Photo

May history never forget the name "Enterprise".

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hi, my name is Pastor Al from Calgary, Alberta way up here in the frozen tundra of Canada. Besides a forty year Trekker (yes, I am older than that!) I am also director of Cal-Con Productions and we are organizing a huge - and might I add (in comparison) affordable - Star Trek convention for August 02-03, 2008. Web set up shortly and will get back to yous on that.
I am a collector and a Playmates 5" customizer and some 500+ of my characters can be viewed at Playtrek.com>customs>Pastor Al's Customs. Every incarnation is represented quite well so I hope you enjoy "My Star Trek Family" which will be growing by about another 70 soon.
I also build scale models and have built the line of "Ships Named Enterprise" since 1776 to 2376 in roughly 700-800 scale. Sorry no post but that's why I have started customizing their captains.
Love God...love trek...love everybody with the love of God!
LOGL,
Pastor Al

#2 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

Welcome aboard.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

Welcome aboard Pastor Al.

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

Yes, welcome to forum Pastor Al. Glad to see you about!

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Welcome smile.gif

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:59 AM

Welcome to the forum, feel free to post something the closer it comes to con time in our convention forum smile.gif

#7 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

Welcome to the board Pastor Al. Another fellow canuck on the forum. Yay!

#8 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

Captain Kidd from Ottawa...hm...my friend harper has told me about you. A pastor being buddy with someone important from the same town, well, now we know where you hang out. Pastor Allan Howes is my real name - oops is that a forum faux pas! -and assuming you are not a pirate (right!) I thank you for your welcoming thoughts and kind words..."go Flames go!!!!"
LOGL,
Pastor Al

#9 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:05 AM

#10 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Pastor Al @ Mar 21 2007, 07:53 PM) View Post
Captain Kidd from Ottawa...hm...my friend harper has told me about you. A pastor being buddy with someone important from the same town, well, now we know where you hang out. Pastor Allan Howes is my real name - oops is that a forum faux pas! -and assuming you are not a pirate (right!) I thank you for your welcoming thoughts and kind words..."go Flames go!!!!"
LOGL,
Pastor Al

Your friend harper told you about me eh! The name is Patrick and no i'm no pirate like the name may imply that's a common mistake, I am a privateer wink.gif Again welcome to the forum Al.

#11 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 20 2007, 02:13 PM) View Post
Welcome aboard.

Stormfury Echo - that is quite the monicker, yet, it is the cool picture of the Enterprise that is eyecatching. If you haven't seen it already, on Star Trek.com there is a picture of the Enterprise "under construction" that is really cool in their picture boards.

#12 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 21 2007, 11:05 PM) View Post
Hi Pastor Al, welcome to the board!!!! Good people here. Ummm were you in the movie Trekkies 2? LL

I am not that old, LL. Actually I am trying to get a bkgrnd in ST:XI. You never know unless you try!

#13 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 20 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post
Welcome smile.gif

Cool, My Space, are you in the pictures? Is your band the five from TO?

#14 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

LOL, the stormfury is a starship that I designed several years ago.

Granted she looks like garbage here, but the picture was drawn several years ago when I was SG at a Military School I attended for the duration of my last two years in highschool. A very boring day led to this marvelous creation that was done completely freehand, hence why she looks like garbage.

#15 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

#16 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Pastor Al from Playtrek I believe.

Glad to see you made it over here. smile.gif

#17 Pastor Al

Pastor Al

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 22 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post
LOL, the stormfury is a starship that I designed several years ago.

Granted she looks like garbage here, but the picture was drawn several years ago when I was SG at a Military School I attended for the duration of my last two years in highschool. A very boring day led to this marvelous creation that was done completely freehand, hence why she looks like garbage.

SG is a military term I am unfamiliar with. The ship, for freehand, I only wish I could sketch so detailed. Really nice job. I haven't drwan it but built it - the USS Ahark. My 1701A fell from the sky so I reconfigured her: secondary under primary hull with nacelles aligned on each side bottom, interconnecting hull becomes quantum torpedoe launcher over the impulse manifole and aiming forward over the bridge, the sonsory platform from bottom is on top front of primary hull and acts as a drone launcher...pretty cool dreadnaught!
I am customizing the crew - a hodgepodge of the Galaxy selected (stolen by Section 31) from birth and trained specifically for this ship and its mission: to take the wormhole into the Gamma Quad and Warp 9 it into the Delta behind Unimatrix-0 to kick some Borg Butt.
Isn't this what Trek is all about?
LOGL,
Pastor Al

#18 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

I like that design Stormfurry. We will have to create a thread for the Trektoy Starfleet where Me, You, Pastor Al, and everybody else that wants to can submit ship designs.

Pastor Al, I like that the direction yo uare going with the back story for your ship. I would like to see your model too.

#19 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Pastor Al @ Mar 22 2007, 05:30 PM) View Post
Cool, My Space, are you in the pictures? Is your band the five from TO?

Sorry no band photos at this time, don't want to scare anyone off.

No the band only has 2 members.

#20 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

I'm glad I have you all's approval. Because of the crude measures taken to design her, I've always been kind of self concious. Pastor Al, your ship, from the sounds of it, reminds me of the Belknap Class Strike Cruiser: http://www.kitsune.a...USS_Belknap.htm

"It's a damn fine ship if you ask me!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users