :) It's a very nice model but it is mostly plastic. Only the front is metal and even then it must be hollow, the model is a lot lighter than the jumbo Star Trek ships.

DSC05467.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05470.jpg

DSC05471.jpg

#3272 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

That Nostromo looks gorgeous! Definitely on my want list.

#3273 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

My Aventine should be here today or tomorrow. I've been looking forward to getting this one almost as much as Titan (hopefully BBTS gets Titan in stock soon).

#3274 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Think the Nostromo is worth it?

Normally I'd snap it up but a) it looks quite big and space is always an issue in these post the arrival of EM products and B) its not particularly cheap.

#3275 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

Think the Nostromo is worth it?

Normally I'd snap it up but a) it looks quite big and space is always an issue in these post the arrival of EM products and B) its not particularly cheap.

For me it is but Alien is my favourite movie of all time which made it a must buy.

Accuracy wise it looks absolutely spot on compared to main filming model:-

https://propstore.co...alien-nostromo/

If there are any errors I've not noticed them and I'm happy the model matches what you get to see of it in the movie itself, and comparing to the original studio model it's really impressive how closely this EM model compares. Ed Giddings who created the CG model seriously knocked it out of the park as it were.

Size wise it is virtually identical size to jumbo Ent-D.

Price wise for some reason they initially priced it at £49.99 then quickly put the price up to £54.99 then reduced it back down to £49.99 for Black Friday sale and now put it back to £54.99. Seems a bit of a con putting the price up like that, they shouldn't be charging more than £50 for it. Also as a mentioned in my original post it is mostly plastic, much more plastic than the similarly priced jumbo Star Trek ships so some people may feel they are paying a lot of money for just a piece of plastic. However it is a detailed, accurate, nicely painted piece of plastic!

Even the detail inside the engines matches exactly the studio model

DSC05473.jpg

#3276 Scott Nixon

Scott Nixon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Does anyone here in the US want my binders?  I have 6 (4 of which I never used) which I'd like to give away to someone here rather than throw out.  Just message me and let me know your address, and I'll mail them out to you (no charge--Merry Xmas!).

#3277 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Sent you a PM. 

#3278 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

My Aventine should be here today or tomorrow. I've been looking forward to getting this one almost as much as Titan (hopefully BBTS gets Titan in stock soon).

Mine came. It has horrid misalignment of one of the top saucer print layers. Gonna have to complain.

#3279 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Mine was delayed. It should now be here today. It seems like it got put on the wrong truck and sent way out f the way before coming here. So I will check out the alignment when it gets here . Thanks for the heads up.

#3280 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

The Aventine has escaped the gravitational anomaly that it was trapped in and safely arrived at space dock.

It looks like everything is in order and no misaligned prints. Overall I love it but do wish that it was a little larger.
It's a cool looking ship.
I also wish that it came with a magazine but I guess there isn't enough details about it to do a whole magazine for it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users