• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

I sure was surprised to find this under the tree this year. Merry Christmas to me! :-)

This has to be my favorite phaser from the original cast's movies. I always thought this should have been the phaser to proceed the TOS era phaser.

This one is made by Richard Coyle and it's a really nice piece. It has a real solid feel to it. The P1 has alternating LED's and the fire button lights up with alternating colors. I'm honestly not too impressed with the sound effects but they assure they are screen accurate. The sound is a bit muffled when the p1 is attached to the p2 since the speakers faces downward in the p1. To me the sound effect sounds like a needle being scratched across a record. I'll have to pull out my STIII blu-ray and check the sound myself.

You can read up on the prop here. It has some nice info.

http://racprops.com/special_feature/

and

http://www.racprops....issue6/Phaser3/

Here's a quick shot from right after I opened it up. I have since realized the phaser was on the stand backwards. I'll post more detailed pics soon!

Thanks to FHC for adding the Roddenberry.com category!!

#2 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Here are some more photos. I had to take them with my iPhone since the digital cam is currently DOA.

The sound issue I was having is now resolved. The battery was close to dead. A fresh one was put in and now it sounds great.

This now my favorite item in my collection. Now to just find a nice display case for it, like the MR assault phaser.

#3 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

Congratulations! That's a great gift. Richard Coyle's props are always flawless and will surely be the centerpiece of your collection.

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

I have one of his older ones. Might be from the same mold? No stand or anything of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users